Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Airbus 321N Experiences/Reports Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Airbus 321N Experiences/Reports Thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2023, 2:41 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by sc001
Thanks for sharing. That’s absurd. Delta will have 155 A321neos within next few years. Let’s hope they fix this issue on new deliveries or else the no pre-select for domestic first class will affect a significant percentage of the fleet.
They could even do what United is apparently doing with their preorder system where preorders can “run out” (they don’t cater more of an individual item if lots of people preorder it, they just close preorders for that item). Agree with everyone it’s a pathetic solution for the new domestic long haul flagship, essentially, but at least it would allow some passengers to be happy with their meal choice.
Old Oct 11, 2023, 2:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by dw
But let’s all please not forget that DL is a “premium” airline.
This right here. Maybe DL will start an upgrade list for the hot meals too... if you spend 350k on your Reserve card then you have a good shot at the meal you want.
Old Oct 11, 2023, 3:35 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, Hilton Honors, Amtrak Guest Rewards
Originally Posted by bgriff
They could even do what United is apparently doing with their preorder system where preorders can “run out” (they don’t cater more of an individual item if lots of people preorder it, they just close preorders for that item). Agree with everyone it’s a pathetic solution for the new domestic long haul flagship, essentially, but at least it would allow some passengers to be happy with their meal choice.
IINM, UA shuts off preordering when any item sells out.
Old Oct 15, 2023, 11:26 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Just flew this plane for the first time yesteday. Never again. What an absolute joke of leg room. Wish I had known to take 1B not 1C although this wasnt like that one UA 737 lay out where there really is a large cut out and room for a leg or bag in 1A/B but not in C/D. A/B didnt seem any better to me but nontheless I always take the bulkhead in recliner F and even wtih AA's lame Oasis seats I can still put my leg out. Not with this seat. Long transcon too from FLL and just thought the whole seat was so bad. Not a very comfy bottom, NO leg room & nothing special at all. So what it has some cool mood lighting. No pre order either of course but for me its about the bulkhead to not have a seat recline into you and to put your feet out and you cant with this seat. Its really noticeably bad.
cmd320 likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2023, 5:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Oh but the CEO thinks this is a fully 'premium' experience on their domestic flagship product! Complete with lack of legroom if you're in row 1, and seat recline into your face so you can barely get out of the seat and can't use a laptop if you're in the rest of the rows.
Old Oct 16, 2023, 6:43 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by rylan
Oh but the CEO thinks this is a fully 'premium' experience on their domestic flagship product! Complete with lack of legroom if you're in row 1, and seat recline into your face so you can barely get out of the seat and can't use a laptop if you're in the rest of the rows.
I’m a bit surprised (or, maybe given their hubris, not surprised) that DL hasn’t listed to passenger feedback to F on this plane, and also the A220.

Some of the complaints are the same AA received to F on their Oasis retrofit (tight legroom in row 1; difficultly in storing carryons under the seat due to support bars), and AA did end up tweaking the layout in response.
cmd320 likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2023, 7:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dw
I’m a bit surprised (or, maybe given their hubris, not surprised) that DL hasn’t listed to passenger feedback to F on this plane, and also the A220.

Some of the complaints are the same AA received to F on their Oasis retrofit (tight legroom in row 1; difficultly in storing carryons under the seat due to support bars), and AA did end up tweaking the layout in response.
DL doesn't care. Once they have a layout, thats it until it is up for a major overhaul in 10+ years. Good example - look at the horrid 737-900. F is tight all around, first row is worse than C+ if you're over 6ft tall, and small number of C+ seats. Despite plenty of negative feedback, it hasn't changed in years. DL is out to maximize number of seats in the plane, not provide a 'premium' experience of comfort and service.
dw likes this.
Old Oct 29, 2023, 8:05 pm

Row 5

Any thoughts on Row 5? I’m taking an odd flight, so want to be in the back for FEBO, but is the lav any bother? Figure 5B may be good to fully recline (and not feel guilty!) plus not get trapped in the window. TIA!
Old Oct 29, 2023, 8:49 pm

Originally Posted by Cantaloupe
Any thoughts on Row 5? I’m taking an odd flight, so want to be in the back for FEBO, but is the lav any bother? Figure 5B may be good to fully recline (and not feel guilty!) plus not get trapped in the window. TIA!
Maybe I'm just not picky, but I love this product. I've been on the neo 3 or 4 times in the past two months, all in row 5 and was never bothered by the lav. If I'm honest, I didn't even realize there was one behind me.
Cantaloupe likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2023, 6:44 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
In my experience, the "FE" part of FEBO is always observed, but the "BO" part is hit or miss, so personally if I have the option I always go for the middle on an odd numbered flight.
cmd320 and Cantaloupe like this.
Old Oct 30, 2023, 7:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Don't worry about the lav. Row 5 in my opinion is the best row in F in this plane since as you mentioned you can recline fully and don't have to worry about being in the pax face behind you. Only problem is you will likely not have any choice of meal and just get whatever cold salad or vegetarian option is remaining.

And, don't rely on the rumored 'FEBO'... the vast majority of my flights they start from front to back for meals regardless of the flight number. Even being in the middle won't guarantee you a good meal choice.
Cantaloupe likes this.
Old Nov 7, 2023, 12:40 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, DL Gold
Is there any feedback on the Y cabin, specifically any rows with missing windows? Traveling on a couple of these with our two little kids (2 and 4), and learned the hard way what happens if a window is missing after booking Row 12 on the regular A321 twice (although just looking at the regular Y cabin for these flights). Currently have rows 18, 21, 22, 23 (don't care about no recline in 18, unless there's something else weird with that row).
Old Nov 7, 2023, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
Originally Posted by WheelsFirst
Is there any feedback on the Y cabin, specifically any rows with missing windows? Traveling on a couple of these with our two little kids (2 and 4), and learned the hard way what happens if a window is missing after booking Row 12 on the regular A321 twice (although just looking at the regular Y cabin for these flights). Currently have rows 18, 21, 22, 23 (don't care about no recline in 18, unless there's something else weird with that row).
Aerolopa has very good illustrations of each A321, including all rows that might have a missing window.

https://www.aerolopa.com/dl

On the 321ceo, the missing windows are at rows 12, 18, 19, 26, 38, and 39.

On the 321neo, the missing windows are at rows 20 (misaligned), 29, 30, and 39 (misaligned).

On some models of Boeing and Airbus, it's possible for a row to have a missing window on one side but not the other. Aerolopa's pics are pretty reliable.
dw, WheelsFirst, DiscoPapa and 1 others like this.
Old Nov 7, 2023, 9:30 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, DL Gold
^thank you!
DenverBrian likes this.
Old Nov 10, 2023, 8:55 pm

Programs: DL platinum, AS MVP gold
I just did two 5+ hour legs in the rows 3 and 4 window in the NEO. SEA - KOA and KOA - LAX
I'll be blunt! The New first class seats suck!
While the storage features are nice, they come at the price of reduced width seats that force you into an upright posture for the entire trip. The seats themselves are enclosed in plastic shells resembling a D1 seat that include privacy "wings" at head level that obstruct views out the window and effectively trap you in your seat when the passenger in front reclines. The lack of space also makes it impossible to use a laptop when the passenger in front reclines.
Accessing the aisle from the window seat requires that the row in front of you to bring their seats fully upright. I found the seats claustrophobic, the "memory foam" is thin and became very uncomfortable after about three hours. I could have felt this "squished" in main cabin for a lot less money!
Never been so happy to see the overstuffed, wide seats on my 738 connection to ANC
Come on Delta, you can do better than this!
More Pitch and more padding!

Last edited by flightmedic72; Nov 10, 2023 at 9:01 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.