Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Airbus 321N Experiences/Reports Thread

Delta Airbus 321N Experiences/Reports Thread

Old Jul 21, 2023, 11:29 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
I sat in 3D for about 20 minutes before we had to deplane due to a weather delay and I ended up offloading myself from that flight. I was pretty happy with the window alignment in that row and think I would have been ok.

My choice for the rebooked flight was either 1B or 1D and I am glad I took 1B. I'm 5'10" with a 30" inseam and had good legroom and was able to cross my legs whenever I wanted. My seatmate was also able to get by me without me having to stand up. I was able to fit my 18" rollaboard (placed shelf-style), backpack, and CPAP into the half bin over 1 C/D.
obscure2k and luggagebin like this.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Jul 21, 2023 at 2:43 pm
Old Jul 21, 2023, 2:20 pm

Programs: UA/HH/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by FlyBitcoin
Sitting in 12F now.
Do NOT book rows 10-12 on this plane.
Lavatory is a huge issue... light and fumes beaming out every door open/close and at least 3 people congregating much of flight.
Avoid row 5 in FC as well.
The curtain behind row 5 stretches diagonally across the aisle and seems to invite at least one large body to wait there ahead of the lav door inches away from 10D. So much I would effectively call 10D a middle seat
Lesson learned. Pick an exit row further back if row 13-17 unavailable.
I was in 13D recently and was really surprised by the amount of difficulty people were having getting the lavatory door to open and close and lock properly--lots of people getting walked in on, lots of folks not closing the door behind them when they left. Would not have been happy in 10DEF.

Last edited by Calcifer; Jul 21, 2023 at 2:26 pm
Old Jul 21, 2023, 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by josephstern
I flew this a few times recently to Hawaii in C+. I really, really like it. Much more room than in previous 757s. Also good luggage space. The whole plane just feels surprisingly more open.

I did also get upgraded on one segment. F was pretty fantastic there, but yes, getting to the window seat requires some contortions.

I can't believe they couldn't put Bluetooth into the entertainment systems in coach, but only in F. What would the added cost have been? 50 cents per seat? Whatever it would have been, they'd save it on free headphones over time. And just for environmental reasons . . .
Flight attendants have been told Its currently in testing. I cant recall if the wording implied it would roll out to all cabins eventually or not. Im sure rolling it out to all cabins is a trivial software update or setting change if thata the case.
josephstern likes this.
Old Jul 21, 2023, 5:01 pm

Originally Posted by Flyer0889
Flight attendants have been told Its currently in testing. I cant recall if the wording implied it would roll out to all cabins eventually or not. Im sure rolling it out to all cabins is a trivial software update or setting change if thata the case.
Interesting. I guess that makes sense. Roll it out to a smaller group first and make sure they know how to work it so as not to overburden flight attendants, and then open it up to the main cabin after some experience.
Old Aug 27, 2023, 7:21 pm

Programs: DL Diamond/1MM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
How's 12A in C+? Is the legroom with the lav bulkhead there a problem?
Old Aug 28, 2023, 8:10 pm

Programs: Delta. AA, National EE, HH
Originally Posted by dmarge18

A couple posts up.

Originally Posted by FlyBitcoin
Sitting in 12F now.
Do NOT book rows 10-12 on this plane.
Lavatory is a huge issue... light and fumes beaming out every door open/close and at least 3 people congregating much of flight.
Avoid row 5 in FC as well.
The curtain behind row 5 stretches diagonally across the aisle and seems to invite at least one large body to wait there ahead of the lav door inches away from 10D. So much I would effectively call 10D a middle seat
Lesson learned. Pick an exit row further back if row 13-17 unavailable.
Old Aug 28, 2023, 8:58 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum; Hilton Diamond; Marriot Gold
Honestly the A321 ceo's seating chart is SO MUCH BETTER than the Neo's.

On the CEO you get a full row 10 with extra leg room behind first class.
You get exit rows in C+ with unlimited leg room with the 2LR doors
the mid cabin lav is by an exit door and is much further back so you don't have crowding in C+ at all (or in FC for that matter)
And frankly, I think the seats are more comfortable in the CEO.

The NEO's seating chart is as basic as a 738; two overwings that aren't C+ (meaning you either get upgraded snacks/free alcohol OR you get the extra leg room).
Old Aug 31, 2023, 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by AZwldcats
A couple posts up.
I mean that post wasn't super helpful. It said lav noise/smell, but I've sat in similar seats in Row 26 on the A321ceo (on the lav side) and it wasn't an issue unless you were on the aisle or on the opposite side (not the window). I was mostly asking about the leg room.
Old Sep 4, 2023, 4:06 pm

A321N row 1 bulkhead

Enough room for shoes on the wall

josephstern and hhdl like this.
Old Sep 4, 2023, 5:42 pm

We flew this on SEA-HNL and the return. The F seats were comfortable enough - I really like the adjustable headrest. Lots of storage pockets. However, due to satellite coverage, wifi doesn't work on this aircraft over most of the flight over the pacific to Hawaii.
luggagebin likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2023, 10:47 pm

Originally Posted by dmarge18
To answer my own question, 12A was perfectly fine. Great legroom for a bulkhead, and being at the window wasn't bothered by the lav like the aisle would be.
MadeiraSteph likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2023, 11:46 am

Programs: Delta DM for now
Originally Posted by shoodawg
Enough room for shoes on the wall

For the more civilized folk among us, how good/bad is the leg room for row 1 when you keep your feet on the floor? Ive got a red eye on one of these coming up in October and right now Im in 1A so I dont have to deal with anyone in front reclining, but for the overnight I still want to be able to extend my legs.
Old Sep 6, 2023, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by TuxTom
For the more civilized folk among us, how good/bad is the leg room for row 1 when you keep your feet on the floor? Ive got a red eye on one of these coming up in October and right now Im in 1A so I dont have to deal with anyone in front reclining, but for the overnight I still want to be able to extend my legs.
Unless you're short, you won't be able to extend your legs much in Row 1. 1A/B are slightly better since there's a small cutout for your feet giving you maybe an inch or two more of room over 1C/D but it's still otherwise pretty tight. I flew the A321N back in April and I was originally in 1A before swapping to 1D for a couple to sit together. I know to do my best to avoid both sets going forward (I'm 6'4).
luggagebin likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2023, 12:54 pm

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Im 511 and was perfectly fine with 1A; the little cutout helped, and I was able to get out for the lav without 1B having to get up. 1D looked a tad bit tighter though. 1A is now my preferred seat on this aircraft since I like window seats and really feel claustrophobic in the other rows when the seat in front is reclined.
Old Sep 6, 2023, 4:18 pm

I flew SEA-JFK in 3A and the privacy wings do nothing- I could still see 3B's face and phone clearly because whoever designed the seat designed it to a certain height range (aka im too short to line up with the wings) thus making its benefit largely pointless.
luggagebin likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.