Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Airbus 321N Experiences/Reports Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Airbus 321N Experiences/Reports Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2023, 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by TuxTom
For the more civilized folk among us, how good/bad is the leg room for row 1 when you keep your feet on the floor? I’ve got a red eye on one of these coming up in October and right now I’m in 1A so I don’t have to deal with anyone in front reclining, but for the overnight I still want to be able to extend my legs.
I’m 5’7. Found 1d to be perfect.
Old Sep 7, 2023, 4:09 pm

Programs: Delta DM for now
Originally Posted by ClipperDelta
I’m 5’11 and was perfectly fine with 1A; the little cutout helped, and I was able to get out for the lav without 1B having to get up. 1D looked a tad bit tighter though. 1A is now my preferred seat on this aircraft since I like window seats and really feel claustrophobic in the other rows when the seat in front is reclined.
Originally Posted by shoodawg
I’m 5’7. Found 1d to be perfect.
Thanks. I’m 5’8 so I should be fine in 1A
Old Sep 8, 2023, 5:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Love this plane, but a few things of note.

1: Lots of crumbs, they need better cleaning

2. Small ovens preventing pre orders was a huge miss. We were row 3 (A-D) and all hot meals gone already.

3. Some folks had broken seats that wouldn’t recline. Already???

Otherwise love this bird, so much quieter.
Old Sep 9, 2023, 9:36 am

Programs: DL (former NWA) PM
Poor Catering Management

Originally Posted by mnredfox
Love this plane, but a few things of note.

1: Lots of crumbs, they need better cleaning

2. Small ovens preventing pre orders was a huge miss. We were row 3 (A-D) and all hot meals gone already.

3. Some folks had broken seats that wouldn’t recline. Already???

Otherwise love this bird, so much quieter.
This whole limited oven space fiasco is is poor management catering planning and execution.

The oven can only hold 12 meals. So cook the first 12 entrees right after takeoff for the 20 minute normal protocol, then once you begin serving those 12, cook the other eight meals for the next 20 minutes. Yes, rows 4-5 could have to wait extra time to be served but these A321NEO are being used on long haul routes. I’d rather wait for a hot meal fit for a long range route on than be served a cold meal that’s fit for a Delta Connection flight.
Old Sep 12, 2023, 9:12 pm

Is the legroom in 1B similar to on the 739? with that notch opening for a bit more room

i prefer the first row and 1B on the 739 was good for me.
Old Oct 6, 2023, 3:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, DL PM, Bonvoy Titanium (Plat Life), HH G, Amtrak, B6, MR
I'm writing this from seat 2D on this bird, LAS-BOS. This is my second flight on it, the first being JFK-LAS earlier this week, also in 2D. I agree with previous posters who said getting out of the window seat is a challenge. it's particularly so if the person in front has reclined fully and the aisle passenger has a beverage on the little tray on the armrest.

I also find the F seat to be really uncomfortable. The lumbar support is mediocre at best, and I find the seat bottom padding to be all but non-existent. I'm only 2 hours into the flight according to the flight tracker, and already my behind is numb. Is there something wrong with me (no wait, don't answer that!) or is this a problem other people have observed also?

That said, the seat is visually appealing and I love the extra storage slots. The seatback screen is a decent size and I think it's really cool to be able to pair my own Bluetooth headphones with it.

The free internet was pretty darn terrible on my earlier flight, and is only marginally better on this one.
doubleA likes this.
Old Oct 7, 2023, 2:56 am

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
Originally Posted by sxpsxpsxp
I also find the F seat to be really uncomfortable. The lumbar support is mediocre at best, and I find the seat bottom padding to be all but non-existent. I'm only 2 hours into the flight according to the flight tracker, and already my behind is numb. Is there something wrong with me (no wait, don't answer that!) or is this a problem other people have observed also?
Nope I've found the padding to be pretty dire on the new F seat and I think there are other similar complaints in this thread as well
sxpsxpsxp likes this.
Old Oct 7, 2023, 5:30 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by sxpsxpsxp
I think any seat that is too firm / lacks padding is going to make your butt numb, so it’s not just you ;-)

Same thing has happened to me in coach exit rows sometimes (specifically calling out the 763s).
Old Oct 8, 2023, 11:20 am

Programs: SPG, HH, IHG, BA, DL
Just flew C+ DL 321Neo (SEA-KOA) and loved the much quieter flight, comfy seats and great service.
Old Oct 9, 2023, 10:20 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Delta Skymiles Platinum
Whoever designed this plane clearly does not fly very often.

Delta is using the A321N exclusively for flights between JFK and Vegas. I have done 3 round trips between July and yesterday, all 6 flights in F on this woefully inadequate aircraft.

The issues with the F seat that have been written about here are totally on point. It is hard and uncomfortable for a longer flight, and it is almost impossible to get in and out from the window seat if the passenger in front of you reclines. If the person in front of me reclines, if feels like we are sitting in coach, the seat back get so close to my face.

I was talking to the flight attendant on my last flight. They cannot do pre-orders of meals because the oven is too small. Really? Whose brilliant design was that?

I am having another issue that I have not seen discussed. They have the free wifi, and my colleague has no problem connecting with his I-Phone. But on 5 of the 6 recent flights I have taken, it says I am connected but I cannot connect to anything but the Delta app. On my latest flight it was finally working, BUT something happened, and they had to re-set the wifi for the entire plane. Both the wifi and the live TV were out for about a half hour before they came back.

I hate it when I see that my flight is on this aircraft.
Old Oct 10, 2023, 8:41 am

Programs: Diamond SkyMiles (2MM), Executive (Lifetime NWA) Skyclub, UAL Mileage Plus, IHG Plat Elite
Absolutely agree with statements about limited room in F when seats reclined! It can be gymnastics getting from Window seat to restroom.
Old Oct 10, 2023, 4:32 pm

Programs: Delta 360 and 2MM, Air Canada 25k, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by MW147
I was talking to the flight attendant on my last flight. They cannot do pre-orders of meals because the oven is too small. Really? Whose brilliant design was that?
Thank you for posting this. I was wondering why I couldn’t pre-select a meal on my PHX to JFK flight on the A321neo last week. At the same time the outlets in my row - 5C and 5D - were broken and the pilots didn’t know how to reset them.
Old Oct 10, 2023, 4:37 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by MW147
It’s probably somewhere in this thread, but apparently the original configuration was supposed to be 16 F, so they configured the galley with an oven that could heat 16 entrees. At some point late in the process, they decided to expand the F cabin to 20 seats, but it was too late to change the galley configuration. So even though these planes are used for long flights, often transcon, some people in F are always going to be stuck with cold meals.

But let’s all please not forget that DL is a “premium” airline.
MW147, cmd320 and ATOBTTR like this.
Old Oct 10, 2023, 5:46 pm

Programs: Delta 360 and 2MM, Air Canada 25k, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by dw
It’s probably somewhere in this thread, but apparently the original configuration was supposed to be 16 F, so they configured the galley with an oven that could heat 16 entrees. At some point late in the process, they decided to expand the F cabin to 20 seats, but it was too late to change the galley configuration. So even though these planes are used for long flights, often transcon, some people in F are always going to be stuck with cold meals.

But let’s all please not forget that DL is a “premium” airline.
Thanks for sharing. That’s absurd. Delta will have 155 A321neos within next few years. Let’s hope they fix this issue on new deliveries or else the no pre-select for domestic first class will affect a significant percentage of the fleet.
cmd320 likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2023, 2:33 pm

Programs: DL DM 1MM, Hertz PC, National EE, Bonvoy TE, GE, CLEAR
Originally Posted by sc001
Thanks for sharing. That’s absurd. Delta will have 155 A321neos within next few years. Let’s hope they fix this issue on new deliveries or else the no pre-select for domestic first class will affect a significant percentage of the fleet.
Is it in the FA contract that they can only fire up the oven one time per flight or only serve meals for X amount of time? I mean just load 20 meals and cook the last 4 after the first 16 are done, no?
cmd320 and awonderer like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.