Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Airbus 321N Experiences/Reports Thread

Delta Airbus 321N Experiences/Reports Thread

Old Nov 10, 2023, 10:12 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
I quite enjoy the new seats.
Old Nov 10, 2023, 10:24 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by flightmedic72
I just did two 5+ hour legs in the rows 3 and 4 window in the NEO. SEA - KOA and KOA - LAX
I'll be blunt! The New first class seats suck!
While the storage features are nice, they come at the price of reduced width seats that force you into an upright posture for the entire trip. The seats themselves are enclosed in plastic shells resembling a D1 seat that include privacy "wings" at head level that obstruct views out the window and effectively trap you in your seat when the passenger in front reclines. The lack of space also makes it impossible to use a laptop when the passenger in front reclines.
Accessing the aisle from the window seat requires that the row in front of you to bring their seats fully upright. I found the seats claustrophobic, the "memory foam" is thin and became very uncomfortable after about three hours. I could have felt this "squished" in main cabin for a lot less money!
Never been so happy to see the overstuffed, wide seats on my 738 connection to ANC
Come on Delta, you can do better than this!
More Pitch and more padding!
Completely agree! I have an upcoming A321neo from MSP-ANC in 3D and my back is already hurting just thinking about it.
BamaGirl and flightmedic72 like this.
Old Nov 11, 2023, 7:25 am

Programs: DL DM, Hilton Dia, Avis Pres Club
bring your own seat cushion, unless you enjoy sitting on rocks
ebayj and flightmedic72 like this.
Old Nov 11, 2023, 7:55 am

Programs: Delta, Hilton, Hertz
Originally Posted by Singleflyer
They should replace the office chair of whoever signed off on the seat purchase with these.
Old Nov 11, 2023, 8:20 am

Originally Posted by Singleflyer
Yes, the First Class seat is like sitting on a wooden board. It was a little better fully reclined, but still uncomfortable. I think the Coach seat I had on the return was more comfortable.

Between the uncomfortable seat/severe lack of seat padding in First, and the inability to pre-order a meal, it did not feel like a premium experience to me. The pod setup and mood lighting in First looks nice, though.
BamaGirl and flightmedic72 like this.
Old Nov 11, 2023, 4:07 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by GagaPilot
Completely agree! I have an upcoming A321neo from MSP-ANC in 3D and my back is already hurting just thinking about it.
Agree. Hated it last month. But #1 for me is just taking the bulkhead to find out you cant put your feet out as its so tight. And I am not tall.

And to me the seat bottom is worse than the seat back. My bottom hurt more than my back.

Cant stand this seat and will avoid it in the future. Although it shouldnt be too hard for me. DL miles on their own metal are a joke as far as price. I am using my last 73K DL miles for a China Airlines regional hop in J & then an AF J flight to DXB. Have no reason to fly DL again unless LAX-SEA as they are the best for that route.
BamaGirl likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2023, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by dmarge18
To answer my own question, 12A was perfectly fine. Great legroom for a bulkhead, and being at the window wasn't bothered by the lav like the aisle would be.
does it have a real window?
Old Dec 2, 2023, 9:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
Originally Posted by MadeiraSteph
does it have a real window?
See post 73.
Old Feb 2, 2024, 11:53 am

Programs: DL DM / 2MM - Marriott Ambassador
I flew 5A yesterday and it was fine. However, as mentioned above, 5CD are not great as people congregate for the LAV.

Flying BOS - SAN in a few weeks and currently have 14F in C+ but thinking of moving back to 20A for exit room space. I have not seen any comments on this row. Anyone care to share? Thanks!
Old Feb 2, 2024, 3:45 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Globalist
Flew on the 321N twice more in F this week, after a few months away from the seats. They were as uncomfortable as I remember on the bottom, though I like everything else about the equipment - the in-seat storage, the bluetooth IFE, the headrest adjustment/feel... even as a window seat guy, I don't mind the minor acrobatics to get out. Sincerely hope they're adjusting the seat cushioning before doing these new 737 retrofits.
Kerrirdh likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2024, 7:22 am

Programs: DL DM / 2MM - Marriott Ambassador
Anyone flown this plane in the exit rows?
Old Feb 20, 2024, 9:52 pm

Programs: Former DL DM and UA 1k, now a J class free agent (UA Gold, AS MVP Gold)
Have they ever rolled out Bluetooth to the economy cabin on these aircraft?
Old Feb 21, 2024, 7:34 am

Programs: Delta 360 and Two Million Miler, Air Canada 25k, Marriott Ambassador and Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by SEA-Flyer
Have they ever rolled out Bluetooth to the economy cabin on these aircraft?
I dont believe so. I flew Comfort+ on an A321neo last week and there was no Bluetooth option. Really would be great for them to roll it out throughout the aircraft.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.