Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DL continues to weaken operationally (Summer 2022 Meltdown)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DL continues to weaken operationally (Summer 2022 Meltdown)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2022, 9:01 am

Programs: Hilton Gold
8:10am flight out of ATL for MCI cancelled after I arrived at the airport. Every alternative flight didn't leave until tomorrow morning or after 9pm tonight. I was only going for one night for an event tonight so now I'm out hotel and event ticket costs.
Old Jun 18, 2022, 9:14 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Starwood Platinum
What the heck happened to this once great airline? I feel bad for the passengers on twitter who tweet Delta. It takes Delta almost 13 hours to respond to them based on what I saw yesterday. That is so unacceptable. You would figure Delta would up their game on social media especially on twitter but I guess not. Just continues to show that it's the passengers that really suffer. The execs still make tons of money.
Mhyduchak likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2022, 9:18 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA
Originally Posted by mikebor
What the heck happened to this once great airline? I feel bad for the passengers on twitter who tweet Delta. It takes Delta almost 13 hours to respond to them based on what I saw yesterday. That is so unacceptable. You would figure Delta would up their game on social media especially on twitter but I guess not. Just continues to show that it's the passengers that really suffer. The execs still make tons of money.
I doubt companies want Twitter to be the primary way to communicate with customers, so I wouldn't expect those reaction times to be all that quick.
emma dog and Adam1222 like this.
Old Jun 18, 2022, 9:29 am

Programs: Delta Death March, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott/Hilton Gold Life
Originally Posted by OnceARunner
8:10am flight out of ATL for MCI cancelled after I arrived at the airport. Every alternative flight didn't leave until tomorrow morning or after 9pm tonight. I was only going for one night for an event tonight so now I'm out hotel and event ticket costs.
apologies but this is why I buy travel insurance now. 100% of the time.
Allianz (linked to AXS upon purchase) paid out in six days. I flooded them with every weather report, flight cancellation, and event update I could find…
Old Jun 18, 2022, 9:31 am

Programs: Delta Death March, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott/Hilton Gold Life
Originally Posted by Goodoldflyer
I doubt companies want Twitter to be the primary way to communicate with customers, so I wouldn't expect those reaction times to be all that quick.
But it has become de facto for customer service and just about every nut job politician and activist (oh and hostile foreign nations!).
So here we are.
Old Jun 18, 2022, 9:50 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by lindros2
apologies but this is why I buy travel insurance now. 100% of the time.
Allianz (linked to AXS upon purchase) paid out in six days. I flooded them with every weather report, flight cancellation, and event update I could find…
I wonder if the airlines are hurting the viability of travel insurance.
Old Jun 18, 2022, 10:06 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Goodoldflyer
Tweeting "at" an airline isn't really a way to seek customer service. It's a way to make a public attempt to complain/shame. The amount of time to respond to people who "at" Twitter saying "there was rain and we were delayed 32 minutes UNACCEPTABLE NEVER FLYING DELTA AGAIN" isn't really a measure of anything
ijgordon likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2022, 10:42 am

Originally Posted by KDCAflyer
I wonder if the airlines are hurting the viability of travel insurance.
insurance companies are smart.
Old Jun 18, 2022, 11:08 am

Originally Posted by OnceARunner
Sorry to hear. I learned the hard way in a similar situation to fly in the night before the event.
kathykathy likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2022, 11:35 am

Originally Posted by Adelphos
They still have a better soft product on board and on the ground, but that’s it
Specifically in regards to the soft product, what’s better about Delta on a one hour flight as opposed to Southwest in main cabin? WN is still serving soft drinks, WN has free wifi connected to news/tv shows, WN still awards miles on lowest price tickets.

Is the Delta soft product better just because they aren’t Spirit? I’m confused because nothing jumps out at me to say Delta’s soft product in main cabin exceeds WN, UA, or AA.
Old Jun 18, 2022, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by dilbertsdaddy
Like most weeks, I had 4 flights this week. 3 of 4 had NO AIR CONDITIONING

The realiability issues are exacerbated by less options and poor handling during IROPS. In the old days, if you misconnected, you scanned your BP, got a new BP for the next flight, and went to the SkyClub for a couple hours. Now if you misconnect there are no options, and no attempt to reaccomdate you even if there are.
I was just on a flight yesterday with minimal AC on a packed 757. Pilot came on and said they only have one functioning air pak system so will be hot on the ground and take a while to cool off once in the air. Pilot was not happy about it and also said hes had several planes this week with air issues.
Old Jun 18, 2022, 12:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
Originally Posted by Beetles
Specifically in regards to the soft product, what’s better about Delta on a one hour flight as opposed to Southwest in main cabin? WN is still serving soft drinks, WN has free wifi connected to news/tv shows, WN still awards miles on lowest price tickets.

Is the Delta soft product better just because they aren’t Spirit? I’m confused because nothing jumps out at me to say Delta’s soft product in main cabin exceeds WN, UA, or AA.
Sorry, I think I was including club access when talking about “soft product.”
Old Jun 18, 2022, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
In the past during IROPs did DL just allocate all seats for rebooking on a first come, first served basis or was there higher priority for elites and those with higher fare classes? I suspect that there was a priority system which is now gone or at least now applies only to 360 customers.
Not entirely sure, however my experience with some of the cancellations and rebookings lead me to believe that there is a priority system and status is a definite factor in who is rebooked first into whats left for seats on flights.
Old Jun 18, 2022, 12:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by rylan
I was just on a flight yesterday with minimal AC on a packed 757. Pilot came on and said they only have one functioning air pak system so will be hot on the ground and take a while to cool off once in the air. Pilot was not happy about it and also said hes had several planes this week with air issues.
I had a similar experience on a 717 recently. The ground AC hookup was busted, and the plane didn't cool down until after takeoff.

I wonder if DL also let a bunch of their airport infrastructure go (although IDK if a jet bridge's ground hookup would be under their control or the airport's).
Old Jun 18, 2022, 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by Adelphos
Sorry, I think I was including club access when talking about “soft product.”
Lets focus on what a majority of the flying public experiences; which is main cabin. What specifically makes Delta’s main cabin soft product better than WN, AA, UA?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.