Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DL continues to weaken operationally (Summer 2022 Meltdown)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DL continues to weaken operationally (Summer 2022 Meltdown)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2022, 5:08 pm

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
Originally Posted by drminn
My experience with various airlines is that it speeds up the response time. I haven't had to do it with Delta though.
delta responds within days to the faa, but the faa may take a while to process the initial request
Old Aug 22, 2022, 8:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
My flight tonight got delayed by weather and then went mechanical.

New arrival time into ATL: 3AM.

No thanks. I had my ticket endorsed for the United nonstop in the morning. It's days like this that make me never want to book the last flight of the day ever again.
Old Aug 22, 2022, 8:43 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by KDCAflyer
My flight tonight got delayed by weather and then went mechanical.

New arrival time into ATL: 3AM.

No thanks. I had my ticket endorsed for the United nonstop in the morning. It's days like this that make me never want to book the last flight of the day ever again.
Hopefully UA will recover for tomorrow, as it is having a far worse go than Delta today, as EWR is a mess. August in the Northeast doesn't discriminate based on airline. (of the big 3, DL was least "meltdown" today)
Old Aug 22, 2022, 8:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Adam1222
Hopefully UA will recover for tomorrow, as it is having a far worse go than Delta today, as EWR is a mess. August in the Northeast doesn't discriminate based on airline. (of the big 3, DL was least "meltdown" today)
It's an RON headed to IAD tomorrow, so hopefully it'll be fine.
Old Aug 24, 2022, 2:21 pm

Programs: $9 Fare Club
Despite the sneery takes above, I'm on your side WileEone , its very nickel and dimey of Delta not to refund the full amount for an expense you're incurring because of their issues. It'd leave a sour taste too.

The CARES Act really missed a trick not having the airlines sign up to even a diluted version of EU-261, there's just no protection for the consumer out there.
cmd320 and IndyHoosier like this.
Old Aug 24, 2022, 7:05 pm

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
So with all of Delta's issues will they lower their pricing to be on par with the competition or will they still continue to charge a premium? At the moment I still see prices higher than AA/ UA on most routes. Unsure how much better DL service is these days.
BigFishDave likes this.
Old Aug 25, 2022, 2:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by troyintn
So with all of Delta's issues will they lower their pricing to be on par with the competition or will they still continue to charge a premium? At the moment I still see prices higher than AA/ UA on most routes. Unsure how much better DL service is these days.
They will charge as much as the market will bear. Their operational performance is better than the competition, so it's not unreasonable for their prices to be higher.
BTW, there are tens or hundreds of thousands of routes that DL flies, I somehow doubt you've checked the pricing on "most".
Old Aug 26, 2022, 1:51 pm

Programs: DL PM, BA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Radisson Premium, Global Entry, CLEAR
People including myself are still paying a premium to fly Delta over the competition, sure they’re not perfect and especially back in June their ops sucked but with their 100 flight cut that’s classified as a schedule change, not cancelations, they’ve been far more reliable than everyone else unlike United for example who just throws their hands up acting like they’re not doing anything wrong and that it’s all the FAA’s fault while they had the most delays and cancels over the 4th of July weekend for example and no ATC or weather issues. In my opinion, Delta is still miles ahead of the competition in the US while also being by far the most convenient for me so I’ll keep flying them even if it costs more.
atldiamond likes this.
Old Oct 15, 2022, 7:16 pm

Programs: DL PM, BA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Radisson Premium, Global Entry, CLEAR
For those who remember, had an absolute nightmare flight trying to from JAX-YYZ back in June. None of it was Delta’s fault and all employees I encountered handled the situation very well. I wrote in complimenting the employees while describing the experience and they just now got back to me and gave me a $500 credit. Wasn’t even filing a complaint but A+ on customer service there!
rizrizriz and Mhyduchak like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.