Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PDBs are back! (JUNE 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2022, 6:49 pm

Programs: DL DM; DL AMEX Reserve; HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by ND76
For me, other than the wider seat, PDBs were the best part of FC. I'd have a drink and then sleep the rest of the flight.

Also, the service I received on regional jets today in F (SLC-LGA-CLE) was better than the service I've received on Delta mainline jets since the pandemic began.

I'm too old to switch airlines now. I hope Delta improves its service.
Is SLC-LGA possible?
Minnyappleus likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2022, 7:23 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by xliioper
Definitely think it's time to bring back PDBs, but it looks like AA/UA PDB service right now is pretty hit-and-miss. PDB back! On my flight at least.
If they are going to bring it back, it should really be uniform and not up to whether or not crew feels like it.
Agreed. I flew AA recently and I didn't get a PDB on neither flights from JAX to STI but did get a PBD on my way back from SDQ to JAX this past Monday.
Old Mar 18, 2022, 8:34 am

Programs: Delta
Originally Posted by The Situation
It may be your experience that is the anomaly. I was about 40 segments last year and 10 this year. I have yet to see a second pass of the snack basket on any duration of flight and frequently it has not been catered. The quality of service on mainline flights has been extremely inconsistent. Had a few amazing crews, but mostly crews that chat in the galley. Regional jet crews are much improved and consistently good. I have been wondering if some of the CP FAs now work for OO given the improvements and consistency in OO service.
Regional flight yesterday (ATL-ABE), the service was excellent. Twice through for beverages, twice through with the basket. Flight attendant received numerous compliments when folks were deplaning.
Old Mar 18, 2022, 12:59 pm

I get a glass of water or oj on aeromexico.
Old Mar 20, 2022, 1:33 pm

Location: LAS - where you can get married and divorced in the same 24 hour period. Perfect for the woman who's saving herself for marriage and the man who wants a one night stand.
Programs: DL DM, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, UA, AA, AS, WN kettle, Hertz PC
It is really a cost cutting measure based on increasing profit. When pressed DL (and other companies) blame:

COVID
Biden
Supply Chain
Trump
Fuel Costs
Labor staffing

And if the BS dial is turned up to 11 - customer preference.

But it is really like when the magazines were removed from the seat pockets because it saved X gallons of fuel a year.
Old Mar 20, 2022, 4:09 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, AA EXP, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by puddinhead
It is really a cost cutting measure based on increasing profit. When pressed DL (and other companies) blame:

COVID
Biden
Supply Chain
Trump
Fuel Costs
Labor staffing

And if the BS dial is turned up to 11 - customer preference.

But it is really like when the magazines were removed from the seat pockets because it saved X gallons of fuel a year.
If DL is truly guilty of using Trump as an excuse for their lack of service like PDB’s they deserved to be publicly shamed. They had no problem serving PDB’s for 80% of Trump’s Presidency, why blame him now?
Old Mar 20, 2022, 4:55 pm

Programs: DL DM, MARRIOTT AMBASSADOR LIFETIME TITANIUM
I agree the OP can complain. When you have status with an airline you don't want to change, you want the airline to offer services. Hanging coats seems to be up to flight attendant. Sometimes they hang and sometimes they don't. They should always hang. I get tired of my suit coat being crammed in overhead and ends up wrinkled. Some of you don't care but I do. Last week I had a flight attendant going through first class with a garbage bag. She was rattling the bag to get people's attention to throw garbage in the bag. I thought wow have things changed. I agree some need retrained. I am diamond and I want Delta to improve. Not have someone on flyertalk tell me I can go to another airline. Good job OP!
susanc, NoCRJ, cmd320 and 4 others like this.
Old Mar 20, 2022, 5:23 pm
Original Member

Programs: DL 3 MM/DM, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, National Exec Elite
AA has always been hit or miss, mostly miss, on the PDB.

The PDB was always a consistent element of the Delta F experience. For the life of me, I don't understand why it has not made a return.

However, my experience the last couple of months is that jackets are being gladly hung.

I do wonder, with all the COVID-related retirements and new hires, if a substantial amount of retraining will be required.
Minnyappleus likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2022, 11:07 am

Delta Pre Departure Beverage Service

Anyone know if Delta has brought back domestic FC Pre Departure beverages? Or know when they will??
Old Apr 1, 2022, 11:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
DL318 BOS-SEA (75S sold as domestic F) last Fri (24 Mar) -- FAs offered choice of prosecco, orange juice, or a mix
Old Apr 1, 2022, 11:18 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Gold, Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by jrl767
DL318 BOS-SEA (75S sold as domestic F) last Fri (24 Mar) -- FAs offered choice of prosecco, orange juice, or a mix
I have not had it on any of my flights this year. All are <900 miles though.
Old Apr 1, 2022, 6:56 pm

Programs: communist, liberal and love Campbell's Cream of Chicken Soup
FC flights in last month
SLC>ATL no
JFK>SLC no (2x)
SLC>AMS sparkling wine, OJ but was D1

it's still a great time to chill in SC and board last (but not have to be paged...)
Old Apr 2, 2022, 1:59 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
I feel PDB are solely based on the FA,s … on my AA travels this year .. it’s been 2/10 .. and it’s not as if there was not anytime .. sure it’s common amongst all the airlines
Old Apr 2, 2022, 9:27 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA Gold/1MM, AS MVP 100K, AA Gold
On about 15 flights in 2022, everyone had a bottle of water waiting at the seat but no offer of PDB on any. Delta is falling behind United on that for sure. I did have an excellent hot dinner on LGA-IAH last week though. (Choice of short ribs, Moroccan chicken, or impossible meatball)
Old Apr 13, 2022, 3:23 pm

Programs: AA PLT 3MM, DL PM 2MM
Any News of PDB

Flew UA....50%

How's Delta?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.