Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! (2022 - Forward)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! (2022 - Forward)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2022, 12:59 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Mellow greetings from the LAX T2 SkyClub. Returning home from California on what seems to be a huge travel day.

My first time in Delta’s new head house at LAX and overall it is very nice. As always I appreciate the free Clear service.

But the new SkyClub. Oh golly, I think that that an elementary school letting out for the summer would be calmer and less raucous.. The club is quite full, though they are not limiting admissions. Kids running loose everywhere, furniture rearranged Willy hilly, folks sleeping on furniture (can’t imagine how they managed to doze off.) I think the gate area for my flight will be more tranquil.

It’s a great Club and quite large, and I really like that they have a soda stream machine. Tons of good food on the buffet. Maybe i just hit on a super crazy day.

So kicking back at T2 before riding up front on the 763 to Atlanta. Delta extracted another GUC from me, as up front seats dwindled down to a solitary available seat. I guess the wait listed RUC would have gotten me to be first loser as has happened a lot in the past. It may have caused me to miss out on a chance at a five day upgrade, so I may not bother to waitlist an RUC for future trips.

Now I have one GUC left for at least two trips. RUC availability is stingier than pre-COVID, and Delta FC prices are through the roof. I may contemplate AA for at least the second trip (to Alaska).

Have a great weekend!

David
Old Jul 23, 2022, 1:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Saturday morning used to be a quiet time at airports and a cheap time to fly. Upgrades were relatively easy at such leisure-oriented travel times. Sigh. (Loose children should be captured and placed in soundproof rooms. Better yet, put the parents into the room with them and take away all devices, headphones, and ear plugs.)

BTW, for any lounge lizards going near Long Island--or more generally the east coast--this summer, watch out for sharks and don't become a meal or even a snack.
Old Jul 23, 2022, 2:18 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Day two of our ride is complete. Today was a relatively easy day and absolutely beautiful along the Rhein. I have no idea how many castles we passed. Thank you SuperG for supporting the kids!

Old Jul 23, 2022, 3:57 pm

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...

Troegs Brewing

Victory Monkeyfest Winnings

Victory Brewing
GRALISTAIR, GW McLintock and Zorak like this.
Old Jul 23, 2022, 6:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Buddy’s intro to paddleboarding

Old Jul 23, 2022, 6:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by kipper

Troegs Brewing

Victory Monkeyfest Winnings

Victory Brewing

I went to Con Alma today, what a great place. Great beer around here, went to Cinderlands yesterday.

Apart from that, the Burgh downtown is kind of a dump, I should've stayed in a different part of town.
Old Jul 23, 2022, 8:41 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Buddy:
1. What's my young man doing?
2. I'm not sure I like this and it's rather boring.
3. I'd rather swim.
Old Jul 23, 2022, 9:12 pm

Originally Posted by Smiley90
I went to Con Alma today, what a great place. Great beer around here, went to Cinderlands yesterday.

Apart from that, the Burgh downtown is kind of a dump, I should've stayed in a different part of town.
I was disappointed in Cinderlands when I was there, because their selection was lacking.

Tonight's adventure: checking out the new South County location, which is gorgeous.

851 Helles

First Mark, a dark mild
Zorak likes this.
Old Jul 23, 2022, 9:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
I just made cinnamon sugar muffins for tomorrow.

-J.
Zorak likes this.
Old Jul 23, 2022, 9:24 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by GW McLintock
I just made cinnamon sugar muffins for tomorrow.
I hope you made enough for the entire Lounge.
Old Jul 23, 2022, 9:27 pm

I bought some mini cinnamon rolls today. They're very good (made in the bakery department of my grocery store), and no, I haven't eaten them yet, I just know them from previous purchases. I might buy more toward the middle of next week while they're still on sale. I had a surprisingly productive errands and shopping trip late this afternoon, after hot humid stuff followed by some very strong rain storms.
Old Jul 24, 2022, 6:15 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Saturday morning used to be a quiet time at airports and a cheap time to fly. Upgrades were relatively easy at such leisure-oriented travel times. Sigh. (Loose children should be captured and placed in soundproof rooms. Better yet, put the parents into the room with them and take away all devices, headphones, and ear plugs.)
In very heavy leisure destinations, Saturday is often when the condos and AirBnBs and such that rent by the week turn over. Not only will I never find a decently priced Saturday flight out of VPS during beach season, you also don’t go to a beachside grocery store on Saturdays either because once the tourists check in, they immediately go get supplies. And then there’s the Saturday toll bridge to the beach back up- my metric is that normally it’s 12 minutes from my house to the Whole Foods on the other side of the bridge, and that expands to 40-60 minutes on summer Saturdays when both the drive-in tourists and the ones coming from the airport are all trying to make it into Destin or points eastward.
Old Jul 24, 2022, 6:25 am

Originally Posted by beachmouse
In very heavy leisure destinations, Saturday is often when the condos and AirBnBs and such that rent by the week turn over. Not only will I never find a decently priced Saturday flight out of VPS during beach season, you also don’t go to a beachside grocery store on Saturdays either because once the tourists check in, they immediately go get supplies. And then there’s the Saturday toll bridge to the beach back up- my metric is that normally it’s 12 minutes from my house to the Whole Foods on the other side of the bridge, and that expands to 40-60 minutes on summer Saturdays when both the drive-in tourists and the ones coming from the airport are all trying to make it into Destin or points eastward.
One of the reasons I do not miss living near Virginia Beach. Going anywhere on weekends was ridiculous.
Old Jul 24, 2022, 7:04 am

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Originally Posted by jrl767
Buddy’s intro to paddleboarding

Has he learned to pull the paddle board to save JRLson from overexerting himself.

Buddy should be good at dog paddling!
Old Jul 24, 2022, 7:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by Zorak
I hope you made enough for the entire Lounge.
I made 13 (I guess you could say a baker's dozen), so that should be enough for everyone to have one. You know where to get them (at least you do!).

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I bought some mini cinnamon rolls today. They're very good (made in the bakery department of my grocery store), and no, I haven't eaten them yet, I just know them from previous purchases. I might buy more toward the middle of next week while they're still on sale. I had a surprisingly productive errands and shopping trip late this afternoon, after hot humid stuff followed by some very strong rain storms.
That just gave me the idea to put icing on the muffins, but the last time I did something with icing (peanut butter cookies with chocolate icing), the icing melted and got everywhere (despite me freezing the cookies overnight and keeping them refrigerated until I left).

-J.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.