Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! (2022 - Forward)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! (2022 - Forward)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2022, 4:06 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA Gold (*G), DL Silver, Makers Mark Ambassador
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I might be tempted to try their PE product on a daytime flight if it were still possible to order and pay for an upgraded meal. At one point, they were offering duck breast under this system, with nice other courses to go with it.
I'd gladly fly PE on a daytime flight from Europe. Especially if the price difference was drastic. The most important thing to me flying is having a lie-flat so I can sleep on the overnight flights.
Old Jul 25, 2022, 4:58 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, Hilton Honors, Amtrak Guest Rewards
Originally Posted by kipper
A dill pickle gose? That sounds unique.
I remember Sam Adams doing a cucumber gose about 8-10 years ago.
Old Jul 25, 2022, 5:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by hhdl
I somehow missed that one.
Old Jul 25, 2022, 5:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Really? And what was Thomas Jefferson drinking?
Zorak and hhdl like this.
Old Jul 25, 2022, 6:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
met up with ATOBTTR at Wandering Griffin in Dayton this evening

“Czech 6” pilsner and “Hazy Griffin” IPA; we had previously enjoyed the “WG Dunkel” and the “Don’t Worry Be Hippie” IPA

navi_jen, fsuj25 and Zorak like this.
Old Jul 25, 2022, 6:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
I somehow missed that one.
Originally Posted by MikeMpls
Really? And what was Thomas Jefferson drinking?
just gose to show that she wasn’t a history major?
Zorak and hhdl like this.
Old Jul 25, 2022, 6:53 pm

Programs: AARP, DL Skymiles, Marriot Bonvoy, Moe's Rewards
Originally Posted by mattp1987
If you’re staying where I think you’re staying based on your earlier comment, Salty Duck beer bar and Props brewery (original location) are both in easy walking distance. It looks like a couple other beer bars have gone in close by as well since I left 8 years ago.
I am indeed staying in that side of town. There’s a new Marriott property where Beal Pkwy dead ends. I’m hoping to make it my home in FWB but this week I’ll be staying near Cinco Bayou for a better value. For the savings I’ll drive the 10 minutes.

I saw a Props brewery near Lovejoy but that was while they were showing me the areas not to go. This one is a lot closer.

Thanks for the recommendations!

Originally Posted by beachmouse;[url=tel:34456159
34456159]Also for Ft Walton Beach- Stewby’s for shrimp if you like that. We used to eat at them a bunch when we were on that side of town for some reason- the fish can be a bit hit or miss given how they try to keep prices lower by using as much of the fish as possible but I’ve always had good luck with the shrimp.
I will add this to my list. Thanks!

Originally Posted by Zorak;[url=tel:34457219
34457219]... I mean the catering and service were fantastic, so given a choice I would still probably prefer to gamble on AF delivering the cabin layout it sells at booking, though it does seem like D1 food is getting better.
Good catering and good service can make a lot of things more bearable.
Old Jul 25, 2022, 7:21 pm

Originally Posted by jrl767
met up with ATOBTTR at Wandering Griffin in Dayton this evening
“Czech 6” pilsner and “Hazy Griffin” IPA; we had previously enjoyed the “WG Dunkel” and the “Don’t Worry Be Hippie” IPA
How was the Czech pilsner?
Originally Posted by jrl767
just gose to show that she wasn’t a history major?
Groan!
fsuj25 likes this.
Old Jul 25, 2022, 7:35 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by fsuj25
I am indeed staying in that side of town. There’s a new Marriott property where Beal Pkwy dead ends. I’m hoping to make it my home in FWB but this week I’ll be staying near Cinco Bayou for a better value. For the savings I’ll drive the 10 minutes.

I saw a Props brewery near Lovejoy but that was while they were showing me the areas not to go. This one is a lot closer.
Both of those are way better than the other condo complex where Herbie interests used to frequently stick short term contractors.

I used to have a job that took me to the Lovejoy area during daylight hours. It was not like bad side of Chicago bad, but I can remember the parking lot of the community center where I used to have to stop during the day ending up being the scene of a night time double murder not too long after I left that job.

Downtown FWB hasn’t really been my area for a while but IRC, the original Props is kind of tucked into the strip mall next to the Publix there and Maas coffee was also pretty good.
fsuj25 likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 7:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
How was the Czech pilsner?
It was decent but I honestly enjoyed Dunkel more***. I did say to jrl767 that I bet kipper would be all over the Czech Pilsner haha!
***I admit my opinion may not be the best to go off of as I am generally not a "beer person", usually preferring wine or liquor/cocktail. But I really did enjoy the Dunkel.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 7:58 am

Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
It was decent but I honestly enjoyed Dunkel more***. I did say to jrl767 that I bet kipper would be all over the Czech Pilsner haha!
***I admit my opinion may not be the best to go off of as I am generally not a "beer person", usually preferring wine or liquor/cocktail. But I really did enjoy the Dunkel.
I would probably enjoy the dunkel as well.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 8:35 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
I would probably enjoy the dunkel as well.
Mmm I had a dunkel with lunch today.
ATOBTTR likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by mattp1987
Mmm I had a dunkel with lunch today.
I'm jealous. Although, because I work from home, there's probably no one who would tell me I can't drink at lunch.

I do have a meeting at 2 PM, so I should behave today.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
I have been in meetings since 9am and I am more than ready to start misbehaving

-J.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 2:03 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
I'm jealous. Although, because I work from home, there's probably no one who would tell me I can't drink at lunch.

I do have a meeting at 2 PM, so I should behave today.
Today was my first day of parental leave, so we went to the farmer’s market and walked around downtown before ending up at the brewery. It’s really more of a typical European people-watching cafe by the market during the day, but they still serve their own beers of course.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.