Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! (2022 - Forward)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! (2022 - Forward)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2022, 3:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
I am now once again between projects at work (though not for long). This calls for a celebration, I guess.

-J.
Old Jul 29, 2022, 3:03 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
The trains are going to become even more important with the coming reductions of short flights.

We use them a lot. If we can't get a nonrev flight to our preferred destination we can almost always get one to AMS, MXP or other main rail hub. Then, with our Senior discounts, it's an easy and less expensive trip to where we want to go. It;s not the €9 fare but it is usually a decent price.
Old Jul 30, 2022, 6:00 am

Delta Lounges DTW

I have to hang out in DTW for 4 hours before an international flight to AMS, A terminal departure. There are several Sky Clubs available to utilize. Any recommendations? Thanks
Old Jul 30, 2022, 6:12 am

Programs: In 2023? Does it matter? SPG/Marriott: Plat; DL: Plat; B6: Mosaic
Originally Posted by mattp1987
Happy Friyay! Today was babyp‘s second train trip. We came to a city on the German wine street and had a late lunch at a restaurant we visited on our first trip here almost a year ago (probably about 50 weeks ago) at the end of a bike ride. Now we’re off to one of the several villages in the area where the actual wineries are located.
Enjoy it while it lasts....the sleep/eat/poop stage only lasts for about 6 months

Can't figure out a good segue, so random cut. After a rough week with the MomDocs, took yesterday off as a mental health day. Happy to report that my deck is now skunkproofed and today will be spent staining the handrails (and planting flowers alongside the deck). Next dry spell (supposed to rain Monday) I'll finish up staining the deckboards...and the deck will be donedonedone and I can break out the entire set of lawn furniture (and big axx umbrella).

Also, awaiting the estimates for the slate roof repair and cutting down of 6 trees (5 of which are way too close to the house and garage, 1 is a dying locust will be replaced by a row of pines to block the view of the neighbors). Gonna be an expensive fall...but that should be the end of the 'new house heavy lifting'. Thank goodness.
Old Jul 30, 2022, 7:03 am

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Originally Posted by Duxy
I have to hang out in DTW for 4 hours before an international flight to AMS, A terminal departure. There are several Sky Clubs available to utilize. Any recommendations? Thanks
I haven't been to the DTW Clubs i a few years but I'd stick with the 2 central clubs at the entrance to Terminal A. If there aren't lines, try both. The Club at A43 has showers.
Unless things have changed the Int'l departure gates are close to either club.
Old Jul 30, 2022, 8:16 am

Programs: AARP, DL Skymiles, Marriot Bonvoy, Moe's Rewards
Originally Posted by mattp1987
That looks delicious! Unfortunately I can’t find the tapas restaurant where we ate on that trip. It was recommended by the concierge at Circulo Gran Via, but I must have deleted the email.

We haven’t done as much intra-Schengen travel as I’d hoped due to Mrs. P being pregnant and now having an infant but even still I managed to visit Italy, Poland, UK, Belgium, Portugal, Spain, and France. Mrs. P missed Belgium and Poland since those were work trips, but she’ll be accompanying me on a work trip to Portugal at the end of the summer. Our UK trips were separate since we each went individually for work, and I also had a couple trips to Italy in addition to our one weekend there together.

This summer the 9 Euro ticket within Germany is the way to go. I’ll be sad to go back to paying regular train fares when that deal ends.
The concierge from the Circulo Gran Via sent me here for paella. It was a cool little spot and I really enjoyed a paella with rabbit. https://g.page/restaurantemarinaventura?share

I had callos somewhere near the hotel right on the Gran Via that were very good. I will have to look for that churros and hot chocolate spot next time I'm there.
navi_jen likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2022, 11:31 am

Originally Posted by fsuj25
The concierge from the Circulo Gran Via sent me here for paella. It was a cool little spot and I really enjoyed a paella with rabbit. https://g.page/restaurantemarinaventura?share

I had callos somewhere near the hotel right on the Gran Via that were very good. I will have to look for that churros and hot chocolate spot next time I'm there.
https://chocolateriasangines.com/

It took us 2 days to walk from Sol to the Cathedral and Palace. We occasionally got to walk more that\n 2 minutes before stopping at another cafe/shop/other interesting place. It took us over 3 hours just to explore Mercado de San Miguel and sample the foods and drinks that were for sale.
fsuj25 likes this.

Last edited by SuperG1955; Jul 30, 2022 at 11:55 am
Old Jul 30, 2022, 11:44 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by SuperG1955

The chocolate is unfortunately out of the photo to the right
navi_jen, fsuj25 and Zorak like this.
Old Jul 30, 2022, 7:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Let's not squabble over whether having a guest for dinner means that they're seated at the table or plated on the table.
To place or to plate?
That is the question.
Old Jul 30, 2022, 9:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
yes, they are
Old Jul 31, 2022, 10:46 am

Originally Posted by MikeMpls
To place or to plate?
That is the question.
I have MANY follow-ons but any of them would be my final FT posts - even on OMNI.

I was a little surprised that no one bird dogged the SQUABble. Too subtle?
Old Jul 31, 2022, 11:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I have MANY follow-ons but any of them would be my final FT posts - even on OMNI.

Nevertheless, I'm glad to learn that when you have someone over for dinner, it doesn't necessarily mean that you turned them over while cooking, before putting them on the plate.
Old Jul 31, 2022, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
thinking this will make some good HH material

oh, I got it; repartee just wasn’t high on my list yesterday

btw, this could be seen as “trolling for groans” which is generally frowned upon
Old Jul 31, 2022, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
To drink, perchance to eat a penguin stew,
Lest we be shuffled off this pilser coil.

Nope, too obvious.
Old Jul 31, 2022, 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Nevertheless, I'm glad to learn that when you have someone over for dinner, it doesn't necessarily mean that you turned them over while cooking, before putting them on the plate.
Originally Posted by jrl767
thinking this will make some good HH material

oh, I got it; repartee just wasn’t high on my list yesterday

btw, this could be seen as “trolling for groans” which is generally frowned upon
MSP opened the door for one of my favorite comments - definitely far past FT bounds.

JRL - HH this coming week is out. We'll be at Fire Island with our friends from Spain and I'll be grilling dinner while HH is on. The following week is fair game.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.