Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! (2022 - Forward)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! (2022 - Forward)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2022, 12:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
⚽️ US v England match will occupy ~2 hrs on Fri starting at 1100PST (1300CST, 1400EST)

I *might* be able to join ~1000PST, although there may be some local interest in watching Netherlands v Ecuador at 0800PST
Old Nov 23, 2022, 9:16 am

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
We now have a Black Friday lunch so I'll be unavailable from 11AM CST until whenever. The last lunch with these friends started at noon and ended at 9 PM. We hit 6 bars for after lunch drinks. I'm sure this will be the same. She's a local bar owner and will want to stop and wish some of her friends a Happy Thanksgiving. It a good thing that we can walk (stagger) from place to place.

My backup HH Zoom session will be open and available even if I'm not so feel free to use it. I believe that most of you have the link.
wakesetter93 likes this.
Old Nov 23, 2022, 9:56 am

Programs: DL 2 MM
What the heck?

I keep waiting for MSPeconomist's epic 100,000th post - and now I see her post count actually went DOWN by 2?

How'd that happen?
Old Nov 23, 2022, 12:46 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
I thought the plan was for tonight in lieu of the normal Thorsday HH. Friday is unlikely for me since I’m meeting some friends for the US match and also switching locations from my in-laws’ place to my parents’ house that day.

Another crazy upset in the WC this morning!
Old Nov 23, 2022, 12:55 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Originally Posted by TommyD2
What the heck?

I keep waiting for MSPeconomist's epic 100,000th post - and now I see her post count actually went DOWN by 2?

How'd that happen?
The Mods probably had the Arizona Ninja's do a manual recount of her texts. 🤣😏
TommyD2 and jrl767 like this.
Old Nov 23, 2022, 12:58 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by superg1955
the mods probably had the arizona ninja's do a manual recount of her texts. 🤣😏
STOP THE COUNT!

edit: FT won’t let me type in all caps. It switched to all lowercase.

Second edit: seems to work as long as that’s not the entire post

Last edited by mattp1987; Nov 23, 2022 at 1:12 pm
Old Nov 23, 2022, 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by mattp1987
I thought the plan was for tonight in lieu of the normal Thorsday HH. Friday is unlikely for me since I’m meeting some friends for the US match and also switching locations from my in-laws’ place to my parents’ house that day.

Another crazy upset in the WC this morning!
You expect plans from this group that don't involve meeting in a brewery?

I think that Germany will declare a national day of mourning.

Spain, on the other hand, never stopped and even scored in extra time.
Old Nov 23, 2022, 1:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
I'll probably set up a Zoom whenever I get to the airport and through security this evening (assuming I can find a place to sit).

It got very sunny for a while, so I was hoping to go outside when I reached a stopping point with work. Now that I've reached said stopping point, it is super cloudy again

-J.
Old Nov 23, 2022, 2:00 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by GW McLintock
I'll probably set up a Zoom whenever I get to the airport and through security this evening (assuming I can find a place to sit).
I'm meeting someone for dinner, west coast time, but earlier in the afternoon would work for me -- when do you guesstimate you'll be through security?
Old Nov 23, 2022, 2:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Canada played *really* well but couldn’t finish; Belgium took advantage of their first chance
in the first half, and in all honesty really didn’t have many in the second half either

they call it “the beautiful game” but it can also be really cruel
Old Nov 23, 2022, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by Zorak
I'm meeting someone for dinner, west coast time, but earlier in the afternoon would work for me -- when do you guesstimate you'll be through security?
I honestly have no idea -- this is MCO the day before Thanksgiving so I'm preparing for the worst. I'm not as concerned about TSA as I am about physically getting to the airport, but I'm hoping to be situated at the gate or similar around 1830 ET.

-J.
Old Nov 23, 2022, 2:13 pm

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by GW McLintock
I honestly have no idea -- this is MCO the day before Thanksgiving so I'm preparing for the worst. I'm not as concerned about TSA as I am about physically getting to the airport, but I'm hoping to be situated at the gate or similar around 1830 ET.
Works for me.

STOP THE COUNT!

edit: FT won’t let me type in all caps. It switched to all lowercase.

Second edit: seems to work as long as that’s not the entire post
The amusing thing here is that FT also lower-cased SuperG's handle in the quote box
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Nov 23, 2022, 2:27 pm

Remember, my Zoom backup is ready to go at anytime. I should be home from picking up tomorrow's dinner at the market by 7:30 CST and will check to see if it's active.
Old Nov 23, 2022, 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by Zorak
Works for me.

The amusing thing here is that FT also lower-cased SuperG's handle in the quote box
I guess FT knows that my mind is in the gutter.
Old Nov 23, 2022, 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by SuperG1955
Remember, my Zoom backup is ready to go at anytime. I should be home from picking up tomorrow's dinner at the market by 7:30 CST and will check to see if it's active.
I have no conflicts today, let's use the usual link.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.