Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! (2022 - Forward)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! (2022 - Forward)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2022, 7:16 am

Programs: In 2023? Does it matter? SPG/Marriott: Plat; DL: Plat; B6: Mosaic
I spent Veteran's Day in honor of my Dad. Cooked a traditional Hungarian Chicken Paprikash (took a while to find good sweet Paprika) and watched 'A River Runs thru It'...given the stern authoritarian father, chick flies to the coup, outdoors and focus on fishing...seemed like the right movie to watch.

Cool and cloudy weekend here, think it's time to start cleaning/organizing the inside of the house. And maybe cook a 40 clove of garlic soup.

Oh and ATOBTTR , I'm wholly disappointed with the World Market up here. I was expecting a massive spread (like the one near West Chester) and the one up here is barely bigger than a CVS. Me sad.
Old Nov 12, 2022, 10:16 am

Programs: riding the lifetime status. DL MM / AA MM
Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
Why the hate for the E175? I love it. No middle seats. Bins that can accommodate a rollaboard. Solo F seats. 1A (as it looks like you have) is one of the best seats out there. Give me an E-175 over a 737-900 any day!
E175 this morning. 850a departure. Maintenance issue. Problem solved 925ish. Skywest and contract maintenance company fight over paperwork until noon.

Like the 175, but also like flying Delta Air Lines.
Old Nov 12, 2022, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
OO operates E75s for Alaska, Delta, and United; contract maintenance is an integral part of any airline’s operation … that situation could have happened pretty much anywhere
Old Nov 12, 2022, 10:59 am

Programs: Delta Platinum Reserve
We spent Veteran’s Day at the National WWII Museum and had the chance to speak with some very interesting Veterans. Also saw some lovely NOLA architecture.

Old Nov 12, 2022, 11:08 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Passing through LAX this morning

catmndu, fsuj25 and ATOBTTR like this.
Old Nov 12, 2022, 12:01 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by LadyWrites
We spent Veteran’s Day at the National WWII Museum and had the chance to speak with some very interesting Veterans. Also saw some lovely NOLA architecture.
I love that museum! I think I’ve been 3 times now. That house also looks incredibly similar to one I’ve seen before. I could be convinced I’d consumed a mimosa on that balcony.
SuperG1955 and jrl767 like this.
Old Nov 12, 2022, 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by Zorak
Am I seeing things or did the Coast Guard make it while the Space Force was left out? That seems like quite an oversight considering Space Systems Command is within eyesight of the airport. Actually I’m surprised it’s still LAAFB and not LASFB considering it’s now run by a Space Force Delta rather than an Air Force Wing.
Old Nov 12, 2022, 12:55 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Originally Posted by Seat1A
E175 this morning. 850a departure. Maintenance issue. Problem solved 925ish. Skywest and contract maintenance company fight over paperwork until noon.

Like the 175, but also like flying Delta Air Lines.
I guess I'm lucky. My last trips on a CRJ were 4 years ago (9/11/18 - 9-13/18) LGA-YUL-LGA. No choice since that's all DL uses on that route. I've since switched to driving since the door-to-door time is about the same and the cost difference is immense with airfare for 2 and rental car vs. gas and tolls. We also don't have to put up with DL's crappy gate situation. Also, since we both have NEXUS, There are usually no delays at the border.

It's my understanding that the Embraers are a maintenance nightmare.
Old Nov 12, 2022, 1:03 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Originally Posted by Zorak

The Air Force flag looks more like something for a Disney facility with Donald Duck peering out of the fold.
Old Nov 12, 2022, 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by LadyWrites

Glad you're having an enjoyable trip. Sorry I'm out of town and couldn't meet up with you.
LadyWrites likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2022, 3:52 pm

Programs: riding the lifetime status. DL MM / AA MM
Originally Posted by jrl767
OO operates E75s for Alaska, Delta, and United; contract maintenance is an integral part of any airline’s operation … that situation could have happened pretty much anywhere
At outstations maaaaaybe? I was at BOS. (And 2.5 hours for paperwork after the problem is fixed? How does that ever make sense?)
Old Nov 13, 2022, 8:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by mattp1987
We spent Veterans Day visiting a zoo and a Christmas market. We’re celebrating SATurday at another Christmas market. I need to workout before we go so that I’ll be hungry because it’s in Essen.
Because it is in food?
Old Nov 13, 2022, 9:34 am

Programs: In 2023? Does it matter? SPG/Marriott: Plat; DL: Plat; B6: Mosaic
Well I think my oven's control board crapped the bed yesterday. It's been an expensive fall (and no Zorak? No need to pull out your book to remind me). At least I still have a functioning cook top and a countertop oven....

And i forgot just how much I love polenta. So versatile. Just popped a huge batch in the freezer.
Old Nov 13, 2022, 4:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by Seat1A
At outstations maaaaaybe? I was at BOS. (And 2.5 hours for paperwork after the problem is fixed? How does that ever make sense?)
BOS is an OO outstation.

One of the reasons I mostly fly AA now is so I don't have to fly SkyWest on the east coast. That's just asking for trouble.

-J.
Old Nov 14, 2022, 3:00 pm

Quiet Lounge today. Back to work tomorrow for a 1 day work week. Unfortunately I have a decent amount of work to get done before I leave but will spend most of the day prepping for and then giving a presentation in the afternoon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.