Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! (2022 - Forward)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! (2022 - Forward)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2022, 6:50 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
GW, kipper and I also had religious-themed beer:

Sadly, I was not at all a fan of the ThunderHop IPA, but did have an excellent Jägerschnitzel off their special Oktoberfest dinner menu.

Before dinner we stopped by to pay our respects:

Miss you, Dave -- RIP
Old Sep 16, 2022, 7:20 pm

Programs: AARP, DL Skymiles, Marriot Bonvoy, Moe's Rewards
Originally Posted by ATOBTTR;[url=tel:34606467
34606467[/url]]

Well I made a post in the Newbie Lounge/Flame Free Questions thread asking if In-App buy-ups counted towards MQDs. Was asking with regards to an international segment where I’m considering it and would buy-up to D1 but I could get more than enough MQDs than I’d need to hit DM if I took advantage of this *spectacular* offer on JFK-CMH instead!
Originally Posted by Zorak;[url=tel:34606875
34606875[/url]]GW, kipper and I also had religious-themed beer:

Sadly, I was not at all a fan of the ThunderHop IPA, but did have an excellent Jägerschnitzel off their special Oktoberfest dinner menu.

Before dinner we stopped by to pay our respects:

Miss you, Dave -- RIP
I have lurked around Flyertalk long enough to immediately suspect this was about davetravels. A quick search confined it. I’m glad you were able to visit. I always enjoyed his posts.

I liked that brewery and the food there.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2022, 8:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...

Photo of Jägerschnitzel
fsuj25, Zorak and ATOBTTR like this.
Old Sep 16, 2022, 8:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by Zorak
… Before dinner we stopped by to pay our respects:

Miss you, Dave -- RIP
thanks for this 🛫

Originally Posted by fsuj25
I have lurked around Flyertalk long enough to immediately suspect this was about davetravels. A quick search confirmed it. I’m glad you were able to visit. I always enjoyed his posts.
one of a kind, a really great guy, and a true classic among FTers 🛫
Old Sep 17, 2022, 6:53 am

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Good morning Lounge.

Due to the lack of flying we've done this year, for the first time ever, we have 3 Reserve Companion Certificates that we will not be able to use. Any of you are welcome to them, so if you want to use one or more, PM me and we'll get it done.

They are good for Domestic Travel in D1, First, PS, or Main Cabin with a Fare Class restriction of I or Z for D1 or F. The flights MUST be completed by the Certificate expiration date.

2 of the Certificates expire on 1/31/2023 and 1 expires on 2/28/2023. There's plenty of time to get trips booked.

If you're not familiar with them, I've put the T&C's at the bottom of this post. They are fully transferable so I can give them to anyone. Obviously, there's no charge, they're yours free. People complain about not being able to use them but we've never had a problem as long as we've book well in advance and have some date flexibility (same as using GUCs/RUCs).

It's a great way to take someone on a trip with you. They won't get any credit, NO MQM.MQD or RDM, but their only expense are the AY $5.60 fees.

The tickets must be booked through my Dl account and I expect you to pay for them with your CC. Here's how we do that securely -

I log into delta.com and connect your computer up to mine for screen sharing. You should already have checked flights and you can then proceed to do the booking and pay with your CC. The trip then shows on your DL account and you control it. I'm available to help if you need me.

Companion certificate is valid for one round-trip First-Class, Delta Premium Select, Delta Comfort+® or Main Cabin companion ticket with the payment of applicable taxes and fees detailed below and the purchase of certain adult round-trip fares on published routings within the 48 contiguous United States.

Residents of Hawaii, Alaska, Puerto Rico, or the U.S. Virgin Islands must originate from there to the 48 contiguous United States.

Certificate Number

006xxxxxxxxxxReference Code

NN1AACustomer Name

Valid On

DL Designated Flights Operated by DL,9E,OO,YXMust Redeem By

See specific eCredit/voucherBooking Class

DL - I,Z,P,A,G,W,S,L,U,T,X,VProduct of Service

First Class/Delta Comfort +®/Main Cabin
REDEMPTION NOTES
    1. Type: Reserve Companion Certificate*

Booking Class: Seats are limited in First-Class to I, Z class of service, Premium Select to P, A, G class of service, in Delta Comfort+® to W, S class of service, and in Main Cabin to L, U, T, X, V class of service.

All fare rules, restrictions, advance purchase requirements, and availability are per rule of Primary Ticket fare purchased.

Farebasis Code/Ticket Designator: Applicable fare basis code/NN1AA (paid) SCMPL8/NN1AA(companion)

Travel Dates: Travel must be completed by February 28, 2023

SkyMiles: Primary ticket will accrue miles. Companion ticket will not accrue miles.

Tickets are eligible for Global and Regional Upgrade Certificates, but not eligible for mileage upgrades. Medallion Members or Delta SkyMiles Reserve Card Members traveling with one companion will be eligible for Complimentary Upgrades to both First Class and Delta Comfort +® based on the status of the higher-tiered Member, as long as the Companion is a SkyMiles Member, Medallion Member, or partner airline elite member, traveling in the same reservation.

All Delta SkyMiles program rules, opens in new tab apply.

Miscellaneous: Certificate will be deemed fully used once tickets have been issued and will not be returned or replaced.

*Upon redemption, payment of government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. Click here for details on taxes, fees and restrictions.
Old Sep 17, 2022, 9:35 am

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester

GrjApp and fsuj25 like this.
Old Sep 17, 2022, 9:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by kipper

Photo of Jägerschnitzel

Buffalo chicken pierogie sauté

Looks familiar.

-J.
Zorak likes this.
Old Sep 17, 2022, 11:03 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by GW McLintock
Looks familiar.

-J.
So does the response.

Last night in Portugal and just like last time I don’t want to leave. It looks likely I’ll have another work trip here in Jan or Feb, but if that falls through we’ll have to come back again for vacation.
SuperG1955 likes this.
Old Sep 17, 2022, 11:59 am

Cinderlands

Eleventh Hour

fsuj25 likes this.
Old Sep 17, 2022, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats

Is that "Pre-Prohibition Lager" still potable after 102+ years?

It's been 102 years since a bunch of busy-body women (WCTU) succeeded in taking away our beer for 12 long years.

Last edited by MikeMpls; Sep 17, 2022 at 1:22 pm
Old Sep 17, 2022, 3:34 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Originally Posted by MikeMpls
Is that "Pre-Prohibition Lager" still potable after 102+ years?

It's been 102 years since a bunch of busy-body women (WCTU) succeeded in taking away our beer for 12 long years.
It never went away in NYC (so I've been told).
Old Sep 17, 2022, 4:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Happy SATurDAY

Been a busy day of work around the house.

Have any loungers flown the Korean Air A380 in economy and if so do you have any recommendation on seats? Are Row 28A/B/C or Row 30 bulkhead good? Or the exit row? (No availability in Row 42 - only in Row 52).

Also, does KE do any online buy-ups to Prestige either in advance or at check-in?
Old Sep 17, 2022, 9:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Cinderlands

Eleventh Hour
I see you managed to get the Advil bottle in the photo.
Old Sep 18, 2022, 7:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
mattp1987 - Bengals-Cowboys match up today. How about a friendly wager? First round of drinks at the SkyClub?
Old Sep 18, 2022, 7:23 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
mattp1987 - Bengals-Cowboys match up today. How about a friendly wager? First round of drinks at the SkyClub?
Sounds good. We can do it on our next connection through the CVG or DFW hubs.
ATOBTTR likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.