Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! (2022 - Forward)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! (2022 - Forward)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2022, 8:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by fsuj25
what did you think of the ginger what beer?
WHAT!?

-J.
fsuj25 likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2022, 8:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Ginger, what beer or ginger wheat beer?
Old Sep 21, 2022, 3:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium

Happy WednesDAY from CVG. Our ride to MSP for Leg 1 to Hawaii is below the SC.

Had a first at a commercial hotel by CVG last night: stayed in the same exact room as a previous stay. Wasn’t a suite or special room either. Just a standard room. (Had it happen at Edwards AFB a couple times while there for work but there’s weren’t as many rooms there).
MSPeconomist and mattp1987 like this.
Old Sep 21, 2022, 5:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
no good reason except I didn’t care for the taste of the first one I tried, but for a *very* long time I’ve scrupulously avoided anything like a Hefeweizen

to my surprise, this ginger wheat was very drinkable; in fact, the taster size would have been a very pleasant cocktail equivalent
Old Sep 21, 2022, 6:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
Had a first at a commercial hotel by CVG last night: stayed in the same exact room as a previous stay. Wasn’t a suite or special room either. Just a standard room. (Had it happen at Edwards AFB a couple times while there for work but there’s weren’t as many rooms there).
Back in the day, I stayed at the same hotels many nights a year (each night on a separate reservation, usually, as I left and took all my belongings with me to work in case I didn't make it back), and in several properties I had favorite rooms (or floors, at least). Depending on who was at the front desk they would usually try to put me in those room(s) and I probably got them once a week. 827 (or really anything in the 27 line, as they had an extra window since it was a semi-corner room), 1500 (top floor end), 2001 (corner room top floor), and 2301 (top floor end) were some of my usual top picks (at their respective hotels). It wouldn't surprise me if they still had notes on my files for these rooms.

With that being said, I loved getting the same room(s). It made it feel a little more like I was at home; I really appreciated the familiarity when I was on the "road" ~300 days a year.

-J.
Old Sep 21, 2022, 7:10 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I also have favorite rooms at certain hotels where I stay with some regularity. At many alofts in L shaped buidlings, there's a much larger room at the outer corner of the kink. In other places, the view from certain rooms is much different, even if it's not a special category, although more hotels are charging a bit extra to book a room on a higher (sometimes of only 5 or 6) floor.
navi_jen and GW McLintock like this.
Old Sep 21, 2022, 8:14 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA Gold (*G), DL Silver, Makers Mark Ambassador
Flew through CVG last month on my way to CMH (UA flight delay debacle) and I was shocked at how much it has changed since it was a DL hub. I remember a massive hub operation as a kid and now it's a skeleton. Heck, I remember flying SHV-CVG there for a while
Old Sep 21, 2022, 8:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I also have favorite rooms at certain hotels where I stay with some regularity. At many alofts in L shaped buidlings, there's a much larger room at the outer corner of the kink. In other places, the view from certain rooms is much different, even if it's not a special category, although more hotels are charging a bit extra to book a room on a higher (sometimes of only 5 or 6) floor.
One of the hotels I used to stay at had two long hallways, with a short perpendicular section in the center for the elevators; this led to two extra corner rooms on each floor with a narrow extra window. The line of rooms facing the back was my favorite, since I liked the extra window, the ability to see the airport, and that I could see if my best friend was working at the coffee shop/bar in the lobby. If I was on a lower floor, we would make signs or silly faces sometimes. That is one of the things I miss about traveling so much.

-J.
Old Sep 21, 2022, 9:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Was able to work in some Air Force PT at the PGA Tour Lounge during the layover at MSP! (Played The Old Course at St. Andrews).

Now in the F/G SC (no line/wait to get in but the SC is packed though not yet standing room only).
MSPeconomist and fsuj25 like this.
Old Sep 21, 2022, 10:15 am

I remember the golf simulators at the DCA SC, before they were removed to create more seating space. I never realized they were for AF people officers.
Old Sep 21, 2022, 10:23 am

Programs: AARP, DL Skymiles, Marriot Bonvoy, Moe's Rewards
Originally Posted by GW McLintock;[url=tel:34617051
34617051[/url]]WHAT!?

-J.
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist;[url=tel:34617067
34617067[/url]]Ginger, what beer or ginger wheat beer?
Which beer? Who? 🤣

Autocorrect and me usually trying to do two things at once while posting here will get me in trouble one of these days!

Originally Posted by jrl767
no good reason except I didn’t care for the taste of the first one I tried, but for a *very* long time I’ve scrupulously avoided anything like a Hefeweizen

to my surprise, this ginger wheat was very drinkable; in fact, the taster size would have been a very pleasant cocktail equivalent
I am not a huge fan of wheat beers but I love ginger and would have wanted to try it. Glad you enjoyed it.
Old Sep 21, 2022, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I remember the golf simulators at the DCA SC, before they were removed to create more seating space. I never realized they were for AF people officers.
The simulators allow for year-round physical training even when the weather conditions outside otherwise don’t support such training. (Though we’re actually in that “perfect time of year” for golf weather in the Midwest right now.)
Old Sep 21, 2022, 1:03 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Originally Posted by wakesetter93
SuperG1955 I've got a couple of those certs I'm trying to use as well. We have a few trips between now and the end of the year but DL is more than double UA on those trips anyway so I'm having a hard time finding a way to use them.
This is the first time in years that I've had to put them out for anyone to use. I used 8 RUCs/GUCs for the trips I had too book because the savings were greater. And I wanted MQMs/MQDs for both of us.
It can be a PTA but I put them out early enough for someone to catch decent fares for Jan/Feb.
Old Sep 21, 2022, 1:11 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Originally Posted by ATOBTTR

Was able to work in some Air Force PT at the PGA Tour Lounge during the layover at MSP! (Played The Old Course at St. Andrews).

Now in the F/G SC (no line/wait to get in but the SC is packed though not yet standing room only).
WOW, simulated PT. What will the AF think of next. Will they let you simulate your annual PT test as well?

My friends son is now in the special Warfare Prep Course at Lackland. I don't think they'll let them use simulation though.
Old Sep 21, 2022, 1:36 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by SuperG1955
WOW, simulated PT. What will the AF think of next. Will they let you simulate your annual PT test as well?

My friends son is now in the special Warfare Prep Course at Lackland. I don't think they'll let them use simulation though.
I think the simulated PT test is for the Space Force. I’m only half kidding. There was an actual plan out there to have them wear fitness trackers in lieu of taking an annual PT test. I’m not sure if it was ever approved because I think they’re still taking the Air Force test currently.
fsuj25 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.