Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! (2022 - Forward)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! (2022 - Forward)

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2022, 11:20 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA Gold (*G), DL Silver, Makers Mark Ambassador
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
a. This makes it harder, but certain flights tend to arrive and especially depart from gates in certain areas, so details would help. For example, DCA tends to go from a low C gate while MSY and BDL from mid-C, as do most of the large (CRJ-900 for example) RJs. The 757s tend to use F gates, international G1 through G6 or sometimes F for departures. F and especially G can be long walks, but G has wide moving walkways when they're working. There's a downhill (and uphill vv) walk to the C, F, and G gates.
b. There are some surprisingly good airport hotels (on light rail line to MOA or with free shuttle service, but double check COVID-19 schedule changes) that aren't expensive. I don't know which ones DL uses for misconnects.
c. I suspect you're able to run fast to a gate, but are you traveling alone? Will you have carry on bags to slow you down? Will you be sitting near the front, ideally in an aisle seat, for the first segment of the connection? This sounds like summer travel, so be aware that we can have severe late afternoon thunderstorms that slow everything down.

I know the airport well and am not a good runner, but I would be inclined to go for it. However, I know the airport well and don't need to look at a map before running for it. OTOH if the airport is busy and you must go between a F/G gate and a low C (or D or E, which are unlikely) gate, people in the main concourse with all the shops can really slow you down. Large groups abreast walk slowly and people suddenly just stop to window shop. It can be very frustrating. Finally, "Minnesota nice" generally includes airport agents.
a. It's an A321 to an A319
b. I'd rather not get aquainted with the MSP airport hotels
c. I run half-marathons but I feel this may be my most intense race yet!
GW McLintock likes this.
Old May 30, 2022, 11:25 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
I’d go for it, especially if the alternative is waiting til the next day to fly home. The one time I got
stuck overnight, Delta didn’t pay for my hotel but gave me a discount voucher for a La Quinta that wasn’t anywhere close. I probably should have pushed for a voucher because it was the failure of their de-icing equipment at DAY that caused me to mis-connect.
AeRoSpaceman likes this.
Old May 31, 2022, 4:26 am

Programs: In 2023? Does it matter? SPG/Marriott: Plat; DL: Plat; B6: Mosaic
Happy first day back and work USFTers.

mattp1987 I'm with you...just finished weeding/de-rooting/planting groundcover on the rear 1/3 of the hedgerow. Fingers crossed that the groundcover seeds. Oh, and if anyone is in the market for a midweight rototiller, I highly recommend the SunJoe 13a 16" model. It did a nice job cutting thru old Rose of Sharon roots.

It's another hot one today (close to 90), so I'm off to pick up the new 230v A/C unit for the first floor. Hopefully it functions as well as the reviews.
AeRoSpaceman likes this.
Old May 31, 2022, 5:00 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by wakesetter93
a. It's an A321 to an A319
b. I'd rather not get aquainted with the MSP airport hotels
c. I run half-marathons but I feel this may be my most intense race yet!
I once made a ~20 minute connection at MSP going from the low F gates to high C gates after my inbound was delayed. Not fun, but doable... and I don't do much running normally
AeRoSpaceman likes this.
Old May 31, 2022, 5:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
It's not even 8am and already 79°F I woke up around 6 as I got too warm. AFAIK the air conditioning is still being repaired for a few more days, but I may try it and see what happens later.

ETA: up to 82° and climbing to a high of 94° today The rest of the week should be more pleasant.
ETAA: as of 20 minutes ago the pipework was signed off and I now have AC!

-J.
AeRoSpaceman likes this.

Last edited by GW McLintock; May 31, 2022 at 7:17 am
Old May 31, 2022, 9:37 am

Originally Posted by mattp1987
I’d go for it, especially if the alternative is waiting til the next day to fly home.
If that’s the alternative then of course go for it, what do you have to lose. I’d assume Den-dfw (assuming based on prior posts) has other options. You’ll probably make it, but I think the risk is higher than average. What I meant by what happens if you miss connect was - are you going to miss an important meeting/wedding/funeral/etc.?
Old May 31, 2022, 10:22 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA Gold (*G), DL Silver, Makers Mark Ambassador
Yeah, I could take the DEN-DFW direct but need a few more $$$ to requalify for DL Silver for 2023 and needed to try and land at DFW at the same time as Mrs. WS93 who's coming in from EWR at 10p. Since the UA flight landed at 8:30 I didn't want to sit around the gate area for an hour and a half.
Old May 31, 2022, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by wakesetter93
Yeah, I could take the DEN-DFW direct but need a few more $$$ to requalify for DL Silver for 2023 and needed to try and land at DFW at the same time as Mrs. WS93 who's coming in from EWR at 10p. Since the UA flight landed at 8:30 I didn't want to sit around the gate area for an hour and a half.
Sitting around for an hour and a half may have been more preferable to sleeping overnight at MSP in the event of a misconnect.
SuperG1955 likes this.
Old May 31, 2022, 11:22 am

Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
Sitting around for an hour and a half may have been more preferable to sleeping overnight at MSP in the event of a misconnect.
If the DEN-MSP delays I'll hop on one of the later connecting iteniraries through SLC or ATL. Or just book a Southwest flight to DAL
Old May 31, 2022, 12:19 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
I’d go for it, especially if the alternative is waiting til the next day to fly home. The one time I got
stuck overnight, Delta didn’t pay for my hotel but gave me a discount voucher for a La Quinta that wasn’t anywhere close. I probably should have pushed for a voucher because it was the failure of their de-icing equipment at DAY that caused me to mis-connect.
Last week Delta texted me a list of like ten different hotel voucher options including the Gateway Marriott cluster when I had a mechanical- related possible misconnect in ATL so it should be improved since then. (Made the original flight with a bit of brisk jogging between A11 and B31 so I didn’t explore the text list beyond that first look)
Old May 31, 2022, 12:39 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
... aaand the other microbrewery in Corner Brook
I like these better, but both places were decent.

El Boocho and AeRoSpaceman like this.
Old May 31, 2022, 9:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
<rant=on>

I've been flying my Filipinos to/from PH on Delta since 2017. Brought them here on DL in 2017, return visit to PH in 2019, another trip in 2020 was canceled due to the pandemic.

So it's time again, this time I decided to save a few $ by booking directly on delta.com rather than thru Travelocity. Big Mistake! Friends do not let friends visit delta.com, ever! The only thing worse than delta.com is a connection in Manila, although I do have a fond but weird memory of United's foot fetishist checking out my feet as I waited to board MNL-GUM one year.

Deltamatic barfed, and after hours in Reservation Hell my credit card is maxed and we have no tickets. They offered to hold the tickets until 3 June, so if their bogus charges drop off by the 3rd, I can take another lap through through Delta's conceptualization of Hades. And this after hours of negotiating with Spousal Unit II, who thinks the best available routing is through O'Hare* (which thankfully cost $1200 more, which I refused to pay). It took a lot of effort to get her to accept MSP-LAX-ICN-CEB-ICN-ATL-MSP for $2100 per ticket and the soul of her first-born.

The tickets now cost 2X the last ones we flew and their reservations service stinks. Price ↑, Service ↓

I'd post this in the forum itself, but it might be too upsetting for all the blind loyalists.

<rant=off>
<palindromicPostCount=false>

*She's been to O'Hare once, outbound on MSP-ORD-ICN-CEB, when American was offering everyone free shuttle rides from their gates to the international terminal. She doesn't yet understand that that is not the "real" O'Hare.

Last edited by MikeMpls; Jun 1, 2022 at 5:56 am Reason: Hands type faster than the brain thinks.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 12:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Hi MikeMpls. It's great to "see" you back here again.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 2:49 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Hump day comes a lot sooner when Monday is a holiday.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 5:31 am

Programs: In 2023? Does it matter? SPG/Marriott: Plat; DL: Plat; B6: Mosaic
Hump day comes a lot sooner when Monday is a holiday.
Yep. Love it.

Tres excited today. Former ivy/pachysandra beds are being dug up today (removing all the old ivy and Rose of Sharon roots). Then, I can plant wildflowers (until the final plan is in place). Whoot whoot.

Unfortunately, a skunk decided to spray something last night, so my yard smells like Skunk. At least it's not Pumpkin

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.