Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! (2022 - Forward)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! (2022 - Forward)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2022, 9:17 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Morning Lounge! I'm killing time in The Club in PIT. My flight was just delayed by half an hour. The weather does not look great for my trip. Assuming we leave at our new time, I'll still have five hours at DCA.

Thank goodness for upgrades and free alcohol, right?
Old Nov 11, 2022, 9:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by kipper
Morning Lounge! I'm killing time in The Club in PIT. My flight was just delayed by half an hour. The weather does not look great for my trip. Assuming we leave at our new time, I'll still have five hours at DCA.

I had a great time at the The Club at PIT. They can't make a double but they will give you two drinks if you ask. One of the bartenders is also a Yankees fan

Hope you have a nice trip.

-J.
Old Nov 11, 2022, 10:15 am

Originally Posted by GW McLintock
I had a great time at the The Club at PIT. They can't make a double but they will give you two drinks if you ask. One of the bartenders is also a Yankees fan

Hope you have a nice trip.

-J.
I swear I vowed never to fly an E-175 again, yet here I am. That said, it's not horrible.

Old Nov 11, 2022, 10:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
I swear I vowed never to fly an E-175 again, yet here I am. That said, it's not horrible.

Why the hate for the E175? I love it. No middle seats. Bins that can accommodate a rollaboard. Solo F seats. 1A (as it looks like you have) is one of the best seats out there. Give me an E-175 over a 737-900 any day!
krazykanuck, MSPeconomist and hhdl like this.
Old Nov 11, 2022, 10:42 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA Gold (*G), DL Silver, Makers Mark Ambassador
I am also a big fan of the E175's. Beats a CR7 any day
Old Nov 11, 2022, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by LadyWrites

Loading carry ons on the A320.
I don’t think your carryon is supposed to go there.
MSPeconomist and hhdl like this.
Old Nov 11, 2022, 10:48 am

Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
Why the hate for the E175? I love it. No middle seats. Bins that can accommodate a rollaboard. Solo F seats. 1A (as it looks like you have) is one of the best seats out there. Give me an E-175 over a 737-900 any day!
I do have 1A. I think the last time, I had 2A and was cranky because my backpack had to go at my feet. Today, the fa placed it in the closet for me.
Old Nov 11, 2022, 10:56 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Mama
try the nasty LAX.
Originally Posted by Zorak
I haven't had problems with TSA at LAX, from both the DL and UA terminals.
There is no dedicated Pre-Check security at LAX (which you paid for it, but they don't have).

Last edited by Mama; Nov 11, 2022 at 11:04 am
Old Nov 11, 2022, 11:53 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by Mama
There is no dedicated Pre-Check security at LAX (which you paid for it, but they don't have).
You should let the TSA know because they say it’s available at T1-T7 and TBIT. https://www.tsa.gov/precheck/schedule
kipper likes this.
Old Nov 11, 2022, 12:09 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by wakesetter93
I am also a big fan of the E175's. Beats a CR7 any day
Or the E135s that were designed with hobbits in mind.
Old Nov 11, 2022, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K

well, harumph! I spent the better part of an hour in the new AC at the top of the E pier at DCA this morning (AS flight to LAX departed ~0900)

outstanding views of the Rockies and the Grand Canyon; pix posted in the “Views from Above the Wing” thread on the AS board (posts 313-315)

Last edited by jrl767; Nov 12, 2022 at 12:05 am Reason: revised link to pix
Old Nov 11, 2022, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by jrl767
well, harumph! I spent the better part of an hour in the new AC at the top of the E pier at DCA this morning (AS flight to LAX departed ~0900)
Is that the new DCA AC? I was at the old one last month and it was as underwhelming as it was 11 years ago when it was still an US Airways Club.

-J.
Old Nov 11, 2022, 6:51 pm

Originally Posted by jrl767

outstanding views of the Rockies and the Grand Canyon; will be adding pix to the “Views from Above the Wing” thread on the AS board shortly
I got there around 1315.
Old Nov 11, 2022, 7:34 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
I'm not looking forward to the next 2 weekend's schedule changes which should be hitting January flights.
As I've mentioned, I plan to requalify as a DM by earning $20K+ MQD in January and have 10 trips scheduled on DL. Most of them are not a problem for schedule changes or last minute WX problems. They're all in the first 2 weeks of the month and I have from the 20th to 31st to make them up if I need to.

However, I have 2 trips on AF which represent half of the MQD and the outbound involves an MSY-JFK and T4/T2 to T1 connection at JFK. I 've tried to make it a foolproof as possible with a 4+ hour connection window. I'll have to stay on top of the flight situations since I don't know af any way to tie the AF PNR to the DL PNR. A note in the DL PNR doesn't do any good since there's no automated process to manage the relationship. If needed, I'll fly to JFK a day early to insure connectivity.

It should be a fun 2+ months until I'm done and can get back to travel for pleasure.
Old Nov 12, 2022, 12:06 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
We spent Veterans Day visiting a zoo and a Christmas market. We’re celebrating SATurday at another Christmas market. I need to workout before we go so that I’ll be hungry because it’s in Essen.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.