Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! (2022 - Forward)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! (2022 - Forward)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2022, 11:11 am

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I've noticed that some hotels put tracking devices on their luggage carts. It's more useful to know where it is than to know who is using it. The tracking devices also tell them when someone has abandoned a cart in an upstairs hallway rather than returning it to the lobby.
I did suggest they consider some Airtags. I bought a set of four prior to this trip and am still getting used to how they work and how they send their alerts. I am using all four, two for the checked bags, one for the carry-on, and one for the computer backpack. I think they would work well for the hotel and be less irritating to the customer than handing over an ID.

I realize now that the hotels are doing the same thing as Delta - travel volume and prices are way up, so just pocket that money instead of using it to restore services and benefits.

I will hit the hotel up for more toiletries later this week when I ask for a fresh set of towels.

I am getting used to being (temporarily) full-time again. I normally work 10-12 hours a week, but an full-time when on travel.

I hope everybody has a great week!

David
MSPeconomist and volabam like this.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 10:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
What? Pfizer
Sequence? #4
Where? Arm
Sore? Arm
Antibodies? Working, apparently

Whatever it takes to stay alive in this crazy world ...
beachmouse likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 10:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Originally Posted by SuperG1955
Deleted. Duplicate post.
Noted. None-duplicate notation.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 10:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by MikeMpls
Noted. None-duplicate notation.
I’d say you’re in rare form this evening, but that’s probably less than fully accurate
Old Jul 14, 2022, 5:57 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
DiverDave, GW McLintock and fsuj25 like this.
Old Jul 14, 2022, 6:04 am

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Originally Posted by MikeMpls
What? Pfizer
Sequence? #4
Where? Arm
Sore? Arm
Antibodies? Working, apparently

Whatever it takes to stay alive in this crazy world ...
You should have switched to Moderna. Recommend that you switch for #5 and pick up the benefits of the mixmaster.
Old Jul 14, 2022, 6:06 am

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
HH Schedule, Old or new? If new, is the change permanent, at least until the next change?
Old Jul 14, 2022, 6:07 am

Originally Posted by jrl767
I’d say you’re in rare form this evening, but that’s probably less than fully accurate
Maybe well done or overcooked.

The heat in MSP this summer may be partially to blame.
Old Jul 14, 2022, 9:57 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by SuperG1955
HH Schedule, Old or new? If new, is the change permanent, at least until the next change?
My thought was a permanent change...
Old Jul 14, 2022, 11:29 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Happy Thorsday! I have some use or lose leave to burn so took the day off. We went to a botanical garden type place in the city and then later met some friends at the Belgian bar which serves cheap Belgian beers. Unfortunately, it’s not served by public transportation anywhere nearby.
Old Jul 14, 2022, 11:30 am

Originally Posted by Zorak
My thought was a permanent change...
That's fine. I'll change my Thursday alarm.
Zorak likes this.
Old Jul 14, 2022, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
The later time actually works out well for me today. I can stop at my mom's and maybe even go to the gym as well.

-J.
Old Jul 14, 2022, 3:17 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA Gold (*G), DL Silver, Makers Mark Ambassador
Greetings from the DEN CL. Flying back home to DFW tonight (on the A320 UA Retro Jet) before picking up Mrs. WS93 and heading down to Austin to close on our house tomorrow
catmndu likes this.
Old Jul 14, 2022, 3:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Looks like I again won't make it to the gym, but I will go tomorrow for sure. Tonight's activities include the UPS store, stopping at my mom's, laundry, and typical Thor's Day festivities.

-J.
Old Jul 14, 2022, 4:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
I will likely be multi-tasking, as I have promised to do Copper River sockeye salmon on the grill for dinner ... luckily that's neither a long nor laborious process, as long as I get some of the associated prep out of the way before joining the Zoom

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.