Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! (2022 - Forward)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! (2022 - Forward)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2022, 11:21 am

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
If you can click from the itinerary to see the receipt on delta.dumb, you can look at the class. It sounds like you're unable to verify that the ticket number has changed.

The ultimate check is whether OLCI works at T-24.

Enjoy!
The class does show OV, and the receipt shows an applied e-credit of the original purchase price. So maybe it truly is reissued. I expect that would have been done a few days ago when I called to remove the RUC waitlist and apply the GUC.

I have an RUC waitlisted for the return, but expect I will have to cave and burn a GUC for that. Not the world's best use of GUCs, but I am kind of an accidental Diamond in any case.

As you note, I will find out tomorrow.

ATL-LAX is on the 763 which I rather like as those seats are more comfortable to me than the seats in the 764 and A350 suites. Too bad they don't have PS, which is basically just as good as most domestic first class.

David
Old Jul 9, 2022, 1:50 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
I was looking at the 9E (Endeavor) web site and noticed that they're emphasizing their compensation packages. Since they're a 100% subsidiary of Delta, these comp levels are obviously with corporate's approval and input.

The top end for an Aircraft Maintenance Technician is now over $80K except for LGA/JFK where it's just under $100K. A person graduating from NYC's Aviation Trades public high school can graduate with their A&P license, start at Endeavor at $60K+ and in 5 years be making over $100K. Not bad for a HS grad.

They're now competing with the lower end ULCC and LCC carriers for mechanics and other staff.
MSPeconomist and Kerrirdh like this.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 4:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by SuperG1955
I was looking at the 9E (Endeavor) web site and noticed that they're emphasizing their compensation packages. Since they're a 100% subsidiary of Delta, these comp levels are obviously with corporate's approval and input.

The top end for an Aircraft Maintenance Technician is now over $80K except for LGA/JFK where it's just under $100K. A person graduating from NYC's Aviation Trades public high school can graduate with their A&P license, start at Endeavor at $60K+ and in 5 years be making over $100K. Not bad for a HS grad.

They're now competing with the lower end ULCC and LCC carriers for mechanics and other staff.
Plus, aren't jobs at Endeavor a pathway to jobs with DL?
Old Jul 9, 2022, 5:01 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Plus, aren't jobs at Endeavor a pathway to jobs with DL?
The following is information based on conversations I've had with a number or Endeavor employees who i know and isn't based on access to any Endeavor manuals or policy documents.

Yes, for Pilots.

I believe that many of Endeavors senior management have come from Delta management and in many cases returned to Delta after gaining new experience and proving themselves.

I also believe that Endeavor employees are welcome to apply for posted jobs at Delta. If hired, they do not carry seniority over.
MSPeconomist likes this.

Last edited by SuperG1955; Jul 10, 2022 at 4:24 am Reason: spelling
Old Jul 9, 2022, 11:39 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Hope everyone had a great SATurday. Babyp visited his first winery and first palace, so it was a successful day. We also met some friends for sushi and to hand off the wine we’d picked up for them.

Today is the last full day with the in-laws in town. I’m leaning towards taking them to one of the local lakes this afternoon. We have about 6 weeks to recover before my parents come to visit.
Old Jul 10, 2022, 8:24 am

Programs: AARP, DL Skymiles, Marriot Bonvoy, Moe's Rewards
BabyP had a much more interesting Saturday than I did! 😂

I have a headache so I’m going to eat something and get some rest before my nephew’s birthday party.

do you have to wrap a gift for a 1-year old or will the Amazon box be ok?
Old Jul 10, 2022, 8:27 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by fsuj25
BabyP had a much more interesting Saturday than I did! 😂

I have a headache so I’m going to eat something and get some rest before my nephew’s birthday party.

do you have to wrap a gift for a 1-year old or will the Amazon box be ok?
There's a chance the kid will be more interested in the box than the gift inside.

Do you have a fancy little bag you could use instead of trying to wrap it?
hhdl likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2022, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Happy SunDAY. Nice day in DAY. Yesterday’s schedule change Saturday saw some minor tweaks to a couple of booked itineraries but thankfully nothing that screwed up connections. It took a while for what displayed on DL.com to match what displayed on under My Trips in the App. The itineraries in the App updated first and it took DL.com a couple hours to catch up.

No equipment change on the MSP-HNL or HNL-ATL leg. Hoping the 767-300 is switched to something with a better seat but I get this is truly a first world complaint. Biggest change was an ATL-CMH leg going from a 737-800 to a 737-900. I had 3C/D on the 738 and was rebooked into 4C/D on the 739 but I moved us to 5C/D which are the best seats on another very “meh” aircraft.

Originally Posted by mattp1987
Hope everyone had a great SATurday. Babyp visited his first winery and first palace, so it was a successful day. We also met some friends for sushi and to hand off the wine we’d picked up for them.

Today is the last full day with the in-laws in town. I’m leaning towards taking them to one of the local lakes this afternoon. We have about 6 weeks to recover before my parents come to visit.
My parental unit is in town this weekend. We did Air Force PT yesterday and plan to get in another round of Air Force PT today.
Old Jul 10, 2022, 9:27 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA Gold (*G), DL Silver, Makers Mark Ambassador
Happy Sunday everyone! Mrs. WS93 and I just finished up breakfast and are about to head to the lake. Smoking brisket with some friends for dinner!
Old Jul 10, 2022, 10:41 am

Programs: AARP, DL Skymiles, Marriot Bonvoy, Moe's Rewards
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist;[url=tel:34412687
34412687[/url]]There's a chance the kid will be more interested in the box than the gift inside.

Do you have a fancy little bag you could use instead of trying to wrap it?
I only have a Christmas one. But Mother has an extra one she’s going to bring for me to use. Less cleanup for his parents. I’m going to go for a jog then head over to the party
Old Jul 10, 2022, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Originally Posted by SuperG1955
We ran out of eggs because Mrs.SG dropped the carton on the kitchen floor. 😒
You didn't run out of eggs. You were not satisfied with the way they were prepared.

Have you never heard of Egg Drop Soup?
kipper, DiverDave and navi_jen like this.
Old Jul 10, 2022, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
sounds like my kitchen catastrophe a couple months back

getting ready to make a frittata for brunch, put half a dozen eggs in a shaker with some seasonings and a splash of milk ... went to put the top on before shaking, but was ever so slightly out of alignment ... four yolks and at least half of the whites all over the floor and a couple cabinet doors
Old Jul 10, 2022, 12:07 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by jrl767
sounds like my kitchen catastrophe a couple months back

getting ready to make a frittata for brunch, put half a dozen eggs in a shaker with some seasonings and a splash of milk ... went to put the top on before shaking, but was ever so slightly out of alignment ... four yolks and at least half of the whites all over the floor and a couple cabinet doors
No worries -- hakuna frittata!
navi_jen likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2022, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
lol, not exactly — had to make do with a mini frittata; I’d used the last of the eggs bc we were leaving the next day for a week in DC
Old Jul 10, 2022, 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by mattp1987

I hope babyp liked the winery and appreciated the castle. You're starting him early to learn about culture (and beverages). Lucky kid!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.