Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2022, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: xliioper
Link to International D1 Menus: https://deltaone.mydeltamenu.com/BOS-LHR/ (replace airport codes as appropriate)
Link to Domestic D1 Menus: https://pc2c.mydeltamenu.com/SEA-JFK/

Link to Delta Premium Select menus:
https://dps.mydeltamenu.com/SEA-ICN/
(replace airport codes as appropriate)

Current 2022 First Class meal service status -- [NOTE - all D1 flights, domestic and international, receive hot meal service]. FC meal service consists of plated meals (including hot options) between hubs and to/from most larger stations (exception stations listed below only receive cold meal box options) on flights over 900 miles which depart before 9PM (scheduled). Pre-selection is available on routes with plated meal offerings, while it is not available on cold meal box routes. In addition, flights over 2300 miles will receive meal service in FC for departures after 9PM. Snack boxes are generally offered on redeye flights under 2300 miles. Meal service is not provided on flights under 900 miles.

Current exception stations where only cold meal boxes (with no pre-selection) are offered in FC on 900+ mile flights (both to and from station):
ABQ, AUA, EGE, ELP, EYW, GEG, IAD, JAC, MCI, OAK, PLS, PSC, PUJ, SAT, TUS, YYZ, YUL, YVR

Click here for the 2017 version of this thread.

Click here for the 2018/2019 version of this thread.

Click Here for the 2020 (Prior to COVID) Version of this thread

2020/Early 2021 - COVID Inflight Version of this Thread

​​​​Click Here for the 2021 Version of this thread

Print Wikipost

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2022, 9:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by KDCAflyer
I wish Delta offered these on non meal flights.

On my recent EWR-DCA flight in first:

You can buy something similar to this in gourmet grocery stores and some airport convenience stores. There are also the smaller P-3 protein packs (usually with a combination of meat, cheese, nuts, and crackers) that are available in several versions in most grocery stores. A couple weeks ago I bought some P-3s on sale at 3 for $7 in my local grocery store in anticipation of travel or just snacking.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 9:24 am

Programs: Delta Platinum; Hilton Diamond; Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by NYC Flyer
Expanded offerings announced.

Delta F&B Press Release 14JUN

Highlights include official announcement of PDBs and preorders for domestic first (latter starting in July), expanded beverage options and refreshed boxes for purchase in economy...and more sundaes.
No PS news, continuing with Du Nord Vodka, and PDBs are now only on flights 900 miles or greater.

Keep FAILING, Delta.
chrisny2, BamaGirl, cmd320 and 3 others like this.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 9:32 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
Originally Posted by Pianoman109876
No PS news, continuing with Du Nord Vodka, and PDBs are now only on flights 900 miles or greater.

Keep FAILING, Delta.
Honestly PDBs are more important on short 900 mile hops where there frequently isn't time for a drink service in the sky. Seems they're just trying to cut costs with this.
Eastbay1K, chrisny2, demkr and 4 others like this.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 10:54 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
"The lineup of new products highlights small businesses, suppliers from across the globe, and woman- and LGBTQ+-led brands"

Literally everything has to be a virtue signal -- I guess that's so you don't notice Premium Economy gets the economy meal
Old Jun 14, 2022, 12:30 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
13 Jun DL3575 IAD-DTW (CR9)

FA did PDBs, plus an in-flight drink service (and followed FEBO for that too )

13 Jun DL2274 DTW-SFO (B739)

PDB: yes
FEBO: yes, although not informationally useful on an even-numbered flight

Salad: ok
Braised beef: decent
Potatoes: fantastic
Dessert: also pretty good, and nice to have something other than the blueberry cheesecake

other choices were an herbed chicken and some kind of vegetarian pasta. I was in row 3; overheard the FA tell someone in row 4 that there were only two choices left but didn't catch which one was out.
Bailorg likes this.

Last edited by Zorak; Jun 14, 2022 at 7:03 pm Reason: OCD typo correction
Old Jun 14, 2022, 2:05 pm

Programs: Delta DM, United Silver, Marriott LT Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
Updated list:

Sad box - PHX*, IAD, DFW, EYW, AUA, AUS, OAK, ELP, ABQ, TUS
Plated food - SNA, MIA, DEN, MSY, RDU, PDX, MCO, FLL, TPA, SFO

* - Seems to be narrowbody aircraft only
Old Jun 14, 2022, 5:05 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
Anyone with reports on meals aboard Skywest? Have a 1,200 mile flight coming up on them from PSC-MSP early in the morning, probably just going to grab a bite to eat in the terminal as this flight has only been doing the snack basket as of March despite it being a 3 hour+ flight.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 5:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by mehitabel
Thanks so much for this report, MSPeconomist! I'm flying SFO-JFK this week and have now selected the seabass based on your endorsement
Thanks, but just be aware that there seems to be more than one seabass dish floating around in the DL network at this time. I had the seabass with okra (described as coming with a warm tomato salad) exMSP; I can't vouch for the other version(s) of seabass that seem to be offered from other stations.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 4:12 am

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
According to TPG DL is now saying it is “expanding their meal service” to return buy on board.

does that mean when I’m in first class on one of these absurd flights do I get the privilege of buying a box from coach or do I have to eat my overnight oats from a box for dinner on a 2000 mile flight?

absurd - focus on fixing your problems first
cmd320 likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 7:18 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles | Platinum
Originally Posted by hi55us
Anyone with reports on meals aboard Skywest? Have a 1,200 mile flight coming up on them from PSC-MSP early in the morning, probably just going to grab a bite to eat in the terminal as this flight has only been doing the snack basket as of March despite it being a 3 hour+ flight.
Not sure if regionals will be included on this next round of reintroduction... Have an MSP-JFK (1,028) on 9E that I used a SCS to rebook to MSP-LGA on DL for this exact reason.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 7:23 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by FlyAO2
According to TPG DL is now saying it is “expanding their meal service” to return buy on board.

does that mean when I’m in first class on one of these absurd flights do I get the privilege of buying a box from coach or do I have to eat my overnight oats from a box for dinner on a 2000 mile flight?

​​​​​​It may come as a surprise to you, but there are a lot of people who fly in coach.
chrisny2, ab2013, Paul510 and 4 others like this.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 10:38 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Adam1222
​​​​​​It may come as a surprise to you, but there are a lot of people who fly in coach.
I guess he/she hasn’t noticed that 90% of the aircraft is coach
rcsgeorgia likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 10:44 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by FlyAO2
If DL would put 1/2 the effort into fixing its problems with catering and customer support as they put into virtue signaling, we would be dealing with a much different carrier.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 11:27 am

I'm clearly in the minority of those people that fly Delta (or at least that they think fly Delta). Personally, I could care less whether my snacks and amenity kit items are sourced from some minority group. Silly me, I've always kinda put "tastes good" much higher on the list.

And while I like the idea that they're now making it possible to get a margarita on an international flight, but dear god, that paint thinner in a can stuff doesn't qualify. I'd far rather have the old separate mixer and tequila they used to serve. The mixer wasn't great (at least it was drinkable), but at least the tequila wasn't paint thinner quality.
demkr, rcsgeorgia and viz like this.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 11:31 am

Originally Posted by jjl468
There were a few reports on Reddit of hot meals on ex-AUS flights a few months ago, including one specifically for AUS-SEA, but YMMV.

https://reddit.com/r/delta/comments/...l_first_class/

https://reddit.com/r/delta/comments/..._do_better_fc/

So it looks like not every flight out of Austin is getting sad boxes. Delta must’ve kept their contract with the catering services there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.