Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2022, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: xliioper
Link to International D1 Menus: https://deltaone.mydeltamenu.com/BOS-LHR/ (replace airport codes as appropriate)
Link to Domestic D1 Menus: https://pc2c.mydeltamenu.com/SEA-JFK/

Link to Delta Premium Select menus:
https://dps.mydeltamenu.com/SEA-ICN/
(replace airport codes as appropriate)

Current 2022 First Class meal service status -- [NOTE - all D1 flights, domestic and international, receive hot meal service]. FC meal service consists of plated meals (including hot options) between hubs and to/from most larger stations (exception stations listed below only receive cold meal box options) on flights over 900 miles which depart before 9PM (scheduled). Pre-selection is available on routes with plated meal offerings, while it is not available on cold meal box routes. In addition, flights over 2300 miles will receive meal service in FC for departures after 9PM. Snack boxes are generally offered on redeye flights under 2300 miles. Meal service is not provided on flights under 900 miles.

Current exception stations where only cold meal boxes (with no pre-selection) are offered in FC on 900+ mile flights (both to and from station):
ABQ, AUA, EGE, ELP, EYW, GEG, IAD, JAC, MCI, OAK, PLS, PSC, PUJ, SAT, TUS, YYZ, YUL, YVR

Click here for the 2017 version of this thread.

Click here for the 2018/2019 version of this thread.

Click Here for the 2020 (Prior to COVID) Version of this thread

2020/Early 2021 - COVID Inflight Version of this Thread

​​​​Click Here for the 2021 Version of this thread

Print Wikipost

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2022, 12:53 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA
Originally Posted by Pianoman109876
this is an economy meal on real plates. What a joke.
Sir, I knew economy. Economy was a friend of mine. Sir, that's no meal in economy.
Old Jan 9, 2022, 2:35 am

Originally Posted by MarkCron
smoked salmon sandwich box, granola/yogurt box, charcuturie box
Great I'm going to smell like a......well you know. I better bring my own foods if this is what I'll get
N830MH and TastyPlaneEats like this.
Old Jan 9, 2022, 7:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by Milesaway76
Great I'm going to smell like a......well you know. I better bring my own foods if this is what I'll get
That’s very good idea. You can bring your own foods. You can go to concessions.
Old Jan 9, 2022, 7:48 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles | Platinum
Originally Posted by FC flyer
I was told by a flight attendant that hot food is returning in February
DETAILS on your conversation, please!!
Old Jan 9, 2022, 3:25 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
Meanwhile at Alaska, flight attendants complain about having to offer inflight service, management caves and gets rid of meals for purchase on midcons and second drink service /preorder coach meals on Hawaii/transcons.

https://www.paddleyourownkanoo.com/2...dant-backlash/
Old Jan 9, 2022, 6:39 pm

Programs: AA PLT 3MM, DL PM 2MM
Were beverages in glass or plastic????
Old Jan 9, 2022, 11:53 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Hilton Honors Gold, All on my own dime.

DL73 AMS-ATL Delta One: tomato basil soup finished with herb oil (pretty good and arrived hot); baby gem and arugula salad with cucs, radishes, and raspberry date pumpkin dressing (boring, but most airline salads are). Entree was beef tenderloin (nice med-rare) with port wine sauce, potato gratin, and wild mushrooms, served with a (stale) buckwheat roll with butter; salted caramel ice cream. The meal was decent and filling.
Old Jan 10, 2022, 1:44 pm

Programs: DL PM, BA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Radisson Premium, Global Entry, CLEAR

1/9/2022, DL1375, SAN-ATL, smoked salmon salad, while it is definitely subpar to the competition I actually did find this sad box to be tasty and would get it again. I'll also say that the service I received on this flight was fantastic, FAs were greeting FC pax by last name, did the service very efficiently, and were always in the aisle offering drink refills and making rounds with the snack basket multiple times after the sad box service. All in all great flight.

Last edited by coke cans and winglets; Jan 10, 2022 at 1:53 pm Reason: Added bit about service
Old Jan 10, 2022, 2:26 pm

Programs: DL PM, BA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Radisson Premium, Global Entry, CLEAR

1/9/2022, DL1375, SAN-ATL, smoked salmon salad, while it is definitely subpar to the competition I actually did find this sad box to be tasty and would get it again. I'll also say that the service I received on this flight was fantastic, FAs were greeting FC pax by last name, did the service very efficiently, and were always in the aisle offering drink refills and making rounds with the snack basket multiple times after the sad box service. All in all great flight. (Originally posted in 2021 thread, didn't think to check for a 2022 one, oops)
Old Jan 10, 2022, 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by Pianoman109876
this is an economy meal on real plates. What a joke.
I'd love to know who you're flying economy on.
Old Jan 10, 2022, 5:44 pm

Originally Posted by DLASflyer
Meanwhile at Alaska, flight attendants complain about having to offer inflight service, management caves and gets rid of meals for purchase on midcons and second drink service /preorder coach meals on Hawaii/transcons.

https://www.paddleyourownkanoo.com/2...dant-backlash/
This is ridiculous, gotta love pulling COVID as an excuse to be lazy, it is next to impossible to even catch it on a plane...
TastyPlaneEats likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2022, 6:15 pm

Originally Posted by coke cans and winglets
This is ridiculous, gotta love pulling COVID as an excuse to be lazy, it is next to impossible to even catch it on a plane...
I'd like to know if the Alaska fa's are going to be taking a pay cut since they are reducing work loads? I work in customer service and I am so over these idiots freaking out. If you are that worried about covid, stay your butt at home! Let the rest of us live our lives!
Old Jan 10, 2022, 6:19 pm

Programs: DL Gold
I watched a Youtube trip report on an AC flight YHZ-YYZ the other day, and on this not-that-long noontime flight AC served a choice of hot lunches, on real dinnerware, with real cutlery, with drinks in real glasses. Imagine that!
Old Jan 10, 2022, 6:25 pm

Programs: DL Gold

1/9/2022, DL1375, SAN-ATL, smoked salmon salad, while it is definitely subpar to the competition I actually did find this sad box to be tasty and would get it again. I'll also say that the service I received on this flight was fantastic, FAs were greeting FC pax by last name, did the service very efficiently, and were always in the aisle offering drink refills and making rounds with the snack basket multiple times after the sad box service. All in all great flight. (Originally posted in 2021 thread, didn't think to check for a 2022 one, oops)
I'd be overjoyed if I had something like that on my normal DTW-PHL and DTW-PVD routes, but for SAN-ATL it really is sad.
Old Jan 10, 2022, 7:21 pm

Can someone explain what the sad boxes are? Is this similar to the snack boxes but un sadder? If that's possible.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.