Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2022, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: xliioper
Link to International D1 Menus: https://deltaone.mydeltamenu.com/BOS-LHR/ (replace airport codes as appropriate)
Link to Domestic D1 Menus: https://pc2c.mydeltamenu.com/SEA-JFK/

Link to Delta Premium Select menus:
https://dps.mydeltamenu.com/SEA-ICN/
(replace airport codes as appropriate)

Current 2022 First Class meal service status -- [NOTE - all D1 flights, domestic and international, receive hot meal service]. FC meal service consists of plated meals (including hot options) between hubs and to/from most larger stations (exception stations listed below only receive cold meal box options) on flights over 900 miles which depart before 9PM (scheduled). Pre-selection is available on routes with plated meal offerings, while it is not available on cold meal box routes. In addition, flights over 2300 miles will receive meal service in FC for departures after 9PM. Snack boxes are generally offered on redeye flights under 2300 miles. Meal service is not provided on flights under 900 miles.

Current exception stations where only cold meal boxes (with no pre-selection) are offered in FC on 900+ mile flights (both to and from station):
ABQ, AUA, EGE, ELP, EYW, GEG, IAD, JAC, MCI, OAK, PLS, PSC, PUJ, SAT, TUS, YYZ, YUL, YVR

Click here for the 2017 version of this thread.

Click here for the 2018/2019 version of this thread.

Click Here for the 2020 (Prior to COVID) Version of this thread

2020/Early 2021 - COVID Inflight Version of this Thread

​​​​Click Here for the 2021 Version of this thread

Print Wikipost

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2022, 3:21 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by kochleffel
I haven't tasted Du Nord vodka. What makes it undrinkable?
think rubbing alcohol with odd fruity overtones. In my opinion, the low end swill they were serving is better. But we can FEEL good at $10 a shot.
cmd320 likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 3:33 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum; Hilton Diamond; Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by bubbashow
https://news.delta.com/hot-meals-and...t-delta-flight

Its soooooo exciting. Canned wine and undrinkable vodka! Keep climbing!

What about bottled wine isn't sustainable? Aren't glass bottles just as recyclable as cans?
FWIW, I have a membership at Imagery - their canned wine blows anything that Delta has been serving in domestic FC out of the water.
demkr likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 3:59 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
Perhaps the most interesting part of that press release is the change in economy snacks. Rold Gold pretzels, almonds, Biscoff or Kate's Real Food dark chocolate cherry bar. Would appear Clif bars and Goldfish are out.

Last edited by DLASflyer; Feb 17, 2022 at 4:05 pm
Old Feb 17, 2022, 5:46 pm

Programs: DL, UA, AA
Originally Posted by Pianoman109876
FWIW, I have a membership at Imagery - their canned wine blows anything that Delta has been serving in domestic FC out of the water.
I'm certainly willing to try it, then.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 6:24 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Originally Posted by Pianoman109876
i agree. It was truly good. Enjoyed it
Old Feb 17, 2022, 6:49 pm

Programs: DL (former NWA) PM
Inedible First Class Meal LAX-HNL

Described as chicken salad. Looks like Delta has run out of the box tops. Embarrassing.

[img]blob:https://www.flyertalk.com/7362a156-a8ba-47f8-9b8d-89caed83baa7[/img]
Old Feb 17, 2022, 7:31 pm

Programs: Days of Our Lives, General Hospital
Originally Posted by bubbashow
as opposed to glassware or hard plastic dishware that's all washable, totally reusable, and can be sourced from recycled materials.

But who needs niceties and actual desirable service when we can be woke?

Maybe in international main cabin, the flight attendants can use a bamboo ladle to just scoop food directly into customers mouths. That'll really empty the landfills.
I was referring to the place mats, which contribute very little to the experience. I don't really see the point of bamboo (or wood) flatware, unless it will be composted, which I doubt. I do want to see less throwaway plastic, but things that will be washed and reused are better.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 8:56 pm

Originally Posted by Duke787
Pre-order options for JFK - SFO next week (D1). Any thoughts? I'm inclined to go short ribs but the gemelli sounds intriguing. I also have never had impossible meat (of any kind) so maybe a low-risk way to try:

Out of these, which one would be most kid friendly? Delta doesn't do kid special meals unfortunately...
Old Feb 18, 2022, 5:09 am

I would say Short Rib is probably most kid friendly
Old Feb 18, 2022, 7:32 am

Has anyone tried the smoked gouda frittata or breakfast burrito on JFK-SEA?
Old Feb 18, 2022, 7:52 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles | Platinum
This is fantastic news! However, it's looking like the rollout will likely be as haphazard as last summer's box meal disaster. I'm flying a 1,500+ mile route towards the end of March so I'm crossing my fingers these enhancements are loaded on my flight.

MSP-SFO - SFO has had D1 catering in place since last year, so I'm hopeful this is an easy route for Delta to enhance Domestic FC.
Old Feb 18, 2022, 11:17 am

I had the breakfast burrito on that same route in December and it was delicious. Probably one of the best breakfast options out there right now (though I wish I had a small bottle of hot sauce).
Old Feb 18, 2022, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Minnyappleus
This is fantastic news! However, it's looking like the rollout will likely be as haphazard as last summer's box meal disaster. I'm flying a 1,500+ mile route towards the end of March so I'm crossing my fingers these enhancements are loaded on my flight.

MSP-SFO - SFO has had D1 catering in place since last year, so I'm hopeful this is an easy route for Delta to enhance Domestic FC.
Meal box rollouts started on 1500+ mile routes first, and MSP-SFO is over 1500 miles so I suspect odds are pretty good it will have it by end of March. Flights between 900 - 1500 miles got meal boxes later with initial <1500 mile routes getting the boxes being hub-to-hub.
Old Feb 18, 2022, 1:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
I hope the old full drink offerings come back soon. Still no Bailey’s in domestic F and the new “Orange Juice” they use looks like it was designed for a elementary school cafeteria with how small the container is.
Old Feb 18, 2022, 2:12 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, DL FO, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5 Whatevers
Delta promising hot meals returning to flights over 900 miles for those in First in March - official press release: https://news.delta.com/hot-meals-and...t-delta-flight

Also sounds like Delta is offering organic snack bars from Kate's Real Foods to those in economy too - dark chocolate almond cherry sounds nice, and I think they're also gluten free. Those snack bars are pretty pricey ($30 for a 12 pack) at retail!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.