Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lost wedding ring

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2021, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by Xeno
My phrase was a euphemism for getting in the house. I guess I deserve this after making such a monumental mistake.
However, I fly tomorrow FCO-ATL-OKC and if anyone has pertinent advice it would be gladly received.
I tried 7 phone numbers today at FCO and nothing worked and my assistant claims that ATL L&F is near the United ticket office rather than in the secure area.
I know at least in CVG if some thing "valuable" is found in the concourse or on a aircraft.....the airport police was called to pick it up with any pertinent information.
Old Oct 5, 2021, 1:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Originally Posted by OHDL1
I know at least in CVG if some thing "valuable" is found in the concourse or on a aircraft.....the airport police was called to pick it up with any pertinent information.
Thanks. I did speak to the ATL airport police yesterday and they were bewildered that I would call them.
Old Oct 6, 2021, 1:12 am
Original Poster

Once at FCO DL called around and said no ring in last 3 weeks.

if I go to ATL E SC will they call ATL L&F?
Old Oct 6, 2021, 3:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Once at FCO DL called around and said no ring in last 3 weeks.

if I go to ATL E SC will they call ATL L&F?
Yes, they'll call. Curious was the box a ring box? Ie it was obvious what was inside? If not it's possible someone thought was trash.

I'm hoping for you that it's hidden somewhere at home. Picked up, set it down somewhere odd and forgotten about.
Old Oct 6, 2021, 4:35 am
Original Poster

It was a box appropriate for ring that made it sit up
Wife has looked around house and not found anything
Old Oct 6, 2021, 4:11 pm
Original Poster

Well, well, well, It was a nightmare getting through the international arrivals here at ATL since everyone went through one lane of precheck, however I finally got the E SC.
An agent at the E SC was able to reach TL L&F. it turns out that E SC did find it and turn it in likely within 24 hours. However, my ring was just sent to the warehouse yesterday as the person from L&F was the one who sent it!!!
I have been calling and not able to get anyone on the phone and updated my claim with DL to not benefit.
I am still quite worried that this will not end well so advice on this scenario would be most appreciated.
wrp96, ekozie and DeepUnderground like this.
Old Oct 6, 2021, 8:37 pm

Programs: DL DM
Sorry to hear it got forwarded on, but at least it was found! Best of luck tracking it down!
Xeno, gretchendz and wrp96 like this.
Old Oct 7, 2021, 6:50 am
Original Poster

So I woke up at home this morning just short of angry at how the system failed me at every turn.
When I first started calling, the DL DM agent would not call the E SC for me, but gave me a general number where I was never able to connect with a human.
I filled out forms for ATL airport + DL, but never heard form a human just auto replies that were supposed to make me thinking they were working to help me.
A later DL DM agent called the E SC for me but that person said no such thing had been found in the E SC.
Despite an accurate description of the case and the ring, the ATL L&F sent the ring on to the warehouse. When I shows up in person at the E SC, a DL agent was able to get an actual human from L&F on the phone and was told she herself forwarded the ring presumably without checking all my online forms.
Now I apparently have no recourse but to rely on those online forms that have failed miserable up to this point. If anyone knows the way forward out of this abyss before the ring is gone forever in 2 weeks, please let me know. My wife and I are both deeply troubled by how the system failed us.\
Edited: I got a live parson from AATC on the phone. They do not have a 'warehouse" so this is all on DL!

Last edited by Xeno; Oct 7, 2021 at 7:07 am
Old Oct 7, 2021, 7:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
So I woke up at home this morning just short of angry at how the system failed me at every turn.
When I first started calling, the DL DM agent would not call the E SC for me, but gave me a general number where I was never able to connect with a human.
I filled out forms for ATL airport + DL, but never heard form a human just auto replies that were supposed to make me thinking they were working to help me.
A later DL DM agent called the E SC for me but that person said no such thing had been found in the E SC.
Despite an accurate description of the case and the ring, the ATL L&F sent the ring on to the warehouse. When I shows up in person at the E SC, a DL agent was able to get an actual human from L&F on the phone and was told she herself forwarded the ring presumably without checking all my online forms.
Now I apparently have no recourse but to rely on those online forms that have failed miserable up to this point. If anyone knows the way forward out of this abyss before the ring is gone forever in 2 weeks, please let me know. My wife and I are both deeply troubled by how the system failed us.\
Edited: I got a live parson from AATC on the phone. They do not have a 'warehouse" so this is all on DL!
Did AATC realize you talking about a third party company? If you just got an operate and not someone in LF they might not understand.
Old Oct 7, 2021, 7:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyerCO
Did AATC realize you talking about a third party company? If you just got an operate and not someone in LF they might not understand.
Thanks, so here is another update.
I called DL and was routed to CS because of an 'open case' which was a complaint form filed days ago about how DL was managing this.
CS said I had to call DL baggage. The DL CS decided to call for me.
The solution? Do not call DL baggage but will out yet another bloody form!! How can that make a difference since I did this last week and a person in DL baggage says she actually saw my ring???
I do not know how to penetrate these walls they have in place.
Old Oct 7, 2021, 7:58 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Thanks, so here is another update.
I called DL and was routed to CS because of an 'open case' which was a complaint form filed days ago about how DL was managing this.
CS said I had to call DL baggage. The DL CS decided to call for me.
The solution? Do not call DL baggage but will out yet another bloody form!! How can that make a difference since I did this last week and a person in DL baggage says she actually saw my ring???
I do not know how to penetrate these walls they have in place.
Do you have a lost and found claim number with DL and one with AATC? If you have one with AATC, and that's where DL is saying your ring is, update your claim with AATC to indicate that you were told it was sent to them on X date.
Old Oct 7, 2021, 8:23 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kipper
Do you have a lost and found claim number with DL and one with AATC? If you have one with AATC, and that's where DL is saying your ring is, update your claim with AATC to indicate that you were told it was sent to them on X date.
It is just the reverse. When in Rome I discovered the ring was missing, a DL DM agent told me to file with AATC and DL.
Only today did it become clear that since the loss was at a DL lounge that AATC was not part of the story. I updated my original DL claim, now 2 or three times, and DL CS instructed me to open yet another claim hoping to get the attention of the DL baggage lost and found department.
Old Oct 7, 2021, 8:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
It is just the reverse. When in Rome I discovered the ring was missing, a DL DM agent told me to file with AATC and DL.
Only today did it become clear that since the loss was at a DL lounge that AATC was not part of the story. I updated my original DL claim, now 2 or three times, and DL CS instructed me to open yet another claim hoping to get the attention of the DL baggage lost and found department.
Have you taken to social media?
Old Oct 7, 2021, 8:53 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kipper
Have you taken to social media?
I did twitter and fb one hour ago.
where else? Instagram help?
Old Oct 7, 2021, 10:13 am

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Hyatt Explorist, Wyndham Diamond
I did twitter and fb one hour ago.
where else? Instagram help?

Sent you a pm
Xeno likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.