Wiki Posts
Search

Lost wedding ring

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2021, 2:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Originally Posted by pgary
Were you told how the ring made it out of your luggage?
As I explained upthread, the ring was not in checked luggage but my rollaboard that I opened while in E SC.
The question for me is why two lounge employees 5 feet from me did not mention the box although someone later turned it in.
The biggest question is what happens to people who lose something of value but did not go through the obstacles I faced.
Old Oct 28, 2021, 7:42 pm

Originally Posted by Xeno
I doubt this would go anywhere, but what happens if I notify local TV stations saying DL refuses to release a wedding ring which they confirmed they have in their possession?
Perhaps I could mention I was on my way to the Vatican to meet with Pope Francis as part of a select group of world faith leaders of all religions working toward COP26? I do have a few photos from Rome that should work well for TV!
Seems like an unnecessary risk for you to take. Although I’m sure you have a good reason for not wearing your/that wedding ring, I can just imagine the media picking up a story about the clergyman who removes his wedding ring when he travels away from his wife as opposed to the Delta story do you want them to publish. My faith in people to do the right thing when their interests diverge from that thing is very low.
Old Oct 28, 2021, 7:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Originally Posted by El Boocho
Seems like an unnecessary risk for you to take. Although I’m sure you have a good reason for not wearing your/that wedding ring, I can just imagine the media picking up a story about the clergyman who removes his ring when he travels away from his wife as opposed to the Delta story do you want them to publish.
Thanks for moralizing a story without knowing the context.
It is asking too much to push me on this, but my wife put it in the case for safekeeping. During the 8+ flights, my ring has come off when sleeping in D1 seat and a FA had to use a flashlight to find it. We have tried to resize the ring, but there are times the ring feels too tight.
And so on as I post for the last time in this thread that has lost its way.
Old Oct 28, 2021, 8:04 pm

Originally Posted by Xeno
Thanks for moralizing a story without knowing the context.
It is asking too much to push me on this, but my wife put it in the case for safekeeping. During the 8+ flights, my ring has come off when sleeping in D1 seat and a FA had to use a flashlight to find it. We have tried to resize the ring, but there are times the ring feels too tight.
And so on as I post for the last time in this thread that has lost its way.
I could give a crap what you do with your finger and ring. Don’t assume I am insinuating you were up to no good. Quite the contrary. I’ve been here long enough to know you have medical issues and this might have been related to that, or something else. IMO the media is as likely to make it into something you don’t want as what you do want.

Glad your ring was found. We have had similar issues with lost items and it takes a dogged persistence to get anything back from the Delta black hole.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.