Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DL In Flight Service Changes during COVID-19 (Consolidated Thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 24, 2020, 6:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: xliioper
**Update 7/21/21 North America, Latin America, and Caribbean***

- 6/15 Hot meal service returns to select D1/FC Transcon flights - JFK-SEA/SFO/LAX + BOS-SEA/LAX
- 6/15 Snack basket returns to select FC/C+/and D1 flights as well as Y Flight Fuel Box sales returning
- 7/28 (limited to SEA/SFO/LAX/SLC to/from hubs/focus cities) Meals on FC flights over 1500 miles departing before 9PM. Meals will likely be cold/uncooked items like salads and sandwiches.
- 8/17 and 8/24 Remaining FC flights over 1500 miles get meals.

- 8/24 hub-to-hub (inc. focus cities) routes between 900 and 1500 miles get meals
- 8/31 full restoration of old meal service standard (meal windows seem to be gone) with all FC flights between 900-1500 miles getting meals
https://news.delta.com/la-chefs-jon-shook-vinny-dotolo-headline-return-fresh-meals-deltas-premium-domestic-cabins

**Update 4/14 North America, Latin America, and Caribbean***

All Cabins, Purell wipe or similar during boarding
Beverages: 7.5oz mini cans: Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Ginger Ale, Tonic, Club, Orange, Cran, Bloody Mary Mix, Coffee Tea, Water.
Spirits: Finlandia Vodka, Jack, Bombay Gin, Woodford, Tip Top Old Fashioned & Margarita, Sweetwater 420 & Hazy IPA, Miller Lite, White/Red/Sparkling Wine

F/C - All Flights - NO PDB OR PRE-SET WATER - Full Beverage Selection, Sweet & Salty Snack
F/C 900+ - Choice of Non-Perishable flight fuel box.
F/C 1500+ - Pre Arrival Second Beverage Service
**you can always request refills**

C+, M/C - < 251 - No Service
C+, M/C
- 251+ - 8oz water, Coffee/Tea, 2 Snacks (Sweet/Salty) C+ Only: Beer/Wine
C+, M/C - 500+ - Full Beverage, 2 Snacks (Sweet/Salty), Ice On Request, C+ Only: Complimentary Spirits
C+, M/C - 1500+ - Pre Arrival Second Beverage Service
**you can always request refills**

Tap To Pay activated on Flight Attendant Devices For Contactless Payments.
*on domestic widebodies D1 gets domestic FC service. A/C that have PS are C+ service and C+ is MC service.*

For your convenience, note that the contents of the Bistro (orange) box are pictured in post #3814 while a detailed list of the contents of the Market (yellow) box is given in post #3471.
Print Wikipost

DL In Flight Service Changes during COVID-19 (Consolidated Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2020, 6:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Lomapaseo
What on earth are you going to do with all those empties?
Throw them away?
Old Jul 18, 2020, 8:57 pm
Suspended

Service on my flight to/from AMS was great. Outbound in J. Cabin half full. Full menu. Choice of red and white wine. Flight attendants pleasant and courteous. Water bottles distributed regularly.
Return in Economy Comfort. Great legroom, I was impressed. Meal was good. Got several rounds of snacks/ice cream. Only 20 of us in an entire widebody. Basically three pax per flight attendant. And again, water bottles distributed regularly.
nwncl likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2020, 5:28 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by Lomapaseo
What on earth are you going to do with all those empties?
Who said they were going to be empty?
cmd320 likes this.
Old Jul 20, 2020, 9:01 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by DLdweeb
Supposedly the recovery in bookings is petering out, business travel is non-existent, and as of 10-1 massive headcount cuts are coming. All this tells me we will probably be dealing with demoralized crews and questionable service for the foreseeable future. I don’t see things changing anytime soon. I do hope I am wrong.
Petering out ... 4.4% less air travelers in the US last week than the week before

Old Jul 20, 2020, 9:09 am

Programs: AS MVPG, DL FO, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5 Whatevers
Originally Posted by Beckles
Petering out ... 4.4% less air travelers in the US last week than the week before

https://twitter.com/Lebeaucarnews/st...98028488482816
Yeah and the future bookings don't look good in the US - down 75-80% YoY after July through the end of the calendar year: https://www.sojern.com/covid-19-insights#report
Old Jul 20, 2020, 11:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Well not surprised since we're out of the July 4th holiday travel period now, so I would expect mid/late july to have less travelers.
Again, with spikes going on around the country particularly in leisure locations that is going to suppress bookings as well.
Old Jul 20, 2020, 12:38 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, Hilton Honors, Amtrak Guest Rewards
As the network carriers fly fuller schedules, that also reduces the number of passengers going through TSA: fewer itineraries with either a carrier change (which in most airports large enough for this to matter means going landside) or a long layover leading people to go landside (fewer passengers (faster security lines), less traffic in most cities, and fewer establishments open airside also decrease the threshold for layover length that people will go landside).

The May/June rebound was a little overstated. Intra-NA traffic touching the US will probably not touch 2019 levels until 2023 at the earliest, IMO.
Old Jul 20, 2020, 2:14 pm

Programs: TK Gold, Etihad Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold.
Flew CDG to ATL today in Delta One.

no menus given... choice was beef, chicken, or pasta.

no TVs working for 9.5 hour flight and the WiFi entertainment was also not working...

The flight attendants were not properly wearing their face masks and most passengers were not either. Cabin was less than half full. I told the purser about the face masks and he was surprised and then I pointed to a flight attendent with their mask on their chin in their aisle with nothing covering their nose and mouth.

I will be writing to delta about these unsafe conditions.

cheers,

Timo
hi55us likes this.
Old Jul 20, 2020, 2:51 pm

Programs: OW/AA, DL, UA; Marriott Titanium
Any experiences on red-eyes?
Any updates on SkyClubs?
(yes, am doing a search )

Arriving to LAX from LHR on VS, then several hours to kill at LAX before a red-eye to ATL.
Old Jul 20, 2020, 2:53 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by timo469

no TVs working for 9.5 hour flight and the WiFi entertainment was also not working...

The flight attendants were not properly wearing their face masks and most passengers were not either. Cabin was less than half full. I told the purser about the face masks and he was surprised and then I pointed to a flight attendent with their mask on their chin in their aisle with nothing covering their nose and mouth.

cheers,

Timo
Wow....
Old Jul 20, 2020, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by skye1
Any experiences on red-eyes?
Any updates on SkyClubs?
(yes, am doing a search )

Arriving to LAX from LHR on VS, then several hours to kill at LAX before a red-eye to ATL.
SkyClub info can be found here.

What information are you looking at for red-eyes? In general it should be similar service to other domestic flights. That's a bear of a routing!
Old Jul 20, 2020, 3:44 pm
formerly wchinchen

Programs: AA CK, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by timo469

cheers,

Timo
No bueno for a transatlantic flight. So would you fly Delta again based on your in-flight services? Did that experience really change who you are going to fly next time?
Old Jul 21, 2020, 8:39 am

Programs: DL DM 2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium/Ambassador Elite , Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond
I was in the flagship ATL SkyClub in B Friday afternoon. Great experience. Full bar service and food was packed individually at the buffet. Clean, quiet and comfortable.

Flew Friday CMH-ATL in first. No alcohol service (under 500 mi). Baggie of water and snacks.

ATL-SMF in first. Snack bag but FA came by at least 5-6 times for beer/wine/water offer.

All in all I was pleased given the circumstances.
Old Jul 21, 2020, 9:15 am

Programs: Delta DM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
Are the tumi amenity kits also being withheld for D1? Recently flew D1 JFK-SEA RT and no amenity kit either way. Can't see how this has to do with COVID safety...
Old Jul 21, 2020, 11:10 am
Suspended

ATL-MEX first

Assuming nothing changes I have a flight ATL-MEX up front in Sept. Am I reading the posts correctly service would be a snack bag and beer, wine and water?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.