Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DL In Flight Service Changes during COVID-19 (Consolidated Thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 24, 2020, 6:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: xliioper
**Update 7/21/21 North America, Latin America, and Caribbean***

- 6/15 Hot meal service returns to select D1/FC Transcon flights - JFK-SEA/SFO/LAX + BOS-SEA/LAX
- 6/15 Snack basket returns to select FC/C+/and D1 flights as well as Y Flight Fuel Box sales returning
- 7/28 (limited to SEA/SFO/LAX/SLC to/from hubs/focus cities) Meals on FC flights over 1500 miles departing before 9PM. Meals will likely be cold/uncooked items like salads and sandwiches.
- 8/17 and 8/24 Remaining FC flights over 1500 miles get meals.

- 8/24 hub-to-hub (inc. focus cities) routes between 900 and 1500 miles get meals
- 8/31 full restoration of old meal service standard (meal windows seem to be gone) with all FC flights between 900-1500 miles getting meals
https://news.delta.com/la-chefs-jon-shook-vinny-dotolo-headline-return-fresh-meals-deltas-premium-domestic-cabins

**Update 4/14 North America, Latin America, and Caribbean***

All Cabins, Purell wipe or similar during boarding
Beverages: 7.5oz mini cans: Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Ginger Ale, Tonic, Club, Orange, Cran, Bloody Mary Mix, Coffee Tea, Water.
Spirits: Finlandia Vodka, Jack, Bombay Gin, Woodford, Tip Top Old Fashioned & Margarita, Sweetwater 420 & Hazy IPA, Miller Lite, White/Red/Sparkling Wine

F/C - All Flights - NO PDB OR PRE-SET WATER - Full Beverage Selection, Sweet & Salty Snack
F/C 900+ - Choice of Non-Perishable flight fuel box.
F/C 1500+ - Pre Arrival Second Beverage Service
**you can always request refills**

C+, M/C - < 251 - No Service
C+, M/C
- 251+ - 8oz water, Coffee/Tea, 2 Snacks (Sweet/Salty) C+ Only: Beer/Wine
C+, M/C - 500+ - Full Beverage, 2 Snacks (Sweet/Salty), Ice On Request, C+ Only: Complimentary Spirits
C+, M/C - 1500+ - Pre Arrival Second Beverage Service
**you can always request refills**

Tap To Pay activated on Flight Attendant Devices For Contactless Payments.
*on domestic widebodies D1 gets domestic FC service. A/C that have PS are C+ service and C+ is MC service.*

For your convenience, note that the contents of the Bistro (orange) box are pictured in post #3814 while a detailed list of the contents of the Market (yellow) box is given in post #3471.
Print Wikipost

DL In Flight Service Changes during COVID-19 (Consolidated Thread)

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2020, 6:41 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Oh good lord. So no eating and drinking onboard or in the sky clubs?
Old May 1, 2020, 6:47 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles KM, Sky Club/Priority Pass, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
Oh good lord. So no eating and drinking onboard or in the sky clubs?
From the linked Delta News Hub article above (bolding mine): "Face coverings will be required starting in the check-in lobby and across Delta touchpoints including Delta Sky Clubs, boarding gate areas, jet bridges and on board the aircraft for the duration of the flight – except during meal service."
Old May 1, 2020, 6:55 pm
Formerly known as scootr29

Will they accept a medical letter that exempts me from a mask because of being claustrophobic?
Old May 1, 2020, 6:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Fly_Delta_Jets
From the linked Delta News Hub article above (bolding mine): "Face coverings will be required starting in the check-in lobby and across Delta touchpoints including Delta Sky Clubs, boarding gate areas, jet bridges and on board the aircraft for the duration of the flight – except during meal service."
There isn't any meal service. Are they going to let is consume any food or drinks we bring with us?
Old May 1, 2020, 8:02 pm
formerly jackvogt

Programs: Delta SkyMiles,
Will they deny me boarding if I don't have a mask?
Old May 1, 2020, 9:03 pm

Originally Posted by jackvogt
Will they deny me boarding if I don't have a mask?
Hopefully they are able to hand out throw away masks to prevent this from happening.
Old May 1, 2020, 9:13 pm

Programs: Delta 360/DM/3MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by SSF556
Will they accept a medical letter that exempts me from a mask because of being claustrophobic?
This is something that a family member was asking about and a very valid question. I also wonder about people that have other health issues where the wearing of a face covering would cause an issue.
Old May 1, 2020, 9:25 pm
Suspended

Then this will also mean THE END of EMOTIONAL SUPPORT ANIMALS. As animals ALSO can be (a)symptomatic and spread the virus. And no way you can force an animal to wear a mask.
Old May 1, 2020, 11:18 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles KM, Sky Club/Priority Pass, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
There isn't any meal service. Are they going to let is consume any food or drinks we bring with us?
There's still meal service on all international routes with D1, and domestic gets the snack bag (Y) or a snack box (F). From the article (bolding mine):
  • Streamlining onboard food and beverage service on all flights and encouraging customers to pack their own food and beverages to decrease touch points
Old May 2, 2020, 7:31 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
Originally Posted by SSF556
Better have that letter exempt Delta from liability when you refuse to put on an oxygen mask too.
Old May 2, 2020, 8:35 am
In memoriam

Programs: DL 2MM, AA MM, DL Sky Club Life, AA Admirals Club Life, Hilton Gold Life
Originally Posted by DLASflyer
Better have that letter exempt Delta from liability when you refuse to put on an oxygen mask too.
but to don an oxygen mask after a decompression is still voluntary as it doesn't affect other passengers (unless you're a pilot? )
Old May 2, 2020, 8:57 am
Formerly known as scootr29

Originally Posted by Dieuwer
Then this will also mean THE END of EMOTIONAL SUPPORT ANIMALS. As animals ALSO can be (a)symptomatic and spread the virus. And no way you can force an animal to wear a mask.
Wait....all the sheep in America are wearing masks.
Old May 2, 2020, 9:01 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
TPG reporting DL surveying customers on in-flight service moving forward.....hopefully people respond that they want it to go back to normal and not this bare bones water only stuff.
Old May 2, 2020, 9:34 am

Programs: DL DM, 1.5 MM; AS MVP Gold 100K; HHonors Diamond; AMEX Platinum
I'm fine with wearing a mask, just bring back the Woodford!
AANYC1981 likes this.
Old May 2, 2020, 10:03 am

Programs: UA 1 MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by DCAhome
I'm fine with wearing a mask, just bring back the Woodford!
Agree. Has anyone actually tried--and succeeded in--a covert BYOM (mini) ecapade inflight? Eg., pick up cup of ice (with lid and straw) at the airport, board, and as soon as you take off, add the Woody and...cheers?

Last edited by artvandalay; May 2, 2020 at 10:51 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.