Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta: Refund/Mileage Redeposit/Cancellation/Rebooking During COVID19

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta: Refund/Mileage Redeposit/Cancellation/Rebooking During COVID19

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2020, 6:42 pm

Originally Posted by amejr999
If it's helpful, I just canceled a domestic award ticket I booked a few months ago for travel in May. No redeposit fee and the miles are back in my account.
Very helpful! Thank you! This option was not available a couple nights back and when I contacted Delta they told me it would be $150 to get my miles back. Just cancelled online and there was no mention of a fee, miles are back in my account. My trip was domestic 3/17 and it says it will automatically refund my Comfort+ upgrade.

Alas, I went to cancel my 4/26 domestic trip and it just keeps erroring out in 2 different browsers, tried on the app but it wanted to charge me the $150. At least I got the March one done. Sounds like they're trying to get their IT up and running for this...

ETA: got my 4/26 award flight cancelled today online. Miles already back in account.

Last edited by 49penguins; Mar 15, 2020 at 12:25 pm
Old Mar 14, 2020, 8:48 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by ElliottMB
Interesting, mine is now showing the full amount two (vs. full amount minus $200 last night). Maybe they are systematically updating them.
Originally Posted by AeRoSpaceman
Same here as well. It is now showing the full amount when yesterday it had the $200 change fee removed. This is smart and will keep the phone lines open for more pressing travelers.
Originally Posted by AeRoSpaceman
We had booked travel in July of 2019 for a cruise that we were supposed to be on tomorrow which we cancelled. At first we (wife and I) were each given an e-cert for the full amount of airfare minus $200 each and were told that the fee would be added back in when we went to rebook (only by calling in). As of yesterday our "wallets" on DL.(com) now have the $200 added back showing the full purchase amount of our tickets. Now to your question and mine is that the cert expires one year from date of purchase. So we have to do "something" with it by July 2020 in a few months. My question is do you have to use it and travel by that date or can it be used to book future travel that has to occur by December 31st 2020 per the waiver? Anyone know the answer to this?
Ditto here--when I cancelled a week ago, I was told that the wallet would reflect the price minus the $200 change fee but by calling they would re-apply the $200 fee. Today, the full ticket value is reflected. This saves the hassle of needing to use the phone to book.

When I spoke with the Delta rep to cancel, he said the travel had to occur within one year of issue.
AeRoSpaceman likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 9:00 pm

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA
Originally Posted by tardyturtle
Ditto here--when I cancelled a week ago, I was told that the wallet would reflect the price minus the $200 change fee but by calling they would re-apply the $200 fee. Today, the full ticket value is reflected. This saves the hassle of needing to use the phone to book.

When I spoke with the Delta rep to cancel, he said the travel had to occur within one year of issue.
Bolding mine. Same thing I was told as well, just asked on Twitter for confirmation of this. I have no clue how long this COVID-19 thing is going to go on. I can try to book us something soon but I don't want to have to deal with cancelling everything again in case the waivers keep being extended..
Old Mar 14, 2020, 9:35 pm

I have a trip booked to go from YQM to MYR in a couple of weeks and I am booked on a non refundable J class fare and I was wondering should I cancel and IF I cancel it will I get refunded my money. But the only thing that I wish delta would do is push the credited travel window to May /June 2021 instead of December 2020. But I am monitoring this very closely and my saying is if the Canada US border is still open I will travel.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 8:53 am

Delta changes, what is so extreme I get a refund?

I've tried to find terms and conditions on the delta.com website but failed.

Situation: I have a 2 hop MSP >> PRG on Delta/KLM leaving Friday March 20. I have already been notified that the Delta TATL has been canceled and I am to wait for a new flight reassignment (nothing yet). I was going for a time sensitive reason and do not wish to reschedule the trip. Ticket was purchase about July 1, 2019 on Delta.com.

When the reroute is eventually posted to my account, is any of these a reason to demand a refund?

1. They will have to add a stop to get me there and back since MSP is no longer taking flights to/from Europe.

2. How much of a delay to the layover or the depart/arrive time is allowed?

3. They may have to switch me to a new airline like Czech.

Also, are the funds for economy comfort on the KLM TATL purchased separately but also thru delta.com refundable?
Old Mar 15, 2020, 9:33 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
The cancellation means that you are entitled to a refund if you wish. That is the case Covid-19 or not. Don't wait, just cancel and then request a refund.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If your flight was cancelled, you should have no problem getting a full refund. AFAIK, DL has not gone draconian-UA where they’ll only give you a credit if they can get you there within 25 hours of your original arrival time (which I think they walked back somewhat after an uproar).
Old Mar 15, 2020, 9:54 am

What about the comfort plus purchased separately? The KLM AMS/ MSP flight hasn’t been cancelled yet but since MSP is not receiving nonstops from Europe it’s inevitable.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
They should refund any extras/upgrades you also purchased since there is a cancellation on part of your itinerary.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 10:21 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
If you purchased the seats as part of your e-ticket, the refund ought to be part of the DL refund. If done separately, you will have to work through KL for the refund.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 10:34 am

No, I purchased the economy comfort thru Delta.com just to somewhat simplify things. Thanks for the info!
Old Mar 15, 2020, 10:53 am
Suspended

Airlines are in a mad dash to grab as much cash as they can to survive the current crisis. I highly doubt they will EVER refund money for a cancelled flight. A voucher, sure. Extend the voucher? Perhaps. But a full refund? No way.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 10:57 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Dieuwer
Airlines are in a mad dash to grab as much cash as they can to survive the current crisis. I highly doubt they will EVER refund money for a cancelled flight. A voucher, sure. Extend the voucher? Perhaps. But a full refund? No way.
A refund will be provided.

Taxpayer bailout will be on the horizon.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 11:00 am

Originally Posted by Dieuwer
I just got a refund Friday for cancelled flights (it hasn't hit my credit card yet, but refunds always take a while).
Old Mar 15, 2020, 11:27 am

Originally Posted by Often1
The cancellation means that you are entitled to a refund if you wish. That is the case Covid-19 or not. Don't wait, just cancel and then request a refund.
I can't get thru on the Delta line nor leave a call back number. I'm hesitant to cancel online since i then incur a $300 x 2 fee that I may or may not get waived later on.
Rbt001 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.