Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Extensive Hold Times during COVID-19 (consolidated thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 26, 2021, 9:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TheLifeOfA_NKCM
Singapore Reservations Line often can be reached with little to no hold time.
+65-6336-3371

Suggestion to use Skype or Google Voice - both offer rates of 1 cent per minute.

Direct line for SINRES stopped working around November 2021.

For travel within 48 hours, see: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/2063929-faster-delta-call-back-number-1-855-548-2505-within-48-hours-departure.html

1 (800) 835-9154 is a number that has worked for many members. It is unknown what specifically this line is used for.

This number also stopped working around March 24, 2022.
Print Wikipost

Delta Extensive Hold Times during COVID-19 (consolidated thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2021, 7:17 pm

Wow - I typicallly don’t fly Delta, but am on a DL flight tomorrow as a result of a cancellation on another airline. I’m calling in to address the resulting issues checking in, and wasn’t even quoted a wait time at the start, but am well over an hour and counting. This thread has me thinking it would easier to drive to the airport. So much for their opportunity to wow a new customer. That said, I guess they did “wow” me, just not in a good way.
ezefllying, SamirD and strickerj like this.
Old Jun 25, 2021, 7:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by BayAreaTrvler
Wow - I typicallly don’t fly Delta, but am on a DL flight tomorrow as a result of a cancellation on another airline. I’m calling in to address the resulting issues checking in, and wasn’t even quoted a wait time at the start, but am well over an hour and counting. This thread has me thinking it would easier to drive to the airport. So much for their opportunity to wow a new customer. That said, I guess they did “wow” me, just not in a good way.
If it’s a time sensitive issue you’re best off calling Singapore. The number is in the wiki.

Otherwise, yeah, welcome to Delta…
SamirD and strickerj like this.
Old Jun 25, 2021, 7:51 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
As Delta likes to say in their marketing "Keep Climbing".

What they don't tell you is that it's their phone wait times that keep climbing, and that they intentionally do not let you do things online that with any other airline you can easily handle yourself without needing to call.
rylan, cmd320, SamirD and 2 others like this.
Old Jun 25, 2021, 8:10 pm

Programs: DL Platinum+1MM, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
I was actually able to get through in 7 minutes a few days ago, by far the fastest for me since before the Virus. There was no callback option offered probably because of the short wait time. That particular call was at about 9 pm Colorado time on a Tuesday, calling in to the standard Delta line (Platinum Medallion here). But the time before that was a little over an hour for a callback.
SamirD likes this.

Last edited by Colomike; Jul 1, 2021 at 11:26 am
Old Jun 26, 2021, 2:26 am

Programs: SPG, AA, United
If it's just a checking in issue, I wouldn't worry about it and handle it at the gate. If it's something timely, I would try an odd hour (like now) or Singapore or the airport as you mentioned.
Old Jun 26, 2021, 7:11 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
DL is the leader by a large margin in making customers wait.

UA is minimal. AA seems to be recovering from the recent problems caused by its pilot shortage and resulting cancels. My experiences as UA 1K is no wait at all and AA EXP is usually no wait, all the way up to 18 minutes last week.

The other advantage offered by UA is a highly functional app that allows you to do things that require an agent with DL and AA. After bailing on UA two years ago due to their new qualification scheme, I now find them the most hassle-free of the three legacies (the onboard service still sucks though).

AA is recovering? LOL.

I think you are not paying attention

https://www.ft.com/content/01c4dd18-...2-a0b086fc92ce
Old Jun 26, 2021, 9:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Orange County Commuter
AA is recovering? LOL.

As stated, I had an 18 minute wait with AA last week. Meanwhile the AA "hold times" thread has dropped to page 3 of the AA forum, with very little activity, unlike this one which has remained consistently on the first page.

Who's not paying attention?

(btw, please don't post links to firewalled articles)
SFO777, cmd320 and FlyDeltaMD88 like this.
Old Jun 26, 2021, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Kacee
As stated, I had an 18 minute wait with AA last week.
Only 12 minutes for a call back this past week for me as a lowly AA Platinum. At least IME, AA offers a call back option all the time, unlike hit or miss DL.
cmd320, SamirD, Kacee and 1 others like this.
Old Jun 26, 2021, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Orange County Commuter
AA is recovering? LOL.
https://www.ft.com/content/01c4dd18-...2-a0b086fc92ce
Paywall - do not click
jamesteroh, cmd320, SamirD and 3 others like this.
Old Jun 26, 2021, 4:35 pm
Suspended

Deleted, started another thread.
SamirD likes this.

Last edited by FlyDeltaMD88; Jun 26, 2021 at 4:44 pm
Old Jun 26, 2021, 6:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
3hr,47m hold time and no call back option???
SamirD likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2021, 7:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
3hr,47m hold time and no call back option???
And that's a major improvement for Delta!
MatthewLAX, RealHJ, cmd320 and 1 others like this.
Old Jun 28, 2021, 10:55 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
DM line quoted 11 minutes, actual callback 9 mins just now (requesting backup flights due to potential misconnect)
SamirD likes this.
Old Jun 28, 2021, 1:22 pm

Programs: DL, UA
a little annoying that my phone number (which is in my SM profile) and which used to automatically identify me as a Medallion member, now doesn't recognize me and you have to enter it in manually (each call!)
SamirD likes this.
Old Jun 28, 2021, 3:25 pm

Programs: DL and UA Kettle +
4 hours 45 minutes no callback option.
SamirD likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.