Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Extensive Hold Times during COVID-19 (consolidated thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 26, 2021, 9:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TheLifeOfA_NKCM
Singapore Reservations Line often can be reached with little to no hold time.
+65-6336-3371

Suggestion to use Skype or Google Voice - both offer rates of 1 cent per minute.

Direct line for SINRES stopped working around November 2021.

For travel within 48 hours, see: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/2063929-faster-delta-call-back-number-1-855-548-2505-within-48-hours-departure.html

1 (800) 835-9154 is a number that has worked for many members. It is unknown what specifically this line is used for.

This number also stopped working around March 24, 2022.
Print Wikipost

Delta Extensive Hold Times during COVID-19 (consolidated thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2021, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
They better get their act together fast, before business travel comes back in earnest. This type of nonsense will send business travelers in search of other options
SamirD likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2021, 11:36 am

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
Originally Posted by GagaPilot
My spouse called this afternoon as a GM and I was shocked to hear the wait time was only 58 minutes! My last few calls to the PM line have been at least 2-3 hour callbacks.

The agent he received was one the best we had talked to since before Covid, and easily took care of a few schedule changes.
I actually was quoted 27 minutes today when I called....almost fell out of my chair. Agent was also great. DL had applied the wrong upgrade certificates to my reservation (used ones with an earlier expiration date). This agent was able to get the ticketing desk to re-open the used certificates and rebook using the correct certificates. After that happened, I completely fell out of my chair
SamirD and GagaPilot like this.
Old Jun 24, 2021, 2:35 pm

I saw some others suggest calling later in the week. Most people with Saturday schedule changes call as soon as they see it which fills up the queues. So I waited to today to call. When they said the hold time would be 3... I was expecting them to follow that with "hours", but then they said "minutes!" Also had a very good agent. 3 minute hold for the PM line and an excellent agent - its a good day!
SamirD likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2021, 2:50 pm

I had to call three times the last few days. because I assumed the wait times were 'Long" and they turned out to be short so the call back came when I couldn't take the call..

Last time was last night and they gave me a 6 minute hold so I waited, Took closer to 15 but still not bad

(7PM eastern)
SamirD likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2021, 3:29 pm
Suspended

Trying to contact them on Twitter and got the same pop up that's been happening since Covid started, maybe they'll actually read the DM though, if not I'll try to call in later.
SamirD likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2021, 3:33 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by FlyDeltaMD88
Trying to contact them on Twitter and got the same pop up that's been happening since Covid started, maybe they'll actually read the DM though, if not I'll try to call in later.
To get Twitter to work, you have to send them a tweet @Delta to which a agent will respond with a link to a DM to continue the conversation in private.
SamirD and FlyDeltaMD88 like this.
Old Jun 24, 2021, 5:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
I booked a flight today and it was showing RUC upgrade was available (I don't know why Delta can't allow you to apply it when you book instead of making you call the diamond desk) and I called the diamond desk and was immediately put through to an agent. This was around 4 pm EST so maybe things are getting better.
SamirD likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2021, 8:36 pm

Programs: DL PM & NRSA, AA Gold, ANA Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National EC Exec, GE, CLEAR
Originally Posted by RealHJ
That explains why the messaging service is absolutely the worst. A rebook due to flight cancellation they simply say "call customer service at 1-800-xxx-xxxx" and instantly close the chat, with no chance for you to respond to (to make sure that you couldn't, they close the session instantly after their initial reply). It seems that their only purpose is to keep asking you every hour or few "do you still need assistance?" and kick you out if you don't promptly reply yes, and otherwise to kick you out of the queue at night each night, and if they can't get rid of you like that despite all their efforts, to respond and say that you need to contact CS for reservation service (and if you do, then CS has no clue why did reservations send you to them and will simply send you back to res.).
Nah that's just the bot trying to make it so that the team can at least get to 1% of the daily support requests.

I still kinda feel like saying I told people so with them bringing on a vendor.

There's no way Delta's going to be able to hire back enough people ON THEIR OWN to get back to normal service levels for the short or medium term without partners --especially if they don't radically increase pay.

Theres gotta be some vendors in there. Despite the breach, I wouldn't be surprised if 24[7]ai was one of them.

At the end of the day though. I'd speculate that we probably have a good 2.5-4 more rocky months ahead of us at minimum. Keep calling Singapore folks.
SamirD likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2021, 8:41 pm
Suspended

Does calling the Singapore number actually work well or do the agents get pissed you are calling from the US to change domestic flights? Just quoted about 2 hours hold time on the phone, still nada from Twitter nor the messaging.
SamirD likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2021, 9:44 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by TheLifeOfA_NKCM
Nah that's just the bot trying to make it so that the team can at least get to 1% of the daily support requests.
If it's a bot, each time it picks a new fake name (quite possibly; in fact, likely) and it takes 6, 8, sometimes easily 12 or more hours, to get a response from it. Must be the world's slowest bot then.
SamirD likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2021, 9:54 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum; Hilton Diamond; Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by FlyDeltaMD88
Does calling the Singapore number actually work well or do the agents get pissed you are calling from the US to change domestic flights? Just quoted about 2 hours hold time on the phone, still nada from Twitter nor the messaging.
no. The trick is though, don’t enter your sky miles number when you call. Otherwise it automatically reroutes you to the US
jamesteroh, cmd320, SamirD and 2 others like this.
Old Jun 24, 2021, 11:19 pm
Suspended

I'm about ready to lose it, Singapore number unfortunately the agents didn't really understand what I was trying to do, Twitter still won't answer and I finally got through to someone on imessenger, but the agent refused to touch my reservation because it was originally a Delta Spirit Pass (employee pass) that I've had changed a couple of times with them with no problems. Basically my last chance is someone in US reservations to pick up and help me out or for Twitter to finally answer back, ugh.

Out of spite I might just cancel it and book my travel with AA using some credits.
SamirD likes this.
Old Jun 25, 2021, 8:40 am

Programs: DL DM / 2MM - Marriott Ambassador
Perhaps, before biz travel comes back, this is a test to see how few people they can manage with and how much business they might lose due to excessive hold times?

Whats the hold time for United, AA, etc?

I think 3 hours for a Diamond, MM is a bit excessive!
SamirD likes this.
Old Jun 25, 2021, 9:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by lucycan
Perhaps, before biz travel comes back, this is a test to see how few people they can manage with and how much business they might lose due to excessive hold times?

Whats the hold time for United, AA, etc?

I think 3 hours for a Diamond, MM is a bit excessive!
DL is the leader by a large margin in making customers wait.

UA is minimal. AA seems to be recovering from the recent problems caused by its pilot shortage and resulting cancels. My experiences as UA 1K is no wait at all and AA EXP is usually no wait, all the way up to 18 minutes last week.

The other advantage offered by UA is a highly functional app that allows you to do things that require an agent with DL and AA. After bailing on UA two years ago due to their new qualification scheme, I now find them the most hassle-free of the three legacies (the onboard service still sucks though).
ezefllying and SamirD like this.
Old Jun 25, 2021, 10:53 am

Originally Posted by Pianoman109876
no. The trick is though, don’t enter your sky miles number when you call. Otherwise it automatically reroutes you to the US
I don’t think this is true. I always enter my DL FF, and I always end up talking to Singapore.

Awesome, professional service too. Every time.
SamirD likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.