Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Excessive Phone Hold Times / Twitter Response Times // The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2019, 12:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM; Marriott Plat; Hilton Honors Gold

I just called into Delta and was told that they would call me back in 49 minutes. I have never had more than a 5 minute wait. What the heck is going on and how on earth is 49 minutes acceptable for a Platinum member? Why on earth do I even try?
Old Jul 19, 2019, 1:32 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by rcurry01
I just called into Delta and was told that they would call me back in 49 minutes. I have never had more than a 5 minute wait. What the heck is going on
Probably still recovering from ATL thunderstorms earlier?

(FlightAware: 50 cancelled, 846 delayed DL mainline flights yesterday)

how on earth is 49 minutes acceptable for a Platinum member? Why on earth do I even try?
​​​​​Obviously you should give up, I mean it's not like there's a good reason
Tine Rod likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 1:41 am

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
In the spirit of leaving a more constructive reply, if you have access to cheap international calling/VOIP/whatever, depending on why you're calling in you can alternatively try the Singapore reservations center +65-6336-3371 (for example Google Fi is 4 cents a minute)
hi55us and bloc0102 like this.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 4:10 am

Programs: DL DM
If it makes you feel any better... Here is a Diamond who was told they would call back within 7 minutes, but actually got the call back after 40 minutes.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 5:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I just called into Delta and was told that they would call me back in 49 minutes. I have never had more than a 5 minute wait. What the heck is going on and how on earth is 49 minutes acceptable for a Platinum member? Why on earth do I even try?
Luckily you can hangup, go on with life and answer the phone when they callback.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 6:00 am

Programs: Delta Plat, one-time United Plat, Amex Plat, Marriott Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, Bus Pass
Imagine how long the wait time must be for non-status pax...
Old Jul 19, 2019, 7:22 am

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by koreanair720
Exactly.....
Old Jul 19, 2019, 7:23 am

You actually WAITED that long? Sorry, but status and making the best use of one's time don't always equate I guess. Then again, maybe they do.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by MonAmQB
If it makes you feel any better... Here is a Diamond who was told they would call back within 7 minutes, but actually got the call back after 40 minutes.
indeed. This is becoming common. I am also finding that Delta appears to be placing overflow Diamond calls into other general call queues and their agents. While they acknowledge Diamond status when they greet you, let’s just say that the general agents lack the finesse and flexible nature of the full time diamond desk agents.
btonkid12345 likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 9:22 am

Programs: 2018: Delta Diamond Medallion, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by koreanair720

My brother (no status, but DL Amex Gold CC holder) had a callback quote of 3 1/2 hours yesterday. Not sure if they ever called back or not.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 9:25 am

Programs: DL PM 2 Mil Miler, HZ PC, Marriott LT TI, AMB, Hilton Diamond
I just called as a PM and waited 3 min.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 9:39 am

Programs: DL Plat
Originally Posted by dafunk10

My brother (no status, but DL Amex Gold CC holder) had a callback quote of 3 1/2 hours yesterday. Not sure if they ever called back or not.
thats shorter than the waits i always had a few years back as a FO
Old Jul 19, 2019, 10:48 am

Programs: 3MM DM, DL Reserve, HH Diamond, Nat Exec Elite, SPG, PC, etc...
Originally Posted by FF524

indeed. This is becoming common. I am also finding that Delta appears to be placing overflow Diamond calls into other general call queues and their agents. While they acknowledge Diamond status when they greet you, let’s just say that the general agents lack the finesse and flexible nature of the full time diamond desk agents.

This x10000. I had some issues earlier leaving BWI Tuesday. The agent I got on the first try couldn't wrap their head around co-terminal SDC for me to fly out of DCA. Lady wanted me to pay the fare difference and a change fee of like $2308.00 and didn't understand why I laughed.

Got a real DM agent on the third try. Taken care of in 45 seconds or so.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 11:00 am

Programs: DL DM, PR, TG, UA, CX (Asia Miles), BT, AY, AA
Originally Posted by Zorak
In the spirit of leaving a more constructive reply, if you have access to cheap international calling/VOIP/whatever, depending on why you're calling in you can alternatively try the Singapore reservations center +65-6336-3371 (for example Google Fi is 4 cents a minute)
At my last job, which was a concierge startup, whenever hold times for the U.S. call center were long, we'd call DL's MNL office (+63 2 841 8800). The hold times were much more reasonable and we got great service, even if they were only open Mondays to Fridays from 8:00 am-6:00 pm.

Yesterday I had a 21-minute wait calling the DM line, so perhaps I should start doing that again whenever this happens, since I usually call in late at night.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 11:04 am

Originally Posted by Akiestar
At my last job, which was a concierge startup, whenever hold times for the U.S. call center were long, we'd call DL's MNL office (+63 2 841 8800). The hold times were much more reasonable and we got great service, even if they were only open Mondays to Fridays from 8:00 am-6:00 pm.
That's one advantage of SINRES that they're open 24h.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.