Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2021, 5:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by jrl767
well that’s not a good way to start the weekend!

sorry to hear that!
I wish I could say alcohol was a factor, but it wasn't.
Old Mar 19, 2021, 8:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by beachmouse
I’m up to see my now fully vaccinated parents for the first time since Christmas 2019 and, why yes my Mom is one of those people who end up with an infinite stash of hotel soaps and such in the guest bath. Found this while getting a washcloth-

I’m enjoying some wine out of an NWA glass I got off EBay last year.
Old Mar 20, 2021, 12:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Do you know what going on the construction at ATL Airport? I don't see any new concourse T extension. Did they start construction? What's going on the parking lots near the terminal?
Old Mar 20, 2021, 6:07 am

Programs: In 2023? Does it matter? SPG/Marriott: Plat; DL: Plat; B6: Mosaic
Happy SAT turday. Sorry I've been MIA this past week...my back decided to institute a stay-at-home order, while the rest of my limbs are just fine. Lots of pain meds, heating blankets and napping this week (I took a 6 hour midday nap Thursday like it was nothing). Yesterday, it finally loosened up a bit so that I could stand up for 2 hours at a time. Amazing what massive stress and sitting on your azz for 13 months will do to a body. Now I just have a different way of sitting for a few hours a day.

Luckily, Dad is home safe and should have his stent surgery scheduled by now (at Tampa General). And, I was able to unwrap a sweet outdoor sectional for the new house last weekend, and the 3 out of the 4 contractors are lined up and ready to roll....The electrician, the biggie, starts Monday. Looking like a late June/July 1 move in. FINALLY Getting to the fun stuff of rugs, paint and furniture. Always fun to do this while on vicodin...feel a little spaced out....but oh well, fewer carbs than beer, right?

Last edited by navi_jen; Mar 20, 2021 at 6:16 am
Old Mar 20, 2021, 12:12 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Could your back pain be a side effect of the COVID-19 vaccine?
Old Mar 20, 2021, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
thanks for the update, navi_jen ... hope your back gets to feeling better and that your dad has an uneventful procedure and recovery

in Seattle news, Mrs767 and I are getting our second doses (Pfizer) in about two hours ... we are considering a visit to our friends at Scratch Distillery to celebrate shots with shots 🥃
GrjApp likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2021, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L

From closest to furthest: Reuben's Pilsner, Fremont Space Danger (my new second favorite IPA), Mac & Jacks, and Bodhizafa.

Family vacation!

-J.
navi_jen, beachmouse and Zorak like this.
Old Mar 20, 2021, 5:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Those are from the N boardroom yesterday and then my connecting flight.

-J.
Old Mar 21, 2021, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

As seen on Facebook... why wear a mask when you can just use a bag?

-J.
Old Mar 21, 2021, 6:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
lazy day of watching basketball here in Seattle ... so far not much to report in the way of reactions beyond some achy arms and general lethargy

Mrs767 found this on one of her crafts group pages

I asked “Was she the sole owner?” but haven’t yet received a reply
Old Mar 21, 2021, 7:22 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester

Seems like she wasn't too pumped about that joke.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2021, 7:30 pm

lazy day of watching basketball here in Seattle ... so far not much to report in the way of reactions beyond some achy arms and general lethargy

LOL
Old Mar 21, 2021, 7:39 pm

We finished out the ale trail today. between that and the beer share last night, I'm good for a while on beer. I was disappointed at Mellow Mink, as they had numerous "guest taps" and not much focus on their own beers.

ABC Flight 1

ABC Flight 2

Beer Brats and Pierogies

Dead soldiers at Mellow Mink
Zorak likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2021, 7:54 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Zorak
Seems like she wasn't too pumped about that joke.
I don't see any dogs heeling, so I wonder whether it will last.
Old Mar 22, 2021, 5:19 pm

Programs: In 2023? Does it matter? SPG/Marriott: Plat; DL: Plat; B6: Mosaic
thanks for the update, navi_jen ... hope your back gets to feeling better and that your dad has an uneventful procedure and recovery

in Seattle news, Mrs767 and I are getting our second doses (Pfizer) in about two hours ... we are considering a visit to our friends at Scratch Distillery to celebrate shots with shots 🥃
Yay Vaccine! And sorry Kipper about your hand, hope you are on the mend.

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Could your back pain be a side effect of the COVID-19 vaccine?
No, it's these stupid loveseats I inherited from my Mom. They are lovely to curl up and read the paper in the morning...but not so good when one tries to actually use them as a lie-flat couch...which is what I tried to do this weekend...I torqued myself, unfortunately. It happens everyone once in a while.

Wow...you know what's really funny? I don't recall a word nor writing that previous post about my back. I have a very low threshold for mind and body altering substances! Good news is that my back is starting to loosen up and I've downgraded to 1 Ativan a day and am able to move about for a couple of hours at a stretch. And I've realized my $300 Costco foam mattress is better for my back and neck than my $2k organic hand made mattress set. Oye Vey.

Bad news is they started the electrical work today....and the 1 junction box with the crappy wiring controls about 80% of the house wiring. Scope just increased big time. Ouch. Oh well, more than I wanted to spend, but amortized over 20 years, it's not too bad. And, I'll sleep better knowing I'm not surrounded by 70-90 year old wiring.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.