Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2021, 9:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
PA is a disaster when it comes to the vaccine rollout. They are considering just opening eligibility to all 16+, even though many in 1A still have yet to be able to schedule an appointment for a vaccination.
Old Mar 30, 2021, 5:16 am

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Originally Posted by jrl767
jeez that’s crazy ... WA expanded eligibility opens Wed, but mainly occupation-related (son qualifies by virtue of being in manufacturing — needless to say, he’s QUITE happy about that development)

”product-shopping” is ridiculous beyond words

not gonna go toward OMNI-land with more; people should just be thankful for greater availability of ANY product
You are so right, it's crazy.

I was even thinking of a vaccine DO.
Old Mar 30, 2021, 5:56 am

I posted these in the pets thread, but figured I'd share for those who don't venture to OMNI. Grace has been at her kennel since last Tuesday, and I'm headed to pick her up in a few minutes. They placed her next to Diego because they both tend to be a little shy and reserved.

Diego, Gracie's friend

That's hilarious!

Teefers!
navi_jen, Zorak and ATOBTTR like this.
Old Mar 30, 2021, 11:59 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Are there puppies in your future?
Old Mar 30, 2021, 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Are there puppies in your future?
No, Grace is spayed, and I don't deal with puppies for more than a few days at a time.
Old Mar 30, 2021, 1:18 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Grace and her friend look like they're having fun together! Happy Twos-day.
Old Mar 30, 2021, 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by mattp1987
Grace and her friend look like they're having fun together! Happy Twos-day.
They did. She's been sleeping much of today.

I'm probably going to print out the photo of her laughing and frame it.
navi_jen likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2021, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Got my first dose of the COVID vaccine today. Glad I opted out of Air Force PT afterward because my arm is already fairly sore even just 2-3 hours after the shot. The back 9 nine would’ve been pretty rough, especially since the thick grass is where I spend a lot of my time. That said, at least new equipment for Air Force PT in the form of a new putter arrived today.
navi_jen likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2021, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
esp since you refer to it as “the back 9 nine”
Old Mar 30, 2021, 2:35 pm

esp since you refer to it as “the back 9 nine”
I believe the back 9 nine is when you drink a beer on each hole. I didn't sleep all that well last night due to my arm being sore, but it's been feeling better since getting up and moving around. In some ways I'm glad it was sore because at first I could have been convinced I didn't even get a shot.
ATOBTTR likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2021, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
being that I only play golf backwards, I can't attest to the veracity of your comment (but based on the number of golfers I know -- both current and former AF as well as many who never wore a uniform -- it's probably pretty accurate
Old Mar 30, 2021, 5:56 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Originally Posted by SuperG1955
Now people here are product shopping, "I want xxxxx, where can I get it? Where xxxxx is Pfizer, Moderna or J&J.
”product-shopping” is ridiculous beyond words
While I suspect most people are "omg the news said it's the best/worst", there are some legit reasons to know which product you're getting, for example allergies to components used in certain types of vaccines. I also know some people are seeking out J&J because they don't want to deal with a return visit.

Anyway, back off topic (since it is the lounge), I just logged into delta.com for the first time in about a year. Incredibly, I still knew my SM # without looking it up, and I almost got my password right!

Probably still about 3 months away from setting foot on a plane for various logistical reasons.
BenA likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2021, 10:26 pm

Programs: In 2023? Does it matter? SPG/Marriott: Plat; DL: Plat; B6: Mosaic
Originally Posted by GW McLintock
The housekeeper does not speak English. Tomorrow is gonna be interesting.

-J.
I cannot WAIT to hire a housekeeper. T-3 weeks. I think it's because one of the first jobs I had as a young teenager was cleaning my Mom's company offices (about 30 people) on a weekly basis. If that doesn't turn you off from personal housekeeping, nothing will.

How did it go?

And Bennos is right...sometimes folks shop for valid reasons...I am one of those folks....Given Moderna fares better with those with life threatening allergies (2% v. 4% of P patients who develop post-shot anaphylaxis). Given I've had the experience of having my throat (and eyes) get 1/2 way to swelling shut, it was worth it to me to shop around. Scary shizzle.
SuperG1955 likes this.

Last edited by navi_jen; Mar 31, 2021 at 6:48 am Reason: Fixed typo
Old Mar 31, 2021, 6:42 am

Originally Posted by navi_jen
I cannot WAIT to hire a housekeeper. T-3 weeks. I think it's because one of the first jobs I had as a young teenager was cleaning my Mom's company offices (about 30 people) on a weekly basis. If that doesn't turn you off from personal housekeeping, nothing will.

How did it go?

And Bennos is right...sometimes folks shop for valid reasons...I am one of those folks....Given Moderna fairs better with those with life threatening allergies (2% v. 4% of P patients who develop post-shot anaphylaxis). Given I've had the experience of having my throat (and eyes) get 1/2 way to swelling shut, it was worth it to me to shop around. Scary shizzle.
I kept saying I was going to hire a housekeeper and have kept putting it off. I will be hiring someone to deep clean before we list the house.

I'm not sure if I "shopped around", but I did book and then cancel an appointment an hour away when appointments opened up 3 miles from my house. I was also pleased that it meant switching from Moderna to Pfizer, but that wasn't why I did it. Allergies are definitely a valid reason, and I'm sure there are people for whom the one-and-done J&J shot is better for various reasons.
navi_jen likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2021, 6:44 am

Originally Posted by navi_jen

How did it go?

And Bennos is right...sometimes folks shop for valid reasons...I am one of those folks....Given Moderna fairs better with those with life threatening allergies (2% v. 4% of P patients who develop post-shot anaphylaxis). Given I've had the experience of having my throat (and eyes) get 1/2 way to swelling shut, it was worth it to me to shop around. Scary shizzle.
I adore my housekeeper. She comes in every other week and the house is amazingly clean when she leaves.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.