Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2021, 8:04 am

Programs: In 2023? Does it matter? SPG/Marriott: Plat; DL: Plat; B6: Mosaic
Originally Posted by beachmouse
I’m up to see my now fully vaccinated parents for the first time since Christmas 2019 and, why yes my Mom is one of those people who end up with an infinite stash of hotel soaps and such in the guest bath. Found this while getting a washcloth-
I get this. I have a drawer full of Sheraton mini bath scrubbies...perfect size for travel . It's the only thing I swiped from hotel rooms on a regular basis (and really one of the only redeeming qualities of Sheraton over Westin)
El Boocho likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2021, 8:23 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by navi_jen
I get this. I have a drawer full of Sheraton mini bath scrubbies...perfect size for travel . It's the only thing I swiped from hotel rooms on a regular basis (and really one of the only redeeming qualities of Sheraton over Westin)
I always snagged all of the toiletries because my office collected them for the local homeless shelter. I
Old Mar 18, 2021, 9:33 am

Funny the stuff that pops up. I have a "collection" of business class blankets that we use for picnics, at the park, to cover the white couch when it is raining out side and the dog will make a mess of it, etc. When I used to stay at Ws, I liked pretty much all of their amenities. The hand cream was great. It didn't smell too girly for me and actually worked well.

That's a nice idea for the homeless shelter. I intended to do that at one point and was keeping all the amenity kits to fill with soaps, shampoos, and what not, but then I stopped keeping the toiletries and my stash of little bottles got old so I tossed them.
Old Mar 18, 2021, 9:41 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I donate my excess hotel toiletries (unused and/or sealed of course) and amenity kits to shelters for battered women. They appreciate a tiny bit of luxury during tough times.

A couple times I brought a stash of W stuff to a DO to give away.
Old Mar 18, 2021, 10:03 am

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
That still makes everyone AF, or perhaps, DAF (Dept of the Air Force).
It seems to me that 2 of them are Spaced out.
Old Mar 18, 2021, 12:13 pm

Programs: In 2023? Does it matter? SPG/Marriott: Plat; DL: Plat; B6: Mosaic
Originally Posted by kipper
I always snagged all of the toiletries because my office collected them for the local homeless shelter. I
I always wanted to do this, but after getting caught at Heathrow one too many times with too many liquids in my carry-on, I figured I'd better stop tempting fate....
Old Mar 18, 2021, 12:17 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
We hit 4 different places last night. A friend and I split the flights of 12 beers at Desperate Times.
Desperate times call for desperate measures, or so I've been told.
Old Mar 18, 2021, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by jrl767
if we’re going to be literalists, most if not all are USAF retirees; the two who are still Govt civilian employees are actually U.S. Space Force
So you like to drink with space cadets?
Old Mar 18, 2021, 3:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Hi all,

Sorry that I took too long. We have a crazy weeks! Serial stowaway got arrested again on this Tuesday afternoon. She went to O'Hare airport. She managed escape from Safe Haven. She sneaks out of facility. She was not supposed to be there. She was charged with criminal trespass and felony escape, too. She still have on her ankle monitor. They notify to Chicago Police Department. They were looking for her. I cannot not believe it. She is at it again! She didn't listen to the judge or me. She repeatedly, repeatedly not to go to airports anymore! She cannot leave from facility. She must be secure mental health after she escape from Safe Haven,. She breaks the law. She should be punished. She went to the court yesterday. She is currently being held without bond. She violating her probation. I am big pissed with her again! The judge will be pissed at her again.
Old Mar 18, 2021, 6:26 pm

I always wanted to do this, but after getting caught at Heathrow one too many times with too many liquids in my carry-on, I figured I'd better stop tempting fate....
LOL, I usually threw them in my checked baggage and didn't take them if I only had a carry-on.
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Desperate times call for desperate measures, or so I've been told.
It was a desperate measure.
Old Mar 18, 2021, 11:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L

(on the west coast, still)

-J.
Old Mar 19, 2021, 8:19 am

Originally Posted by GW McLintock

(on the west coast, still)

-J.
I'm slacking apparently!
Old Mar 19, 2021, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
I'm slacking apparently!
After all these weeks, you deserve a day off

Happy FriYAY from somewhere over Wisconsin.

-J.
Old Mar 19, 2021, 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by GW McLintock
After all these weeks, you deserve a day off

Happy FriYAY from somewhere over Wisconsin.

-J.
Thanks. For those who don't venture into OMNI, I took the dogs out, and as we were walking down the driveway, I found a pothole in the gravel. I bruised the palm of one hand, scraped my elbow and knee on the other side of my body, and sprained my shoulder.
Old Mar 19, 2021, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
well that’s not a good way to start the weekend!

sorry to hear that!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.