Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2019, 3:05 pm

A good punster always asks... too soon? Maybe let the fire stop before the jokes start.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 8:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by zitsky
A good punster always asks... too soon? Maybe let the fire stop before the jokes start.
It was her first reaction.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 11:29 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
I was checking my reservation for tomorrow before going to bed, and was slightly annoyed to see my seat assignment changed from 1B to 1A -- WTH? Wondered if I'd been bumped for a 360 or something. But digging into the details, I was pleasantly surprised to see that they'd changed the equipment to a 763. As much as I like the 75S, I also like having a window seat AND direct aisle access too. And judging by the seatmap (insert usual disclaimer) ~4 extra Medallions are going to be happy about the upgauge too.

Out of curiosity I checked FlightStats to see what might've happened to the original aircraft for my flight --looks like it left 8.5 hrs late operating SAN-JFK, oof!

EDIT: and the 0625 departure, which I SDCed off of, switched from a 75S to a 75D/H looks like they "stole" the frame to operate tonight's red-eye after some other swapping.
MSPeconomist likes this.

Last edited by Zorak; Apr 16, 2019 at 3:15 am
Old Apr 16, 2019, 6:05 am

Fire is out at Notre Dame. Now they can assess damage and see how much art and relics were saved. Even surviving art work may have smoke damage.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 6:11 am

Originally Posted by Zorak
I was checking my reservation for tomorrow before going to bed, and was slightly annoyed to see my seat assignment changed from 1B to 1A -- WTH? Wondered if I'd been bumped for a 360 or something. But digging into the details, I was pleasantly surprised to see that they'd changed the equipment to a 763. As much as I like the 75S, I also like having a window seat AND direct aisle access too. And judging by the seatmap (insert usual disclaimer) ~4 extra Medallions are going to be happy about the upgauge too.

Out of curiosity I checked FlightStats to see what might've happened to the original aircraft for my flight --looks like it left 8.5 hrs late operating SAN-JFK, oof!

EDIT: and the 0625 departure, which I SDCed off of, switched from a 75S to a 75D/H looks like they "stole" the frame to operate tonight's red-eye after some other swapping.
Yay! Nice swap!
Old Apr 16, 2019, 7:17 am

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
MAEN!
Originally Posted by kipper
My department admin, in response to the fire at Notre Dame... "Holy smokes!" I may have about choked on my Samoa, and toasted coconut may have gone up my nose.
Well done.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 8:07 am

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Turns out I "know" someone on the early flight (we have a mutual friend but haven't met in person yet) -- said on Facebook they got $500 vouchers.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 9:35 am

Originally Posted by Howste
MAEN!

Well done.
The toasted, shredded coconut hurt a little.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 9:46 am

Morning, Lounge. I forgot to eat my breakfast this morning.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 10:41 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
My department admin, in response to the fire at Notre Dame... "Holy smokes!" I may have about choked on my Samoa, and toasted coconut may have gone up my nose.
My first thought when I saw the picture on TV was "Paris is burning."
Old Apr 16, 2019, 11:12 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Plat, Hertz PC
JFK was a mess yesterday. Already having operational challenges due to 13L-31R being refurbed, but usually that leaves 3 runways to handle traffic. Due to high winds from the West, the tower disallowed use of 4L and 4R. Therefore, all traffic for the entire airport was using 13R. I was on DL2950 JFK-SEA, left the terminal at 6:15pm, finally airborne around 8pm. We used 4L as a parking lot to queue, at one point 24 aircraft in line for departure.
I heard it was much worse for inbound aircraft as they had them just wait at the departure point until after the afternoon rush of departing planes (sounds like it was hours of waiting). Definitely would cause a lot of IRROPS, but glad that worked out to your benefit!
Old Apr 16, 2019, 11:17 am

Originally Posted by pleasantsn
Definitely would cause a lot of IRROPS, but glad that worked out to your benefit!
Now I just have to hope my BWI connecting flight isn't cancelled🤞(it was yesterday...)
Old Apr 16, 2019, 11:41 am

Now I just have to hope my BWI connecting flight isn't cancelled🤞(it was yesterday...)
Good luck! You aren't in the area long, are you? If you are, let's meet up for drinks!
Old Apr 16, 2019, 11:43 am

Good luck! You aren't in the area long, are you? If you are, let's meet up for drinks!
Only a few days on either side of the Danube trip. Any chance you can make DCHH tomorrow?
Old Apr 16, 2019, 11:50 am

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
The toasted, shredded coconut hurt a little.
Sorry, I meant that the Cathedral was well done. Your Samoa was probably medium rare.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.