Community
Wiki Posts
Search

7 days for miles redeposit?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2018, 7:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
Well I logged in this morning and the miles are in my account looks like 7 days really means that's the longest it could take. Next time will try and have the agent simply move the date.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 9:36 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by hi55us
Well I logged in this morning and the miles are in my account
Yay!
Old Aug 15, 2018, 12:39 am

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
My experience is they always tell me it will take days but it's always been completed within 24 hours.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 10:25 am

Originally Posted by flyerCO
Some agents are trained to do it without help. Most yes if want immediate redeposit require putting you on hold and contacting the department. Number of res agents were hired and trained long enough ago to be able to do things agents aren't taught anymore.

Just like sometimes you can get a GA who knows how to pull miles to process a mileage upgrade at the gate.

Not sure what you mean about risk free. Award tickets are covered by the policy. Even tickets booked within 72 hours of departure are covered.
I'm sorry for the confusion. Yes, Award Tickets are covered by RFC, but they aren't processed like a revenue ticket would be. They have to be cancelled and redepsitied instead of voided.

Cancel and redeposit requires non PM and DM to be queued.

It's not a matter of training. Frontline agents CANNOT waive the normal redeposit Dee without queuing the PNR. There's no option to waive the redeposit fee and process it immediately.

The only exception to this is if the frontline agent cancelling is the same as the one who booked it... Then they can void the Award Ticket. But that situation would be exceedingly rare.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 11:28 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by WidgetTravels

It's not a matter of training. Frontline agents CANNOT waive the normal redeposit Dee without queuing the PNR. There's no option to waive the redeposit fee and process it immediately.

Do you mean airport agents when you say frontline agents? Because again, as a GM I have, on multiple occasions, had my miles redeposited immediately by elite line agents.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by jdrtravel
Do you mean airport agents when you say frontline agents? Because again, as a GM I have, on multiple occasions, had my miles redeposited immediately by elite line agents.
No I mean phone agents that take calls from customers.

Now, an agent may call up SkyMiles/SkyMiles Ticketing to get it immediately redeposited, but they themselves have no way to do it.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 1:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
No I mean phone agents that take calls from customers.

Now, an agent may call up SkyMiles/SkyMiles Ticketing to get it immediately redeposited, but they themselves have no way to do it.
They can indeed do it. However these are agents who know how to do things at a level no longer taught. Usually also requiring they operate outside the restraints of the GUI DL imposes nowadays.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 5:42 pm

Originally Posted by flyerCO
They can indeed do it. However these are agents who know how to do things at a level no longer taught. Usually also requiring they operate outside the restraints of the GUI DL imposes nowadays.
Again, it's not a matter of training. Customer facing agents literally do not have the ability to do it. It's not difficult to do, but it's limited to ticketing support or mileage support people, and it's been that way for at least the 8 years I've been an agent.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 6:10 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Again, it's not a matter of training. Customer facing agents literally do not have the ability to do it. It's not difficult to do, but it's limited to ticketing support or mileage support people, and it's been that way for at least the 8 years I've been an agent.

I thought you were a gate agent?
Old Aug 16, 2018, 2:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Just like a gate shouldn't be able to pull miles. Guess what some know how to do it, and have access outside the DL GUI to do it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.