Wiki Posts
Search

DL AMS-IND?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2017, 7:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by kop84
DL runs a seasonal IND/CUN flight so there are at least the facilities for customs there, even if not staffed every day.
Yes, they do. Soon, WN will start direct flight IND-CUN by operated Saturday service only.

Originally Posted by WWads
A TATL flight on Norwegian is more likely I think.
Could be. It will happens. If they have enough aircraft availability. If they will start IND-LGW or someplace else.

Originally Posted by DesertNomad
Meanwhile, DL is mad about the Gulf carriers getting subsidies.
Please don't let Delta upset about Gulf carriers. Leave it that to me.

Originally Posted by TomMM
OP, DL is starting MCO-AMS next year so anything is possible!
Yes, beginning March 26, 2018.

Originally Posted by MIDWESTERNFLYER
Correct, and they planned to add AMS-IND until the merger happened.
Yes, they did. NW flown IND-AMS and they never started.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 7:42 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Correct, and they planned to add AMS-IND until the merger happened.
What year did they announce that? I searched google for it but couldn't find it.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 7:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum Pro, UA Premier Platinum, IHG Platinum Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
What year did they announce that? I searched google for it but couldn't find it.
I don't think it was ever officially announced, but NWA made it public that they were planning on starting the route from IND. I don't have the source on that, and it will be hard to find considering most of the articles from that time are no longer available.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 8:02 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA & AA Peeon, Hilton/Starwood Gold
I don't think it was ever officially announced, but NWA made it public that they were planning on starting the route from IND. I don't have the source on that, and it will be hard to find considering most of the articles from that time are no longer available.
I never saw any articles confirming as much, but I know several NW ticket counter agents and gate agents were discussing this freely among those of us they saw often. I realize this doesn't inspire much confidence as employees aren't always in the know, but many of them still work at IND for DL and I have no reason to think they were stringing us along. There was also talk of moving some of the west-coast traffic from DTW to IND but that never made much sense to me.

At any rate, I found this which is fun to read: http://www.airliners.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=298693. Fun memories from days when SkyTeam had a much larger footprint at IND.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 8:11 pm
Suspended

I think the jet fuel exhaust must be making its way into the terminal at IND and the employees have suffered from long term exposure. First we hear Delta was going to move the CVG hub there, then an AMS flight that there is no record of, and now NW was going to move west coast flights from DTW. Doesn't sound good.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 8:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
It was between 2007 or 2008, but they never started.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 8:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum Pro, UA Premier Platinum, IHG Platinum Elite, Avis Presidents Club
I think the jet fuel exhaust must be making its way into the terminal at IND and the employees have suffered from long term exposure. First we hear Delta was going to move the CVG hub there, then an AMS flight that there is no record of, and now NW was going to move west coast flights from DTW. Doesn't sound good.
Not quite sure where you expect to find articles on all of this, considering websites don't keep articles up from 10+ years ago.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 8:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Not quite sure where you expect to find articles on all of this, considering websites don't keep articles up from 10+ years ago.
WayBack Machine.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 11:44 pm

Programs: DL - PM, (NW - Plat), AA - Gold, Marriott - Plat, Avis - First
Timeout....this whole thread reads like a.net and is basically regurgitating a long-standing rumor from a.net than has only taken on more legs because of all the attention because of BA announcing BNA-LHR. There has been rampant speculation about all these cities claiming and boasting about wanting/deserving/rumored to be getting Trans-Atlantic service.

There is no substancial evidence or rumor out from anywhere credible stating DL is going to add IND-AMS. The recent MCO-AMS rumor only really picked-up steam a few days prior to announcement.

Also, NW ever did officially announce anything regarding IND-AMS service a decade ago. Nothing, again another a.neth rumor/myth that has taken on lore of its own.
NW started to build-up a focus city operation in in IND around 2004/2005 adding service to a whole bunch of domestic markets. Then NW reconfigured 10 752s for TATL service which included BDL-AMS getting service so then the rumors were even more rampant for any city with 757 range to AMS. But nothing ever came of that.

So, no these are just rumors or wishful thinking at this point like they were over a decade ago.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 9:20 am

Programs: Aeroplan, NEXUS
So any word on when we can get an announcement?
Old Aug 24, 2017, 9:23 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by OSSYULYYZ
Sometime between months from now, and never.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 9:24 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by OSSYULYYZ
This thread was nothing more than a rumor/wishful thinking. There is nothing in the works.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 9:58 am
Original Poster

This thread was nothing more than a rumor/wishful thinking. There is nothing in the works.
Yes, it was a rumor, based on state officials and DL employees. Nothing confirmed though...
Old Aug 24, 2017, 10:01 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by WWads
Sometime between months from now, and never.
Not sure what you are on about....
Old Aug 24, 2017, 11:09 am

Programs: DL DM+(segs)/MM, UA Ag, Hilton DM, Marriott Ti (life Pt), TSA Opt-out Platinum
https://web.archive.org/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.