Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DL AMS-IND?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2017, 4:43 pm

Programs: AA, DAL, blah, blah, blah...The usual.
Originally Posted by MIDWESTERNFLYER
https://www.transtats.bts.gov/DL_SelectFields.asp

Pharmaceuticals from Eli Lilly and Roche are currently flown throughout the week from IND-LUX/CDG/STN on FedEx and CargoLux so some of those could be shifted to a DL flight to AMS (similar to RDU).
A bit late to be quoting you....
But I do love seeing that CargoLux 747 fly over my house.
FedEx has started new construction on their ramp too. Methinks IND is finally growing into its large footprint.

Looks like I'm taking my wife to Paris for a holiday weekend.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 5:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum Pro, UA Premier Platinum, IHG Platinum Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by airmotive
A bit late to be quoting you....
But I do love seeing that CargoLux 747 fly over my house.
FedEx has started new construction on their ramp too. Methinks IND is finally growing into its large footprint.

Looks like I'm taking my wife to Paris for a holiday weekend.
With regards to Cargo, GE Aviation has committed to sending cargo on the IND-CDG flight!
Old Sep 15, 2017, 2:00 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by indufan
I don't know if I would really call it a hub for ATA. Yes, you could connect in IND but not many did and by the time ATA was doing that kind of thing much, they were doing it at Midway.

1) ATA was HQ'd in Indy
2) it was listed as a hub by the company
Old Sep 15, 2017, 4:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by SCMConsult
1) ATA was HQ'd in Indy
2) it was listed as a hub by the company
Yeah, I got it. But just because they called it a hub, doesn't make for a real hub. I will stick with my statement, by the time they got to any sort of real hub, they were doing it at MDW. From IND, they basically flew whatever the OD would support and if they happened to pick up a few connecting passengers, then so be it.
IndyHoosier likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.