FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   All suite business class in 2017 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1785016-all-suite-business-class-2017-a.html)

pbarnette Feb 2, 2017 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by javabytes (Post 27856871)
When I think of Suite, I think of SQ, JAL, EK, EY, etc.

By JAL, do you mean the same JAL that calls the same seats DL currently uses (e.g. sans door and without the extra space) "Sky Suites"? Or is it a different JAL? But, yeah, DL is "overly impressed with itself". Right.

Word to the wise: you probably don't want to use, as a counterpoint, an airline that is more guilty of this apparently heinous crime than DL.

javabytes Feb 2, 2017 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by pbarnette (Post 27857133)
By JAL, do you mean the same JAL that calls the same seats DL currently uses (e.g. sans door and without the extra space) "Sky Suites"? Or is it a different JAL? But, yeah, DL is "overly impressed with itself". Right.

Word to the wise: you probably don't want to use, as a counterpoint, an airline that is more guilty of this apparently heinous crime than DL.

Mea culpa. Trying to do too many things at once today. Goes to show what that tiny little word can do in terms of blurring the lines in peoples' heads.

pbarnette Feb 2, 2017 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by javabytes (Post 27857216)
Mea culpa. Trying to do too many things at once today. Goes to show what that tiny little word can do in terms of blurring the lines in peoples' heads.

I don't think it shows that at all.

javabytes Feb 2, 2017 7:57 pm

Originally Posted by pbarnette (Post 27857320)
I don't think it shows that at all.

Now that I've wrapped up my workday, and upon further review, I stand by my original statement... JAL refers to both its JAL Suite (F) and Sky Suite (J) as "suites"; the former is what I had in mind. I have the same issues with JAL categorizing the J seats as "suites" as I do DL.

pbarnette Feb 3, 2017 12:49 am

Originally Posted by javabytes (Post 27858001)
Now that I've wrapped up my workday, and upon further review, I stand by my original statement... JAL refers to both its JAL Suite (F) and Sky Suite (J) as "suites"; the former is what I had in mind. I have the same issues with JAL categorizing the J seats as "suites" as I do DL.

Nobody was confused by JAL's naming convention. Heck, you weren't even aware of it. I mean, where are all the complaints that JAL "promised a suite", but only delivered a bog standard J seat? At least DL gives you a door, something JAL can't manage even in F. This is a non-issue, except in the fevered dreams of a few FTers desperate to complain about anything DL does.

This being the DL forum, folks have to fabricate complaints, and this is just another in a long line. Times like this make it amusing. Predictable, but amusing.