FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   All suite business class in 2017 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1785016-all-suite-business-class-2017-a.html)

morrisunc Aug 18, 16 6:37 pm

Originally Posted by Agremeister (Post 27079890)
DL definitely not pulling any punches with the new product, but I can't deny that the new AA and UA products look pretty good as well.

Ive used the door feature on jetblue a few times and it's useless. The new AA biz seats all have tons of privacy - you have to lean way forward out of your seat to look out and when you do you only see another privacy screen. The only time you dont have privacy is when someone is walking down the isle looking over you. This seat doesn't solve that and I have a feeling the footwells will suck. Plus I just hate pleather in longhall J. I like a lot about Delta, but this is just a marketing scheme....the door is useless and I think the super diamond AA is installing is the best biz seat in the world.

I don't fly UAL often anymore, but I do think the new polais looks pretty good. I especially like the idea of having sit down dining preflight for paid J. East coast to Europe redeye is just too short to waste 2 hours waiting to finish a meal on a plane.

hiima Aug 18, 16 6:40 pm

Originally Posted by morrisunc (Post 27085665)
Ive used the door feature on jetblue a few times and it's useless. The new AA biz seats all have tons of privacy - you have to lean way forward out of your seat to look out and when you do you only see another privacy screen. The only time you dont have privacy is when someone is walking down the isle looking over you. This seat doesn't solve that and I have a feeling the footwells will suck. Plus I just hate pleather in longhall J. I like a lot about Delta, but this is just a marketing scheme....the door is useless and I think the super diamond AA is installing is the best biz seat in the world.

I don't fly UAL often anymore, but I do think the new polais looks pretty good. I especially like the idea of having sit down dining preflight for paid J. East coast to Europe redeye is just too short to waste 2 hours waiting to finish a meal on a plane.

The super diamond seats will be nice. I'm still a big fan of the 77W Cirrus reverse herringbone.

flyerCO Aug 18, 16 8:36 pm

Originally Posted by jimrpa (Post 27084222)

Welcome to the Brave New World of the 321st Century :D

I must be Rip van Winkle if it's the 321st century. Lol. :)

Hopefully by the year 32000 we can fly between galaxies in the time it takes to go JFK-LAX.

jimrpa Aug 18, 16 9:24 pm

Originally Posted by flyerCO (Post 27086063)
I must be Rip van Winkle if it's the 321st century. Lol. :)

Hopefully by the year 32000 we can fly between galaxies in the time it takes to go JFK-LAX.

Not to go too far off topic, but bonus points if anyone remembers the Pan Am shuttle to the Space Station that we were supposed to have by now :mad:

bennos Aug 19, 16 12:07 am

Originally Posted by jimrpa (Post 27084161)
Well, wouldn't 5-6 pairs of seats together be better than the current situation, which is no pairs of seats together? Keep in mind, I don't really "get" all this requirement for "togetherness" that people here seem to demand, but I'm just trying to suggest ways that Delta could accommodate it, that's all.

Agreed it would be better than the 777 seats. The A330 center seats are OK as is... you can slide them forward so you can sort of talk to each other.

I was really comparing against the 763/764 seats (since these are basically bigger versions), where having one console between you isn't that bad (unless your goal is cuddling in flight), but having two consoles would be a far reach.

puddinhead Aug 19, 16 7:57 am

But no shower?

EditingFX Aug 19, 16 8:26 am

And no valet, either. Meh.

Xeno Aug 19, 16 8:33 am

One irony of this announcement is that I have been plotting to get one last ride on the 744 UD one last time regardless of the cost, I am now shifting my attention to trying to find a way to get in this forthcoming D1.

jimrpa Aug 19, 16 10:29 am

Originally Posted by Xeno (Post 27087950)
One irony of this announcement is that I have been plotting to get one last ride on the 744 UD one last time regardless of the cost, I am now shifting my attention to trying to find a way to get in this forthcoming D1.

I'd definitely take the 744. There's no way an essentially updated A300 can compare to a 744 :D

rylan Aug 19, 16 11:18 am

So if you hang your clothes on the outside of the door, will the FA press them for you? :p

jdrtravel Aug 23, 16 4:25 pm

Just returned from doing SEA-AMS r/t on the A330 in J. As much as I like these seats, I don't think they are amazing. There is not really enough room to sleep comfortably, especially if you don't sleep on your back. This is a welcome change and I hope one that we will eventually see fleet wide. On a positive note, the crews and meals were fantastic on both flights.

fly747first Aug 23, 16 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by bennos (Post 27086760)
Agreed it would be better than the 777 seats. The A330 center seats are OK as is... you can slide them forward so you can sort of talk to each other.

I was really comparing against the 763/764 seats (since these are basically bigger versions), where having one console between you isn't that bad (unless your goal is cuddling in flight), but having two consoles would be a far reach.

The DL 777 D1 seats are brutal, hard to believe they offer such a bad hard product to Australia.

Bradhattan Aug 23, 16 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by Xeno (Post 27087950)

EDIT: didn't add content.....

Xeon...are you referring to DL UD specifically? You must know you still have options albeit narrowing on the old (and new apparently) 747 if you take another carrier. I got to fly an old 747 with KLM UD a couple years ago. Really nice nice but bland food. Soon taking a new bird 78H ID -JFK to AKL via ICN on Korean -both flights.....no doors but the staggered suites look nice and secluded!

lamont2718 Aug 23, 16 6:32 pm

Originally Posted by fly747first (Post 27109491)
The DL 777 D1 seats are brutal, hard to believe they offer such a bad hard product to Australia.

US-Australia has historically been an uncompetitive market for hard product. QF primarily uses 2-2-2 layouts in J and even 2-3-2 on its 747s. VA has also used 2-3-2 until recently. While the soft product on those carriers is better than on DL, their hard product is not exactly superior to DL's herringbone configuration with direct aisle access.

Xeno Aug 23, 16 8:22 pm

Originally Posted by Bradhattan (Post 27109500)
EDIT: didn't add content.....

Xeon...are you referring to DL UD specifically? You must know you still have options albeit narrowing on the old (and new apparently) 747 if you take another carrier. I got to fly an old 747 with KLM UD a couple years ago. Really nice nice but bland food. Soon taking a new bird 78H ID -JFK to AKL via ICN on Korean -both flights.....no doors but the staggered suites look nice and secluded!

I have been on a few 747 with different carriers, but I am hungry for one more ride in 73A on DL's UD 744. In fact, one year ago today I took what may turn out to be my last ride. The flight was short (CDG-DTW) and I only slept 1 hour to take advantage of all the benefits.

BTW, that 744 was one of if not the first 744 made and is now in a museum as the captain let me sit in his seat and said that was the final run for that particular 747.