All suite business class in 2017

Old Aug 16, 16, 6:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM, Alaska MVP Gold 75K
All suite business class in 2017

Interesting:
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/21/tr...ghts.html?_r=0

Also, I wish my hair looked as good as the lady in the photo on a long haul flight...or a short haul one...
Old Aug 16, 16, 6:52 am
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
It is all the ME3's fault

Guess DL is starting to feel pressure from foreign airlines, plus Qatar in ATL now, and an airport authority/mayor who is not allowing DL to have the majority in town. (Both were quoted saying they are courting other airlines to ATL, because a world class airport needs options blah blah blah etc)

Its good they are going on the offensive rather then defensive (sooner then later) on enhancements that are positive.
Old Aug 16, 16, 6:54 am

Programs: delta dm
Originally Posted by gleeforglia View Post
Interesting:
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/21/tr...ghts.html?_r=0

Also, I wish my hair looked as good as the lady in the photo on a long haul flight...or a short haul one...
Cool idea for sure. The only hilarious comment was we want to make this as close to flying a peronal jet as possible lol. Not even close. Just stop with the outlandish propoganda statements already.
Old Aug 16, 16, 6:58 am

Programs: delta dm
Originally Posted by vincentharris View Post
It is all the ME3's fault

Guess DL is starting to feel pressure from foreign airlines, plus Qatar in ATL now, and an airport authority/mayor who is not allowing DL to have the majority in town. (Both were quoted saying they are courting other airlines to ATL, because a world class airport needs options blah blah blah etc)

Its good they are going on the offensive rather then defensive (sooner then later) on enhancements that are positive.
I also think its a positive step for delta to up its game finally. I also want the comment "this new cabin will cost the same as the existing D1 cabin" in writing
Old Aug 16, 16, 7:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Why is it called all-Suite? Is DL planning to fly A350 with Suites only? Hard to believe.
Old Aug 16, 16, 7:15 am

Programs: UA 1K, FlyingBlue Gold, Global Entry
Originally Posted by TerryK View Post
Why is it called all-Suite? Is DL planning to fly A350 with Suites only? Hard to believe.
because every business class seat is a suite, hence all-suite business class?
Old Aug 16, 16, 7:23 am

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
I'm very curious to find out if Delta intends to eventually roll the suites out to the A333/A339 and the 764s. The timeline for the A339s is delivery from 2019 forward, so they're a long ways away. And presumably the A333s are still half a decade or more away from an interior refresh. So they could just be sitting on the details otherwise it represents a major shift in Delta strategy, where routes truly become isolated to plane type.

Whatever the case, I highly doubt any of the 763s will see suites.
Old Aug 16, 16, 7:25 am

Very nice! Strange way to (soft) launch it though - via a somewhat vague NYT article. You'd think they'd want to wait and reveal the entire thing at one coordinated event - especially considering that their seats are currently competitive and they don't need to try to delay moves to other J class products.
Old Aug 16, 16, 7:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 1MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC
All-suite in that all of the D1 seats would have this privacy door. Sounds like they are using a different seat configuration that has the door instead of the Thompson Vantage XL seat that was speculated to be on the A350??
Old Aug 16, 16, 7:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 1MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by aa4ever View Post
Very nice! Strange way to (soft) launch it though - via a somewhat vague NYT article. You'd think they'd want to wait and reveal the entire thing at one coordinated event - especially considering that their seats are currently competitive and they don't need to try to delay moves to other J class products.
Yeah if its coming as early as next year with the 350s and with the refurbs to the 777s, then you'd think they would make a big announcement out of it.
Old Aug 16, 16, 7:30 am

Programs: Delta Plat, United Plat, Amex Plat, Hotels.com Gold, Hertz 5 star, WMATA smartrip card
Odd factual error? Says there are only two classes on DL...what about comfort +?
Old Aug 16, 16, 7:51 am
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
Originally Posted by aa4ever View Post
The seats are competitive or the service?

Because one of those 2 is definitely FAR FAR FAR FAR FAR away from reality.
Old Aug 16, 16, 8:02 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
sounds like they're just going to duct-tape a door to the D1 seat.
Old Aug 16, 16, 8:08 am

Originally Posted by vincentharris View Post
The seats are competitive or the service?

Because one of those 2 is definitely FAR FAR FAR FAR FAR away from reality.
The seats!

That said, I think the service is fairly competitive -- for sure with AA/UA, but also with a good chunk of the TATL carriers they compete with. TPAC's a different story.
Old Aug 16, 16, 8:14 am

Programs: Delta DM
This is definitely a positive move - product product, not a price upgrade.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: