FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   All suite business class in 2017 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1785016-all-suite-business-class-2017-a.html)

rylan Aug 16, 16 11:22 am

Well since DL seems to be in love with PVG, I'd expect a PVG route would get the first bird.

WheelsFirst Aug 16, 16 11:22 am

This is still a Vantage seat which is incredibly narrow and uncomfortable compared to the others out there, the door is nice marketing trick but it doesn't mean this is going to be a great product by any means.

edited with info received below, thanks FT

MSPeconomist Aug 16, 16 11:25 am

Many of DL's TPAC routes are under 12 hours, especially from SEA. Also, the current routings tend to rotate the TPAC aircraft on to intraAsia destinations, which are all under 12 hours and at best are D1 light service.

rylan Aug 16, 16 11:25 am

I thought the Vantage XL is several inches wider with more storage and desktop space.

MS02113 Aug 16, 16 11:25 am


Originally Posted by readywhenyouare (Post 27072180)
I hate to say it but United's new Polaris offerings look nicer than this.

How so?

Xeno Aug 16, 16 11:37 am

So if I book LAX-SYD late 2017 or ATL-JNB early 2018, what are the odds that I might enjoy this "all suite business class"?

Longboater Aug 16, 16 11:37 am


Originally Posted by WheelsFirst (Post 27073044)
This is still a Vantage seat which is incredibly narrow and uncomfortable compared to the others out there, the door is nice marketing trick but it doesn't mean this is going to be a great product by any means.

The Vantage XL seat for the A350/777 is about four inches wider than the 767 Vantage seat. This doesn't include additional storage space.

WheelsFirst Aug 16, 16 11:40 am


Originally Posted by Longboater (Post 27073118)
The Vantage XL seat for the A350/777 is about four inches wider than the 767 Vantage seat. This doesn't include additional storage space.

That would make a big difference, I'll edit my post above, nice to see the US airlines stepping it up.

nichojo Aug 16, 16 11:40 am


Originally Posted by Xeno (Post 27073115)
So if I book LAX-SYD late 2017 or ATL-JNB early 2018, what are the odds that I might enjoy this "all suite business class"?

Slim to none.

MSPeconomist Aug 16, 16 11:43 am


Originally Posted by Longboater (Post 27073118)
The Vantage XL seat for the A350/777 is about four inches wider than the 767 Vantage seat. This doesn't include additional storage space.

The picture looks like it must be longer too, in that there's more room in the little aisle between the aisle and the window seat even though if anything the console table looks bigger.

Agremeister Aug 16, 16 11:45 am


Originally Posted by readywhenyouare (Post 27072180)
I hate to say it but United's new Polaris offerings look nicer than this.

I can't say I agree, especially with the info from DL's press release I'd say this looks significantly nicer than the Polaris hard product, though I'd be curious if DL have any soft product upgrades planned. Those Polaris lounges look pretty nice.

Longboater Aug 16, 16 11:50 am


Originally Posted by WheelsFirst (Post 27073134)
That would make a big difference, I'll edit my post above, nice to see the US airlines stepping it up.

If you have some free time, go to the Thompson Aero website and check out the LOPAs for the A350/777 and the 767. It's a very significant difference.

DA201 Aug 16, 16 11:53 am

Very happy they are trying to improve D1. Although the current seats have all aisle access, I often find them in poor condition. To me, the new seats look like EY's J seats on their 77L's but with doors, which isn't bad. However, I am interested to see how these seats will compete with Polaris. I don't want to say which is better before trying both.

Longboater Aug 16, 16 11:57 am


Originally Posted by DA201 (Post 27073198)
Very happy they are trying to improve D1. Although the current seats have all aisle access, I often find them in poor condition. To me, the new seats look like EY's J seats on their 77L's but with doors, which isn't bad. However, I am interested to see how these seats will compete with Polaris. I don't want to say which is better before trying both.

Using dimensions given by UA and Thompson Aero, the new suite product will be 2-3 inches wider than Polaris. Of course, the biggest question is how wide and deep the footwell will be.

Agremeister Aug 16, 16 12:07 pm


Originally Posted by DA201 (Post 27073198)
Very happy they are trying to improve D1. Although the current seats have all aisle access, I often find them in poor condition. To me, the new seats look like EY's J seats on their 77L's but with doors, which isn't bad. However, I am interested to see how these seats will compete with Polaris. I don't want to say which is better before trying both.

Those seats are forward/backwards though. DL's are based on the Vantage XL which is the same seat Qantas and SAS recently installed in A330s and A340s.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 3:54 pm.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.