Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2023, 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by jrl767
this ad is still on the front page when I open the My Skymiles tab in the DL app
And I'm annoyed that I don't live in WA and don't have access to a promo like this.
Old Jan 30, 2023, 3:36 pm

Programs: DL GM, HH Diamond
Flight on time, well late a couple minutes, only had to wait for checked luggage for like 5 minutes MAX.

The complaint is I just got the push notification that my luggage is arriving at Claim 1, two hours after I picked up my luggage.

All other push notifications today were timely. I received the push notification welcoming me to my destination right after I arrived.
strickerj likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2023, 1:58 pm

Programs: DL Platinum 1MM, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Gold
Having to watch the Delta promo on a movie preview and then having to watch it all over again if I choose to watch the movie.
Old Jan 31, 2023, 2:32 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador - Delta Diamond - United Silver - Frontier 100k - Sixt Plat
Annoying to a point that I'm posting it.

I bought a round trip via Delta App from JFK-BLQ business class on AF both ways. I ended up changing my return flight the day prior to a KLM flight then had to change AGAIN but this time Delta Rep had issues so she "Ecredited" me the flight and I just bought a fresh one way back. Turns out Delta turned my original ticket into the one way to BLQ to cost the entire round trip. I called after discovering it a month later and they told me oh they did issue a credit, as a KLM ticket number. Can't be redeemed via delta's app or website and I have to call them to use it. Don't understand how that happened as they said "I booked it with KLM or another third party" yet I only use the Delta app and website.

Now I gotta keep this stupid number handy in my phone to use the credit cause it doesn't exist anywhere else. I tried asking if they would redeem it and reissue it as Delta so I can avoid calling to use it but nothing can be done apparently.
Old Jan 31, 2023, 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by FLYPWM
Having to watch the Delta promo on a movie preview and then having to watch it all over again if I choose to watch the movie.
Can’t you fast forward through the promo? If so, having to do that is probably just as worthy of a rant here.
FLYPWM likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2023, 9:57 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Last night when I exited customs at MSP, there was a big (not the kind for use in the aisle on aircraft) wheelchair parked in the middle of the pathway, only visible right in front of someone exiting customs when the automatic door opens, thereby requiring an immediate halt and attempt to get around it by squeezing through either side with luggage. No wheelchair pusher was in sight and uniformed DL employees just stood there without taking the initiative to move it out of the way. This easily could have caused an injury to one or more arriving passengers, which of course would not be random and pathetic.

In the genuinely random and pathetic category, a few steps further along the international arrivals path, an airport employee was wrangling a bunch of wheeled luggage carts (even through there was an ample supply inside the pre-customs baggage claim area) and managed to completely block access to one elevator. Since that elevator had "arrived", pushing the button did not result in the other elevator being called, so that one had to wait for the employee to move all of the carts before being able to use the elevators to arrivals level. When I did manage to get onto the elevator, it was half-filled with luggage carts.
Old Feb 2, 2023, 9:53 pm

Programs: Delta Death March, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott/Hilton Gold Life
scumbag phone agent

My father diagnosed with Alzheimer's. Had to book trip two weeks out.
Delta system blew up on booking - "Oh no! unable to process online \n#100800_SMR"
After retrying, I ended up with two tickets.

Holding for 15 minutes, the agent hung up on me (after explaining my situation).
No compassion.
CptnInc likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2023, 4:08 am

Programs: DL Skymiles KE Skypass
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Last night when I exited customs at MSP, there was a big (not the kind for use in the aisle on aircraft) wheelchair parked in the middle of the pathway, only visible right in front of someone exiting customs when the automatic door opens, thereby requiring an immediate halt and attempt to get around it by squeezing through either side with luggage. No wheelchair pusher was in sight and uniformed DL employees just stood there without taking the initiative to move it out of the way. This easily could have caused an injury to one or more arriving passengers, which of course would not be random and pathetic.
Was it empty or was there a passenger sitting in it? Did you say something to the uniformed employees? Unless both hands were full, I could have easily pushed it out of the way.
MrHockey likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2023, 11:17 am

Programs: DL GM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by zeke3
Can’t you fast forward through the promo? If so, having to do that is probably just as worthy of a rant here.
Yes you can fast forward.
You are correct having to do so is a valid complaint here.
I would add however that the really pathetic complaint is that I fast forwarded too far and missed the first few seconds of the movie. My flight was too short so I didn't want to fuss around with going back and forward. Then as if to mock me the flight had a mechanical delay so I could have just let the stupid thing play through initially had I known we were going to have a 90 minute delay.
Old Feb 6, 2023, 11:27 am

Programs: Whatever AMEX Plat comes with... I buy on price.. Spirit Big Front Seat, want First/buy First
Latest incident happened on United on Saturday, but has happened on Delta before.... "Due to short duration of the flight, there will be no service in the main cabin." And then spend a full ten minutes making marketing announcements and multiple credit card pitches, walking through the aisles. Except on Saturday someone yelled out from the back "You could have skipped all that s*** and served some water."
Old Feb 6, 2023, 11:35 am

Flying out of a small outstation, when I checked my bag I was given an actual cardstock boarding pass! I was excited, because I hadn't seen one of those in a long time. At the gate, I was upgraded to First Class but they took my cardstock boarding pass and replaced it with a crappy paper one.
Old Feb 6, 2023, 11:39 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by DLHubber
Flying out of a small outstation, when I checked my bag I was given an actual cardstock boarding pass! I was excited, because I hadn't seen one of those in a long time. At the gate, I was upgraded to First Class (yay!) but they took my cardstock boarding pass and replaced it with a crappy paper one (boo!).
should've just shown them your original electronic BP instead of surrendering the physical one
strickerj and DLHubber like this.
Old Feb 6, 2023, 11:40 am

Originally Posted by Zorak
should've just shown them your original electronic BP instead of surrendering the physical one
Man, I didn't even think of that!
Old Feb 7, 2023, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by teddybear99
Was it empty or was there a passenger sitting in it? Did you say something to the uniformed employees? Unless both hands were full, I could have easily pushed it out of the way.
Manual labor? With these freshly manicured hands? Good day to you sir!
GoBob, strickerj, dmarge18 and 1 others like this.
Old Feb 7, 2023, 6:54 pm

Programs: SkyPesos -> MVP Gold 100K
Annoyed at the hand wash water flow on the 739 I'm currently on.
ebayj, strickerj, dmarge18 and 1 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.