Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2022, 8:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM & NRSA, AA Gold, ANA Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National EC Exec, GE, CLEAR
Some people may feel like this isn’t in the original spirit of why I made this thread but idc. I can’t take it anymore.

The G17 MSP Sky Club has been delayed one too many times. I know it’s on the way and will be opening in the Spring, but like an impatient child the day before Christmas, I sorely want it now.

Our lounges suck. The once semi-decent escape lounge is a shadow of its former self. Constantly severely understaffed (literally you could probably walk in grab food, sit and finish eating before anyone would have noticed you were there) and declined from a comprehensive buffet to small inedible plates that have been left on the heat warmer for what feels like multiple hours.

As for the Sky Clubs, the one with history has downgraded the one actually good thing about it (the self serve bar) to a temp bar that’s even outclassed by a pop up in Alaska, while lacking a kitchen.

Meanwhile the big club in F/G has absolutely no privacy. Why ever on gods green earth they thought it was a good idea to get rid of those blue high back chairs in the center of the club and then the loungers (like the ones in TPA) in the windowless former family area is beyond me. Now there’s nowhere to rest/nap and it’s a complete echo chamber.

While this was likely all said before, I can’t help but say it again. Spring 2023, please come now.
ohhleary and Return2flight like this.

Last edited by TheLifeOfA_NKCM; Aug 2, 2022 at 9:03 pm
Old Aug 2, 2022, 8:59 pm

Programs: DL Diamond/1MM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by beachmouse
Someone in Delta IT enjoys taunting us PMs.
Taunting us about the ability to spend an extra 6k MQDs so we can upgrade to PS on 2 round trips !
smartytravel likes this.
Old Aug 2, 2022, 8:59 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum; Hilton Diamond; Marriot Gold
Of all of Delta’s hubs and focus cities, it is easy to say MSP has the worst, overall.
Old Aug 19, 2022, 7:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM & NRSA, AA Gold, ANA Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National EC Exec, GE, CLEAR
It just hit me today that we're six pages away from beating the original AA thread and archive combined.

Whats more random and pathetic than me wanting more posts. Come on people, we've got a board to beat.

In all seriousness and more Delta-related though, I love the new Sky Club in LAX however I have a bone to pick with the showers --no rainfall shower heads.
strickerj, Zorak and Return2flight like this.
Old Aug 21, 2022, 4:51 am

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Hyatt Explorist, Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by Goodoldflyer
I sort of like the music, but couldn't they change it up? After a while, you start to hate it, and want to punch out a Buffalo.

Try listening to that same music for 3hours 41minutes. I did once and I think I went insane.
DCAhome likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2022, 10:09 am
In memoriam

Programs: DL 2MM, AA MM, DL Sky Club Life, AA Admirals Club Life, Hilton Gold Life
Originally Posted by xjaehyun
Try listening to that same music for 3hours 41minutes. I did once and I think I went insane.
agree
Old Aug 21, 2022, 3:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Lomapaseo
agree
I'd rather have horrible music than some useless recording interrupting the music every few minutes to tell me exactly the same information (often that someone is sorry for the unusually long waiting times, but without telling me when it's predicted to be my turn) while on hold. I wish there were a way to mute the phone but still get an audible signal when a person picks up the call.
AeRoSpaceman and strickerj like this.
Old Aug 21, 2022, 6:12 pm

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
..... I wish there were a way to mute the phone but still get an audible signal when a person picks up the call.
Ask and you shall receive if you own a Google Pixel Phone.
https://www.phonearena.com/news/irs-...ature_id142033

As is typical of Google, the company added a sweet and useful new feature for Pixel users with the Pixel 3 or later in the U.S., Australia, and Canada. Called "Hold for Me," this feature allows you to let Google Assistant monitor a call while you are on hold and the Assistant will alert you when a human returns to the line. Personally, I've used this numerous times with my Pixel 6 Pro and it works perfectly.
Hoyaheel likes this.
Old Aug 24, 2022, 6:16 am

Programs: Days of Our Lives, General Hospital
1. Delta sends email exhorting me to check in for today's flight. Then tells me that documents have to be verified by an agent, so I can't check in.

2. And then tells me to be at the airport at least three hours before flight time. The flight is from a small airport with only three commercial departures today, on a CR9. The DL counter might not even be open three hours before the flight.
Old Aug 24, 2022, 6:33 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA
Originally Posted by kochleffel
1. Delta sends email exhorting me to check in for today's flight. Then tells me that documents have to be verified by an agent, so I can't check in.

2. And then tells me to be at the airport at least three hours before flight time. The flight is from a small airport with only three commercial departures today, on a CR9. The DL counter might not even be open three hours before the flight.
Sounds about right. But at least you save time now that you don't have to get a covid test to fly internationally, or upload it to FLYREADY and have THAT be the source of your inability to check in.
strickerj likes this.
Old Aug 24, 2022, 11:10 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
The new safety video is boring and the ‘special effects’ are like from MTV in 1985.
Old Aug 24, 2022, 12:35 pm

Programs: DL Diamond/1MM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by beachmouse
The new safety video is boring and the ‘special effects’ are like from MTV in 1985.
Man, I VAGUELY remember when Delta used to have cheeky safety videos. Forget what that was like. Just tune them out now.
Old Aug 24, 2022, 4:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by dmarge18
Man, I VAGUELY remember when Delta used to have cheeky safety videos. Forget what that was like. Just tune them out now.
The new current and last two just went on and on. I enjoyed them when they were doing funny things/making mini movies. Now it's just a drawn out ad that happens to touch on safety stuff.
Old Aug 24, 2022, 8:41 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by dmarge18
I liked the history of flight attendant uniforms one. The late 60/early 70s had sone out there designs.
Old Aug 25, 2022, 12:36 am

Originally Posted by kochleffel

Small thing in comparison to a lot of stuff but holy f&%k is that annoying.

I swear stuff like that makes me think I'm on the Truman show and someone is just watching me trying to check in when I full well know that I can't.
strickerj likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.