Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2022, 8:44 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by WillBarrett_68
wait are you comparing the skymiles quoted for one flight with the cash payment quoted for a totally different flight on a different day? uh, lol?
I think the point was in the next paragraph...

Originally Posted by beachmouse
I mean when you’re not even hitting the penny per mile mark for an ‘award ticket deal’ your programmers are just trolling me.
... that if you had slight date flexibility then this was under 0.8 cpm redemption.
beachmouse likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2022, 9:24 am

yeah I get that, but that's like saying "lol at paying for a hotel on NYE, when you can book January 4th for half the price, suckers!"
jebr, CptnInc, hhdl and 1 others like this.
Old Dec 8, 2022, 9:36 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by WillBarrett_68
yeah I get that, but that's like saying "lol at paying for a hotel on NYE, when you can book January 4th for half the price, suckers!"
I don't think that analogy works for a couple reasons, but regardless I think we can all agree that the headline here is DL touting 700k pesos as a D1 "deal"
Old Dec 9, 2022, 12:08 pm
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Originally Posted by moko87
Easier to just screen shot your BP
YMMV. I find it much easier to create a PDF which I can rename and easily put in a certain folder than creating a screen shot from a phone and trying to find it later. Paper boarding passes and PDFs for me.
Old Dec 11, 2022, 10:04 am

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
On the A359 fleet the registrations go N501DN - N516DN (except N513DZ), but the next A359 is N517DZ, while N517DN is used for an A321neo instead
strickerj and Sig20jlb like this.
Old Dec 11, 2022, 10:34 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Hilton Honors, Amtrak Guest Rewards
Originally Posted by Zorak
I don't think that analogy works for a couple reasons, but regardless I think we can all agree that the headline here is DL touting 700k pesos as a D1 "deal"
I mean it does underscore the subjectivity of valuation...
Old Dec 11, 2022, 5:11 pm

My contribution - the trail mix dispenser at the Sky Club bar sometimes has way too many raisins in it, and the nut-to-raisin ratio is out of whack. Are we barbarians here?
ebayj, CptnInc, Sig20jlb and 1 others like this.
Old Dec 14, 2022, 8:09 am

I'm sure that bright blue and purple lights are considered super cool-looking and on-brand but they are exactly the wrong color for the start of a redeye where everyone just wants to sleep.

(In fairness I must therefore compliment the crew of a FAI-SLC flight with a midnight departure I took some years ago who thoughtfully kept the cabin a soft orange until they could turn the lights all the way off after takeoff, when we had finally flown far enough south for the sun to set.)
kochleffel and strickerj like this.
Old Dec 14, 2022, 4:28 pm
In memoriam

Programs: DL 2MM, AA MM, DL Sky Club Life, AA Admirals Club Life, Hilton Gold Life
flight attendants that don't supply swizzle sticks with my high balls
CptnInc likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2022, 11:01 pm

Originally Posted by Lomapaseo
Not to worry, one day they will drop and your life will forever change.
ebayj, GoBob, NotHamSarnie and 4 others like this.
Old Dec 15, 2022, 1:27 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA
Originally Posted by Lomapaseo
Wasn't that Mother Nature's job?
GoBob and CptnInc like this.
Old Jan 15, 2023, 5:29 am

Programs: DL LOL, Mosaic, UAL Silver, MR Titanium
The window shades in D1 are [clutches pearls]…… manual.
Old Jan 15, 2023, 8:09 am

Programs: DL Platinum, 1MM
I’m sitting half-way back in the plane in C+ on a window seat waiting to deplane... Passenger sitting on the aisle next to me has every opportunity while F & PS are deplaning to get their things out of the overhead. Instead, waits until it is our row’s turn to deplane before searching through several overheads to find all of their things, holding up the rest of the plane.
Old Jan 15, 2023, 6:17 pm
In memoriam

Programs: DL 2MM, AA MM, DL Sky Club Life, AA Admirals Club Life, Hilton Gold Life
Originally Posted by JojaFlyer
I’m sitting half-way back in the plane in C+ on a window seat waiting to deplane... Passenger sitting on the aisle next to me has every opportunity while F & PS are deplaning to get their things out of the overhead. Instead, waits until it is our row’s turn to deplane before searching through several overheads to find all of their things, holding up the rest of the plane.
yea, I love to fetch my luggage as soon as the F section starts deplaning, that prevents anybody behind me with no luggage jumping in front to catch a close connection

also being of weak stature I often lose control of my overhead luggage and once free it is going to hit the floor or the guys head in front of me
CptnInc likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2023, 1:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
this ad is still on the front page when I open the My Skymiles tab in the DL app
strickerj and Sig20jlb like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.