Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2022, 1:21 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hertz President Circle
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
I hate it when the F snack basket seems like it was just flown in from Antarctica. Frozen chocolate is no good.
Originally Posted by synergistic
Ooooh, I've got one!

Sometimes I'll have a redeye and really be looking forward to leaning up against the window and sleeping the whole way. Then I get upgraded!

There's often a big gap between my seat and the window, preventing me from leaning to the side - and I don't want to be the jerk that reclines my seat fully. Even worse, I 'have' to stay awake until beverages are served, because it makes sleeping fully upright so much more possible.

Sadly, this is an actual complaint of mine - talk about first world problems!
How terrible for you!
Old Oct 15, 2022, 1:42 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hertz President Circle
Johnny Walker Blue.

Originally Posted by kop84
I am not a Scotch aficionado by any means, but some of the issue getting really good Scotch, I'd have to imagine is simple availability, not just cost.

The don't make nearly as much of the really good stuff as they do JW and the like. Factor in the thousands of flights DL has daily and there just might not be enough of it to put on all the planes if DL wants a relatively consistent offering, beyond some of the international flights having a few local offerings.

Just some back of the envelope math on how much of Scotch may be needed
5000~ daily flights x 365 = 1.82M flights per year
1.7 oz per little bottle of booze
5379 oz per US Barrel

If 1 person on every flight of the year has 1 mini bottle it equates to 575 barrels a year I'm going to guess 10 average per flight. Obviously long haul D1 is going to be more, but there are also plenty of CRJ200 flights that are 0.
Are there 5750 Barrels of the same good Scotch available for DL to buy and put into tiny bottles?

No clue what the average number of Scotches consumed per flight is but the rest of the math is pretty sound.
Luftansa has Johnny Walker Blue in FC. Just saying.
Old Oct 15, 2022, 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by pvn
this is not a pathetic thing to complain about.
Amen brother.
Old Oct 15, 2022, 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by skchin
How dare you pick me up in that tiny Porche!?! I prefer the roomier Cadillac Escalade!
Exactly!!
Old Oct 15, 2022, 4:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
people who quote the entirety of a seven-paragraph post only to rebut the OP in seven sentences

or five words

actually, quoting any lengthy post — esp one with photos — in its entirety pretty much any time
Dovster, ebayj, kochleffel and 7 others like this.

Last edited by jrl767; Oct 16, 2022 at 12:01 am Reason: second example
Old Oct 16, 2022, 5:00 am

Programs: communist, liberal and love Campbell's Cream of Chicken Soup
PDBs. Merge thread?
Old Oct 16, 2022, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by jrl767
people who quote the entirety of a seven-paragraph post only to rebut the OP in seven sentences

or five words

actually, quoting any lengthy post — esp one with photos — in its entirety pretty much any time
I agree.

-J.
Old Oct 16, 2022, 4:25 pm
Suspended

Gift bag was a paper bag

I flew Delta on an award ticket. I don’t have status and fly Delta maybe once or so a year.

When I boarded (first class), there was a gift bag on my seat, with a handwritten note thanking me for flying Delta. The gift bag had candy in it.

The gift bag was made of brown paper, like from a grocery store. How cheap. What a terrible first impression in First Class.
Old Oct 16, 2022, 7:28 pm
In memoriam

Programs: DL 2MM, AA MM, DL Sky Club Life, AA Admirals Club Life, Hilton Gold Life
Originally Posted by WeekendTraveler
I flew Delta on an award ticket. I don’t have status and fly Delta maybe once or so a year.

When I boarded (first class), there was a gift bag on my seat, with a handwritten note thanking me for flying Delta. The gift bag had candy in it.

The gift bag was made of brown paper, like from a grocery store. How cheap. What a terrible first impression in First Class.
but did you eat the candy?
Old Oct 16, 2022, 8:44 pm

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
Originally Posted by WeekendTraveler

I suspect that might have been an FA taking their own initiative (bc Halloween is coming?) but again goes to show how no good deed goes unpunished...
MSPeconomist and AeRoSpaceman like this.
Old Oct 17, 2022, 2:20 am

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Originally Posted by truncated
I suspect that might have been an FA taking their own initiative (bc Halloween is coming?) but again goes to show how no good deed goes unpunished...
Uh, everything in this thread is understood to be tongue-in-cheek.
WeekendTraveler likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2022, 5:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Originally Posted by GW McLintock
I agree.
flagged to mods as an egregious effort to pad post count

speaking of “
Old Oct 21, 2022, 1:27 pm

Just spent 20 mins. on phone w DL--about 18 of which were on hold--upgrading a partner longhaul itinerary (Score!).

Problem is now I can't get the snappy hold music outta my head!
Old Oct 21, 2022, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by jrl767
flagged to mods as an egregious effort to pad post count

speaking of “
I just realized I'm guilty of this from last night, and for that I apologize.

-J.
Old Oct 21, 2022, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
It's not easy for crew to move around the cabin to check bin availability while passengers are boarding.
FA on 1548 (1710 departure DCA-ATL, 757) earlier this evening announced “FAs are in the aisles monitoring bin space” and a few minutes later “if you see an open bin on the way to your seat, please put your bag in it”

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.