Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2018, 9:26 am

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG/MR Plat, Kimpton IC, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by meh130
The PREM, SKY, ZONE 1, ZONE 2 boarding designations.

I would prefer the first boarding zone be ZONE 1, the second ZONE 2, etc.

FFs understand this, but occasional flyers do not.

At the very least, go to PREM, SKY, ZONE 3, ZONE 4, etc.
How about switching to animal names where the largest animal goes first. Elephants, then Bison, all the way down to Mice.
strickerj and TheHorta like this.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 9:34 am

Programs: Bellevue Lifetime Premiere Mega Elite Supreme
Once, just once, I’d like Joe Pesci to be a Gate Agent / Announcer and have some Gate Lice walk up during pre-board.

Yeah. Then I can die happy.
tentseller likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 9:49 am

Programs: Delta Silver Medallion, BA Executive Blue, IHG Platinum Elite,Kimpton.
I think this deserves a thread of it's own,but awful food options in Economy or Delta + even on flights longer then 2 hours, though this seems to apply to all American airlines. Those awful snack boxes !!!!

Just flew Aer Lingus LHR-Dub, which is around one hour. Full Irish hot breakfast for sale, and other hot options. Afternoon flights have an amazing chicken and stuffing sandwich on bread that is fresh. And at the same time the crew have time to sell duty free, and all done with a smile.
obscure2k likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by OPENROAD
I think this deserves a thread of it's own,but awful food options in Economy or Delta + even on flights longer then 2 hours, though this seems to apply to all American airlines. Those awful snack boxes !!!!

Just flew Aer Lingus LHR-Dub, which is around one hour. Full Irish hot breakfast for sale, and other hot options. Afternoon flights have an amazing chicken and stuffing sandwich on bread that is fresh. And at the same time the crew have time to sell duty free, and all done with a smile.
Yeah... but every time I say “Aer Lingus” I feel like a dirty old man.
MSPeconomist and strickerj like this.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 10:03 am

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Originally Posted by meh130
The PREM, SKY, ZONE 1, ZONE 2 boarding designations.

I would prefer the first boarding zone be ZONE 1, the second ZONE 2, etc.

FFs understand this, but occasional flyers do not.

At the very least, go to PREM, SKY, ZONE 3, ZONE 4, etc.
American does pretty much what you would like. I prefer it too. There are 9 zones that correlated to F / EXP / P / G / Credit card / economy. a big number goes on the BP, a big number goes on the boarding screen, and ... there are still gate lice and cheaters.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 6:39 pm

Young girl directly beside me in 5A on DL1845 DTW>LAX has her earbuds cranked up so high the front half of the plane can hear the Hippity-Hop she’s playing.

I see hearing loss in her future. And I don’t feel quite so bad for just cutting one loose.

Apologies to my fellow pax. It was a little more potent than I thought, but 5A is now breathing through her pillow.
catmndu and strickerj like this.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 2:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by puck021

How about switching to animal names where the largest animal goes first. Elephants, then Bison, all the way down to Mice.
Is this a typo or do you really mean to stop at mice rather than lice?
Howste and strickerj like this.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 3:04 am

Programs: DL Skymiles KE Skypass
Not flight related, but being election season, the sign pollution in our neighborhood is disgusting. The city has sign codes that state only one sign per candidate can be placed on an individual residential property, as well as commercial properties in the city. There are maybe 25% of homes that have multiple signs from the same candidate on a 15 foot swath of property. Not only that, we have 6 of 7 seats open due to temporary appointments over the last year with all races having more than 2 candidates. You see some houses have 3 or 4 different candidates for the same seat having signs on the same property. I can understand seeing 2 as both adults in the household are voters that may support different candidates, but this is just ridiculous. Code Enforcement doesn't enforce the code because in my opinion, they are afraid to lose their job if an offended candidate is elected. The problem with that is they are Civil Service Employees that are protected as well as we have a City Manager/Commission form of Government which means the only firing of city employees can be done by the City Manager.

BTW, the Candidates are provided with a copy of the regulations when they file with the City Clerk, and have to pay a nominal deposit fee ($150) to the City for illegal sign removal to cover costs of such actions. So, they know the code better than actual homeowners who may not know all the codes.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 3:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by OPENROAD

On a lot of U.S.-carrier narrowbody aircraft the oven count is way down or the ovens are gone entirely. Weight, you know. And minimal FA staffing.
OPENROAD likes this.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 9:15 pm

Programs: DL 4MM; DM
moved to DYKWIA thread.
AANYC1981 likes this.

Last edited by BamaGirl; Oct 14, 2018 at 10:00 pm
Old Oct 17, 2018, 10:28 am

I’m not sure how random or pathetic this seemingly unending train of recent issues is, but Delta are really dropping the ball lately. Typically, I easily overlook things as “stuff happens,” but just how frequent does “stuff” need to be before it becomes a pattern of frustration-inducing events?

I haven’t pressed any of these matters, and I’ve received no voluntary compensation for anything.

1) AMS GUC debacle. Confirmed and ticket reissued in D1. After hours of roller coaster rides with DL/KL, I’m booted to Y.

2) I check 2 roller bags HSV>MSN. Somehow, 1 makes it and the other doesn’t. The missing bag has my CPAP. Bag eventually make it to MSN and is delivered to my hotel at ~0100, so I’m up waiting for it and have to be up in 4 hours

3) SNA > BHM, Tumi roller bag lost, eventually found, $200 bottle of perfume for my wife is broken, after carefully wrapping it in clothes and put in the middle of the bag. Somehow it unwrapped itself and traveled to the side of the case, because there was no TSA notice inside the bag.

4) DTW > LAX. IFE and power down for the entire flight. FA says “use your mobile and Delta Studio.” With a 6 inch screen and no power, that should be fun.

5) LAX > ATL. IFE down, WiFi down.

6) The unending train of $200 change fees I accumulate due to the nature of my business. As a DM who will spend >$70K between myself and my wife in 2018 with DL, how is it that I can’t catch a break on these ridiculous fees? To make matters worse, the >$2,000 in fees I’ll pay this year don’t count toward MQDs, not that I need them, or SMs, and it’s tax-free revenue for DL to boot!

7) I’ve been getting more and more mediocre DM desk agents that are either clueless or don’t seem particularly interested in being helpful, but they sure are willing to slap-on the fees. I’m not sure if this is because there are just too many DMs and too few high-caliber agents to go around, of if I’m having a sting of bad luck lately that revolves around my choice of airline.

8) SC insanity! It’s like the clubs are turning into extended gates where everyone is welcome. Between myriad credit cards, and a half-dozen other means for access, they’re turning into standing-room-only zoos.

9) Wild West boarding. Seriously, DL needs to hire Joe Pesci or Dennis Stansbury to train DL employees on how to manage their boarding process.

And those are just the ones I remember over the last 45 days. There are easily 2-3x that number, but I was never really interested in keeping track until the cadence of issues escalated and I get to literally pay for the privilege of getting my nose rubbed in it.

For the first time, I’m actually considering a switch to AA or UA, which is no small matter for me as I’m so deeply “invested” in Delta with 300K rollover MQMs and all 4x DLAX cards that we put upwards of $1MM in annual spend on.

DL has lost much of its luster lately. I’ve always felt that if you don’t sweat the small stuff and don’t complain, good things will come naturally. Well, that doesn’t appear to be working and all I’m getting in return for my loyalty and silence is... ZILCH!

What would you do / say / expect / ask for?
Old Oct 17, 2018, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TheHorta
What would you do / say / expect / ask for?
Retirement
Old Oct 17, 2018, 10:58 am

Originally Posted by TomMM
Retirement
LOL. Did that once about 10 years ago. Got sucked back in. Shoud’ve stuck with my instincts.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 11:20 am

Programs: Delta Diamond 1MM, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by vincentharris
Claiming this as DL since everybody using south pre check is most likely flying DL.

How hard is it for people to pick up their bin when you get your bags? It usually is pretty bad but today there were 14 so literally it was backed up to where they decide if your bag goes for a second search or not on the machine.

Are people oblivious or just really rude and self centered?
I blame the TSA for half-assing this. I've seen a tray/belt system in some other countries where the empty bins very easily spit into a collector that sucks them down making room for the next ones. The USA bins just get stuck there.

Meanwhile, I have seen MANY times, TSA agents - in fact, clusters of TSA agents - standing around seemingly doing absolutely nothing - except to shout at people to stack up their own bins. Seems like their process and their job to keep the bins organized. I am tired of being shouted and barked at, every time I visit a TSA station, about what can go in the bin, what can't, it is never the same instruction twice, and I fly weekly, I'm FAST, I am faster than ANYONE in that line, I know what I'm doing, and I can't ever win with these people. Four of your TSA people standing around doing nothing while bags pile up for secondary checks....they barely care enough to walk over and look at the bags. YOU go stack the bins, TSA person. It's YOUR rules, you're getting paid to be here, I'm not, and I'm late.

I'm sure this sounds awful to some folks who are naturally docile and perhaps travel in cities where the TSA people are better -- and in cities where the TSA folks are very nice, I *do* stack my own bin and everybody else's too -- but from my experiences at JFK....frustrated to no end.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by marcworld
I'm FAST, I am faster than ANYONE in that line, I know what I'm doing
That sounds like a FT challenge if I ever heard one.
AeRoSpaceman and strickerj like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.