Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2022, 6:13 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by matchbox20_is
When logging into the SkyClub WiFi, the button to accept the terms is dangerously far too close to the link that actually displays the terms.
Man, I was really struggling with this this weekend, kept fat-fingering the "terms" link

Originally Posted by matchbox20_is
It's not really in the spirit of this thread but I don't think it deserves its own.
[...]

I think I can bring this on-topic -- I hate these setups. I feel like I always manage to end up at the station furthest from the belt, then people who came after me get to push their trays in front of mine. And then inevitably the bags come out in a different order than people go through the scanner/metal detector.

As for your dilemma, I would try to gently suggest once or twice to the people in front of you that there are open stations they can use, and if that doesn't get traction, I think you can cut with a clear conscience...
jhartvu likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2022, 9:49 pm

Programs: Whatever AMEX Plat comes with... I buy on price.. Spirit Big Front Seat, want First/buy First
Originally Posted by Zorak

I think I can bring this on-topic -- I hate these setups. I feel like I always manage to end up at the station furthest from the belt, then people who came after me get to push their trays in front of mine. And then inevitably the bags come out in a different order than people go through the scanner/metal detector.

As for your dilemma, I would try to gently suggest once or twice to the people in front of you that there are open stations they can use, and if that doesn't get traction, I think you can cut with a clear conscience...
I worked in airline management at a hub airport for years until not long ago. One of my roles was the liaison with TSA/LEOs/etc. For what it's worth, TSA at that airport HATED these machines with a passion. They were one of the test locations and got them ripped out as soon as they could when complete. To make it work smoothly takes more TSOs for all the reasons you and others have mentioned... directing traffic because for whatever reason it is not intuitive to a lot of people. I always find myself collecting all the empty bins on the other side and stacking so the dang machine can start up again.

Lucky now that my job is work from home and my airport time involves a hub on one end and a small EAS-service airport on the other... where the nice and friendly TSA folks open up for screening just before boarding and even collect the valet tag bags for the airline agent.

In the spirit of this thread, the downside to flying frequently out of a small airport is getting a call on my cell phone an hour to departure from the airline agents asking me when I'll be there since the other handful of pax are checked in. It's a complaint as it's annoying since I know I can't even go through TSA yet and have no checked bag. I'm usually filling up the rental car and phoning the rental company to tell them where I left the car (rental agency is also the loaner department at the local Ford dealer).
Old Nov 28, 2022, 6:01 am

Programs: DL PM, BA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Radisson Premium, Global Entry, CLEAR
Not sure where else to put this, but I was on DL3580 ATL-SBN yesterday morning (operated by SkyWest) and we had an inoperative water system. First time I’ve heard this announcement that stated and I quote “the water system onboard is inoperative meaning the toilets in the lavatories can’t flush, if you need to go, we put water bottles in the lavatory so instead of flushing you can just dump a bottle of water down the toilet.” I was very amused by this but I also had to go about halfway through the flight and it smelled RANCID in there…
Old Nov 28, 2022, 2:29 pm

Programs: DL LOL, Mosaic, UAL Silver, MR Titanium
Do we think that Delta will ever release the ground-breaking new feature of being able to change the sort direction when browsing flight options?

This has been a recurring request from customers for 20 years at this point. Does it require an additional 200-300 software engineers in order to implement, or is there some other cause for the delay?
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2022, 12:11 am

Originally Posted by CptnInc
Do we think that Delta will ever release the ground-breaking new feature of being able to change the sort direction when browsing flight options?
Guarantee that some dweeb with an over-inflated title declared that their fixed sort algorithm increases revenue by some percent.

So no.
ebayj, volabam, strickerj and 1 others like this.
Old Nov 29, 2022, 9:09 am

Programs: communist, liberal and love Campbell's Cream of Chicken Soup
Dweebs need to figure out a way of deleting expired, used vouchers, certificates etc. in wallet/profile. It's just a lot of stuff to have to look at.
ebayj likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2022, 11:53 am

Programs: Delta, AA, United, Hilton Diamond, Marriott
Signature, lol. Highly overrated FBO
CptnInc likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2022, 12:12 pm

Had a lot of turbulence on my flight yesterday, and while not severe by any means, it was constant...so much so that a pax sitting in one of the last few rows got sick. While the commotion of that was going one, there was a child (I am guessing about 3 years old) sitting in the row behind me in C+ that was having the time of his life thinking he was on a ride at Disney land. Every time we hit a bump, he would cry out with joy saying "yay!" or "wee!" While I am usually a grump towards kids making noise on flights, the way he did it was somewhat cute. It's disappointing that someone couldn't take a few bumps and diminished my enjoyment of the kid having a good time.
Old Dec 5, 2022, 5:21 am

seems like when I call the 800 number, the system can already figure out that it's me calling, it should also be able to realize that I know how to use the chat function and if I wanted to use chat, I would have started a chat rather than call in, and stop asking me if I want to use the chat. This is especially infuriating because about 10% of the time the phone bot is completely unable to understand me saying "no thanks" for some reason.
Old Dec 5, 2022, 10:04 am

Relatedly, if, as sometimes happens miraculously, the current hold time is zero minutes, then it would be really nice to be connected immediately rather than listening to the pitch that I should "save time" by hanging up and doing something else.
Old Dec 5, 2022, 4:06 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
I can only be more amused than annoyed when Delta is sending me messages to check out international award ticket deals. Which include 700K SkyPesos + $47 for a MSY-DUB ticket (Delta One over the Atlantic) that has a cash price of $5450 if you move things over like two days

I mean when you’re not even hitting the penny per mile mark for an ‘award ticket deal’ your programmers are just trolling me.
Old Dec 7, 2022, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
For the amount of time Delta makes me sit on hold, I should be able to pipe my own Spotify playlist into the medallion line. I'm now 45 mins into waiting for global partner ticketing. Good thing the Christmas party I have to go to tonight isn't until 6.
Zorak and presence.unknown like this.
Old Dec 7, 2022, 1:10 pm

Programs: SkyPesos -> MVP Gold 100K
More of a dumb DL system programming complaint — random and pathetic would probably depend on how you look at it.

On DL1600 SEA-PDX then back to PDX-SEA with a 40 min layover, same flight number on return segment. System doesn’t recognize that it’s a separate flight so scanning my return BP (which is a different BP) would result in “pax already boarded”; even though different seats.

After going back and forth, I boarded without a BP
GW McLintock and jjl468 like this.
Old Dec 7, 2022, 1:50 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM
During a flight, I fell asleep and dreamed a fan was blowing in my face, and I was trying to turn it off, but I couldn't figure out how. Awoke and discovered a/c blowing in my face and the sound of the airplane in flight was the same sound coming from the fan in my dream.
Old Dec 8, 2022, 7:32 am

Originally Posted by beachmouse
I can only be more amused than annoyed when Delta is sending me messages to check out international award ticket deals. Which include 700K SkyPesos + $47 for a MSY-DUB ticket (Delta One over the Atlantic) that has a cash price of $5450 if you move things over like two days

I mean when you’re not even hitting the penny per mile mark for an ‘award ticket deal’ your programmers are just trolling me.
wait are you comparing the skymiles quoted for one flight with the cash payment quoted for a totally different flight on a different day? uh, lol?
jebr likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.