Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2019, 7:33 pm

Programs: Days of Our Lives, General Hospital
Both of my upcoming bookings on DL are labeled "BUSINESS TRAVEL" on the website. How would DL presume to know this, and why would they care?

Both trips, by the way, are to typical vacation destinations.
Old Dec 16, 2019, 7:39 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by kochleffel
Both of my upcoming bookings on DL are labeled "BUSINESS TRAVEL" on the website. How would DL presume to know this, and why would they care?

Both trips, by the way, are to typical vacation destinations.
I don't think any conclusions were reached, but:

What does "Business Trip" Mean
Old Dec 16, 2019, 8:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
oh, there were a lot of conclusions, but there was (unsurprisingly) no real sign of consensus
Old Dec 17, 2019, 10:45 pm

Programs: DL PM, HHD, MG
Mostly deserted SC at SLC, a lady and her husband had to pick the seat right up against mine when most all seats in the club were empty and proceeded to have loud conversations about the family.
JBJ2435 likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2019, 7:09 am

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by Dutch101
Mostly deserted SC at SLC, a lady and her husband had to pick the seat right up against mine when most all seats in the club were empty and proceeded to have loud conversations about the family.
You definitely should have chimed in at some point.
Old Dec 18, 2019, 3:26 pm

Programs: Miles N More, One World
This happened Monday. I did an "Air Con" emergency medical transportation to FLG in a twin engine turbo prop. Here is my pathetic complaints.

I was not offered priority boarding, actually last to board.
No pdb!
No hot towels were passed out
No meal was afforded to me and no snacks for purchase.
No free pretzels or peanuts.
No drink cart was ever pushed around the cabin.
No in flight entertainment
No miles were added to any of my frequent flier accounts.
Never was I given the opportunity to upgrade my seat to business class or even comfort plus.
Come to think of it I never saw the flight attendant once during the flight.
The only carry on was the felon himself.
Everything turned out ok for all involved
MEABFlyer, TXguy and strickerj like this.
Old Dec 22, 2019, 5:31 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum; Hilton Diamond; Marriot Gold
Having to travel during a holiday week when mainlines are swapped out for crappy DLX. The CR9’s are okay... but flying into the storm over ATL means likelihood of cancelation/delay is there... and because it’s a holiday week, less IRROP options.
Old Dec 27, 2019, 8:54 am

When people get on the plane train and then immediately stop, making everyone else have to awkwardly dance to get around them
CO-PLAT and strickerj like this.
Old Dec 27, 2019, 10:14 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriott Platinum, Former Amtrak Select, Former Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by blueflyer3
When people get on the plane train and then immediately stop, making everyone else have to awkwardly dance to get around them
You can very easily pick out the people who don't normally use public transportation on airport trains and car rental buses. It's so annoying.
Old Dec 27, 2019, 10:57 am

Originally Posted by blueflyer3
not at all a pathetic complaint
gooselee likes this.
Old Dec 28, 2019, 1:56 am

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Tonight's complaint is that some people are never happy. A 2013 thread was bumped and a derisive comment was made about it. Yet other places someone asks a question and are pestered with "why didn't you search?". We can't have it both ways!
Old Dec 28, 2019, 2:53 pm
In memoriam

Programs: DL 2MM, AA MM, DL Sky Club Life, AA Admirals Club Life, Hilton Gold Life
Saw a new one yesterday in First.

It started with my drink being served without a napkin. OK that's a pathetic gripe, but when you have a stirrer it's nice to place it on a napkin after use so you don't put out your eye out.

I tried to flag down the very young stewardess (FA) who was hustling the drinks for the other passengers (good). It was then I noticed that she was not using a tray with napkins. Instead she was hustling 4 separate drinks at a time by using her fingers in the tops of the 4 drink tumblers so as not to spill any while walking fast. It seemed to work and of course helped stir the cocktails at the same time. Although I did wonder about it dissolving her nail polish.

When I deplaned I stop at the galley and asked if they did not have any trays loaded on the flight. The lead FA responded that it being a short flight that they don't have tray service ????
Old Dec 29, 2019, 6:27 am

Originally Posted by Lomapaseo
. . . using her fingers in the tops of the 4 drink tumblers so as not to spill any while walking fast. It seemed to work and of course helped stir the cocktails at the same time. Although I did wonder about it dissolving her nail polish.
Too bad DL doesn't have Drambuie, as a Rusty Nail would have been apropos.
stc, gemdigital, ekozie and 1 others like this.
Old Dec 29, 2019, 10:57 am

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Plat-ist, Bonvoyyyyyyed, Hilton $15 Daily F&B Receiver, Food Lion MVP
Originally Posted by Gig103
Tonight's complaint is that some people are never happy. A 2013 thread was bumped and a derisive comment was made about it. Yet other places someone asks a question and are pestered with "why didn't you search?". We can't have it both ways!
I know this thread is meant to be somewhat sarcastic, but if there was a thread in 2013, there was probably also one in 2014, 2015, 2015, etc. A lot of new posters think that the gears and mechanisms of this forum and possibly the Delta mothership herself are going to stop turning so everyone can divert all of their attention, sympathy, and (of course) proper compensation to the relatively small problem they encountered that's ABSOLUTELY CONSUMING THEM FROM THE OUTSIDE IN LIKE NECROTIZING FASCIITIS.
Old Dec 29, 2019, 6:26 pm

Programs: Bellevue Lifetime Premiere Mega Elite Supreme
Approached ATL E36 to tonight’s DL1285 ATL>SNA at published boarding time (boarding would be +30 late). No one in line, so I’m first in the SP lane, but I stand just off the side of the SP carpet to allow for wheelchair preboards.

Moments later, Captain Clankster McBragTag, Mega DM — complete with pretentious Tumi and 70’s vintage corduroys — zips straight to the front of the SP lane, swinging his Clanky metal DM tag like an elephant swings it’s trunk. Shortly thereafter he has to step on my backpack to allow the chairs through.

After preboards he zips through to board first, trying to scan his BP on the wrong scanner. Once aboard, he stops at C+ (it’s a 752), blocking the lane while doing the Hokey Pokey. Waiting just behind him, once he moves over (with a slightly put-out eyeshot) we pass by to F.

I feel a little petty for the momentary sensation of glee, but... it’s a character defect I’m working on.

That’s pretty random and pathetic.

Woo-hoo! I get a two-fer! The movie I just paid $20 for on Amazon last night is available on the plane.

Last edited by TheHorta; Dec 29, 2019 at 7:07 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.