Wiki Posts
Search

What does "Business Trip" Mean

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2018, 3:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM 4.7 MM MQM Marriott Ambassador Lifetime Titanium AA CK
What does "Business Trip" Mean

I logged on this AM to look at a trip and noted from yesterday that some of my trips DL thinks are business trips, In the trips I see for example.

This is correctly a business trip but my trip Sunday to BWI is not listed as a business trip and it is. What does this designations mean and how do you change it if it has some meaning.
Old Jul 26, 2018, 4:47 am

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
I don't have a factual answer, but, do you participate in SkyBonus? If you do, are the trips attributed to BUSINESS TRIP, selected as SkyBonus business trips?
Old Jul 26, 2018, 5:25 am

Programs: Delta, Hilton, Hertz
I also now see this on my work trips when I go to "my trips". Never noticed it until I saw this thread. We have a corporate contract but are not skybonus members.
Old Jul 26, 2018, 5:39 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SuperG1955
I don't have a factual answer, but, do you participate in SkyBonus? If you do, are the trips attributed to BUSINESS TRIP, selected as SkyBonus business trips?
no on skybonus.
Old Jul 26, 2018, 5:47 am

Programs: DL GM
I see it too. I have two trips upcoming in the next few months- one business bought with cash, the other personal bought with miles. The business one (correctly) shows as "Business Trip" while the personal does not.

Not sure if has any practical impact, but it is correct....

Keith
Old Jul 26, 2018, 5:53 am
Original Poster

I only have 1 CC in my DL wallet. For me the designation is completely random. Except for 2 clear no business trips to GGT and SXM
Old Jul 26, 2018, 6:10 am

I'm pretty sure that business trips (Corporate contract customers) get a higher upgrade priority somewhere in the tiebreakers.
Old Jul 26, 2018, 6:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by micstatic
I'm pretty sure that business trips (Corporate contract customers) get a higher upgrade priority somewhere in the tiebreakers.
I am 1000% sure this is NOT correct. We are a small business and do not have a Corporate contract and I use my personal CC
Old Jul 26, 2018, 6:55 am

hnewman. Not sure why you are 1000% correct. The point I'm making is that business's that have a corporate contract with Delta also have their employees get a higher upgrade tiebreaker. I'm not talking about skybonus. Straight from delta site:Priority
Complimentary Upgrade Hierarchy1
Medallion Status
Fare Class Groupings: higher-priced fares are ranked above lower-priced fares
Delta Reserve Credit Card Members
Delta Corporate Travelers*
Card Members who earned the Medallion Qualification Dollars (MQD) Waiver in the current calendar year1
Date and time of upgrade request
*Delta Corporate Travelers eligible for higher upgrade clearance priority are SkyMiles Medallion Members traveling on a ticket that includes their eligible employer's Corporate Ticket Designator.
Old Jul 26, 2018, 7:05 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
hnewman. Not sure why you are 1000% correct. The point I'm making is that business's that have a corporate contract with Delta also have their employees get a higher upgrade tiebreaker. I'm not talking about skybonus. Straight from delta site:Priority
His point is that your point has nothing to do with the "BUSINESS TRIP" designation on some trips
Old Jul 26, 2018, 7:23 am

sorry for misunderstand folks. I guess the question that we all would like to see answered is Why are they now showing this and what does it affect?
Old Jul 26, 2018, 7:55 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz PC
Interesting. I have "Business Trip" tagged on some itineraries, but not others, although they are all business trips.
Old Jul 26, 2018, 8:04 am

I have 6 work trips and 1 leisure. All 6 are properly showing as business.
Old Jul 26, 2018, 8:21 am
Original Poster

Complimentary Upgrade Hierarchy1
Medallion Status
Fare Class Groupings: higher-priced fares are ranked above lower-priced fares
Delta Reserve Credit Card Members
Delta Corporate Travelers*
Card Members who earned the Medallion Qualification Dollars (MQD) Waiver in the current calendar year1
Date and time of upgrade request
*Delta Corporate Travelers eligible for higher upgrade clearance priority are SkyMiles Medallion Members traveling on a ticket that includes their eligible employer's Corporate Ticket Designator.
I am not a Corporate Traveler for sure, so that is not it
Old Jul 26, 2018, 10:48 am

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Oh this is weird. I have 4 upcoming trips and DL has correctly labeled the 2 "BUSINESS TRIPS". I don't bother with SkyBonus anymore (company is too small) and I don't have a corporate contract (company is too small).

The 2 non-BUSINESS TRIPS have a second passenger on the itinerary.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.