Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta to change 1st/C+ upgrades for two based on highest medallion level

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta to change 1st/C+ upgrades for two based on highest medallion level

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2017, 9:16 am

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by anon2k2
Has anyone noticed if this has had significant impact on solo medallion upgrades? I know that was the fear, but I haven't noticed much difference on my flights so far.
I've seen two with the same name above me, once. However none of us got it so it didn't really affect me in the end. (#6 on the list, they were #4 and #5, only 1 seat available, DTW-MCO).

Question, and it's probably been answered... do Medallions get the upgrade w/ companion at their level, on PWM tickets? This is assuming that the companion is a Skymiles member but not a Medallion.
Old Feb 3, 2017, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Only had one occurrence so far on DTW/MIA. Was #3 for 1 seat and the two names above me were the same. It was a father and who I assume was his young daughter (and I know it's possible the daughter could have been a diamond as well).

I guess the daughter would have been considered an UM so I ended up getting the upgrade. Someone must have misconnected or missed getting to the airport because the GA had number four pulled for another empty seat right before they closed the door.
Old Feb 3, 2017, 10:07 am

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP 100K, Amtrak peon, Colbert Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by kitkat77
Question, and it's probably been answered... do Medallions get the upgrade w/ companion at their level, on PWM tickets? This is assuming that the companion is a Skymiles member but not a Medallion.
No upgrades for companion or primary pax on PWM or award tickets if companion lacks status. This even applies to C+.
Old Feb 3, 2017, 11:09 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by GoAmtrak
This even applies to C+.
True, thought I have twice had GA's willing to upgrade me plus two companions into C+ at the gate when there was room. Just go there early and asked.
Old Feb 3, 2017, 12:56 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by GoAmtrak
No upgrades for companion or primary pax on PWM or award tickets if companion lacks status. This even applies to C+.
That's crummy. I haven't traveled w/ companion since the C+ "upgrade" crap happened and back then you could choose your C+ seat and theirs, even on award or PWM. Oh well.
Old Feb 3, 2017, 3:04 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott/Starwood Plat
Originally Posted by kitkat77
That's crummy. I haven't traveled w/ companion since the C+ "upgrade" crap happened and back then you could choose your C+ seat and theirs, even on award or PWM. Oh well.
That does suck. One of the few times I fly with a companion and would appreciate companions at the same upgrade status is when I fly with my wife for leisure, which is always on award tickets.
Old Feb 4, 2017, 12:57 pm

Programs: Delta KM/PM/MM, Nexus, CLEAR, Sharriott Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
snowbirds and petunias

Originally Posted by scongro
I don't believe it's had a material difference. I think with as much as everyone on here flies it would have been noticed already.
Yes, even on the snowbird routes, there would have been some cnxns X/ATL, especially. But we may see an uptick this summer.

Just waiting for reports of Dad and Mom up front, with their little petunias, perfectly behaved, marooned in back. Which may be one of the reasons for shrinking the UG allowance from 9 companions to 1.
Old Feb 4, 2017, 5:05 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I've been trying to watch the upgrade lists for two people with the same last name next to each other, although I realize that this isn't a prefect indication of the new policy at work. So far it's seemed inconclusive to me.
It happened to me. I was #3 for 2 seats, and #1 and #2 both had the same last name (or first 3 letters).

But I had RUCs to get rid of, sooooo....
Old Feb 11, 2017, 12:40 pm

Programs: DL DM
PWM?

I've been following the thread closely and have been the beneficiary of multiple companion upgrades to F on award travel. (DM + GM)

However, does it work precisely the same way with PWM tickets? (companion upgrades only with 2 medallions on the same PNR)?

Or, no companion upgrades at all with PWM?
Old Feb 11, 2017, 1:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by AKC6
Yes, even on the snowbird routes, there would have been some cnxns X/ATL, especially. But we may see an uptick this summer.

Just waiting for reports of Dad and Mom up front, with their little petunias, perfectly behaved, marooned in back. Which may be one of the reasons for shrinking the UG allowance from 9 companions to 1.
In that case, the parents should be paying UM fees for the kids they abandoned in coach.
Old Jan 28, 2018, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Want to make sure I'm understanding the rules correctly.

Fiance and I are going on a trip with her mom in a couple of weeks. Fiance and I are both silver but her mom isn't. The only way for all 3 of us to eligible for C+/F upgrades and exit row seating is to split into 2 PNRs is that correct?
Old Jan 28, 2018, 2:19 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by Duke787
Want to make sure I'm understanding the rules correctly.

Fiance and I are going on a trip with her mom in a couple of weeks. Fiance and I are both silver but her mom isn't. The only way for all 3 of us to eligible for C+/F upgrades and exit row seating is to split into 2 PNRs is that correct?
If a PNR has 3 or more PAX on it than all PAX must be medallion members to request UG's, so either you or your fiancé need to be booked on one seperate PNR and book the other person with your finances mom on the other PNR.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.