Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Pre-ordering Meals on Delta, the Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 24, 2019, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: michab
The following website seems to allow you to preview the menu options ahead of time: http://cloud.o.delta.com/fltInfo

The Delta App lets you pre-select meals 7 days prior to departure. You may or may not receive an email around the same time (it's inconsistent whether you even receive an email). On the "MY TRIPS" tab, any eligible trip in the list will have a SELECT YOUR ENTREE button; this also appears if you tap on a trip and are viewing the individual trip details. The app is able to handle selections for multiple passengers traveling on the same record (i.e. you will be able to make selections on behalf of traveling companions)

Sample screenshot:

PRE-COVID: If you don't get the email, or only one of multiple passengers receives the email*, you can ask a phone or Twitter/FB agent for the choices, and they can make your selection up until T-24h (not all agents are sharp about this, so you may need to explain that you want to pre-order a regular meal, *not* one of the special vegetarian/Kosher meals etc. HUCA as needed) Nowadays it is unclear if agents can even still do this (or if just the average phone/chat agent does not know how to do so anymore)

*If this happens, double check that you have an email address (for each passenger) in the reservation. (But this can happen at random anyway even if you do have an email address listed.)

Print Wikipost

Pre-ordering Meals on Delta, the Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2019, 12:53 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by lucycan
Definitely a work in progress. For today's flight I did get the email (yeah!) but when I sat down on the flight they asked if I wanted lunch. I said I had pre-ordered and the FA looked at me and said (I can't make this up) "We do that?".

On SAT I had pre-ordered and when they came around they said "I'm sorry all the chicken was pre-ordered" and I was like "yeah, I know one was me" and the FA replied "no I mean we have none left".

Honestly the entire process has made the meal process WORSE, not better!
You should write this up and send it in as a complaint to Delta so they can track it.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 12:59 pm

Programs: DL DM / 2MM - Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
You should write this up and send it in as a complaint to Delta so they can track it.
I've shared a few thoughts with Delta on this topic over the last month. They don't seem to (genuinely) care.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 1:17 pm

Programs: DL DM 2MM, MR LTT, Hilton D, Hertz PC. National Emerald Exec, UA Silver(thanks to Marriott)
Originally Posted by Tomphot
My wife and I are flying to MAD this week. I used miles for D!, I was sent the meal email but my wife was not. Is this common when all miles were mine?
It happened to me a few months ago with my wife, for some reason her email wasn't on the PNR.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 12:32 am

Programs: DL DM/MM , IHG Plat, MR Titanium, HH Gold, EK Frequent Kettle, UA Silver, AA Hater
What if my wife's profile has my e-mail; will I get two e-mails for our upcoming trip?

I had to change the e-mail on her profile because she was complaining about spam from DL
Old Apr 2, 2019, 6:52 am

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA
Originally Posted by dilbertsdaddy
What if my wife's profile has my e-mail; will I get two e-mails for our upcoming trip?

I had to change the e-mail on her profile because she was complaining about spam from DL
I would return your wife's email to her profile and then setup her email (whatever it may be) to send all delta related emails to the spam folder. She will still be able to access them when needed. Especially when you are travelling together, when you receive your email it would also be a signal for her to check her spam folder for hers as I imagine they would come out at the same time or very close.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 9:17 pm

Programs: AA PLT/5MM; AS MVP GLD 75K; DL DM; EK SLV; HHonors DIAM; Marriott GLD
Originally Posted by Tomphot
My wife and I are flying to MAD this week. I used miles for D!, I was sent the meal email but my wife was not. Is this common when all miles were mine?
I fly F class or international Delta One on a weekly basis and have never received one of these emails.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 12:26 am

Programs: Hilton/Marriott Gold, Accor Silver
Just got the email at about T-68 from departure.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 6:09 am

Programs: Delta, Hertz, Hilton, Marriott
My partner and I are on the same reservations. He always gets the email, but I don't. Not a big deal, but just curious.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 8:23 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Received the pre-select email for my Austin–Detroit early morning breakfast flight.

Old Apr 3, 2019, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
ATL - SEA dinner options

Picked the sandwich as I'm not fond of pad thai with cold chicken. Got a subsequent email confirmation of my choice as well!
​​​​​​
Old Apr 3, 2019, 11:09 am

Programs: DL GM, HH Diamond
YVR to MSP
Got the email, made my selection, got confirmation email, FA confirmed the choice onboard before service.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 12:03 pm

Programs: DL SPlat, KLM Bump, Privium Plus, GOES
Yee haw! Received the email this time (AMS-SEA), last time departing from AMS i didn't get the email.

Old Apr 3, 2019, 12:25 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Grouchy
Yee haw! Received the email this time (AMS-SEA), last time departing from AMS i didn't get the email.

What's with Delta and shrimp or prawns. I swear. They must get an amazing deal from the catering kitchens.

Unusual not to see a filet of fish option, like cod or salmon.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 2:04 pm

Programs: DL SPlat, KLM Bump, Privium Plus, GOES
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
What's with Delta and shrimp or prawns. I swear. They must get an amazing deal from the catering kitchens.

Unusual not to see a filet of fish option, like cod or salmon.
The spring 04/2018 AMS-US menu also didn't have salmon. Wouldn't worry to much, the spring 2018 menu 'roasted salmon filet' or 'bourbon grilled cedar plank salmon' might make a reappearance in the 5/19 AMS-US menu (it did last year)
Plus pretty sure fish is not completely gone from the menu and we will see 'salmon tataki' as a starter in the AMS-US 2019 spring menu later this week

Add to that; betting that the 'almost there' options 'Cuban pork sandwich' or the 'mixed green salad with grilled chicken' are also the same as the March 2019 spring menu (and 2018 spring menu).
Old Apr 8, 2019, 2:58 pm

Programs: SPEBSQSA
Adding another data point. Thursday SLC-YYZ received the preorder email about 69 hours out. Korean Meatballs or Buffalo Chicken Salad.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.